Windows 7

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
i have XP, four years old, but i bought top notch MB, chip, drive etc.....

been waiting to upgrade based on windows 7, because we all know vista sucks....any beta testers on the board or any other opinions as to W7....because i want to upgrade

been waiting to upgrade based on windows 7, because we all know vista sucks....any beta testers on the board or any other opinions as to W7....because i want to upgrade

Ask Shogun, he's a windoes fanboy, he knows everything about all computers and operating systems. Shit, what am I saying, he's an HR guy, he knows everything!:razz::lol::lol::lol:

Don't have any personal experience with it yet, I'll get back to you in two days. I'm running XP now.

My techie friends who beta-tested it said it was amazing, as big a jump from XP, as XP was from 95. Luckily, I've got the academic discount, and so ordered my Windows 7 pro for $35.

I'm getting it in two hours! Can't wait...

Ask Shogun, he's a windoes fanboy, he knows everything about all computers and operating systems. Shit, what am I saying, he's an HR guy, he knows everything!:razz::lol::lol::lol:

and you're a mac guy.....right...

Don't have any personal experience with it yet, I'll get back to you in two days. I'm running XP now.

My techie friends who beta-tested it said it was amazing, as big a jump from XP, as XP was from 95. Luckily, I've got the academic discount, and so ordered my Windows 7 pro for $35.

I'm getting it in two hours! Can't wait...

let me know....and what do your beta friends say?

I just bought a laptop with Vista but I got a coupon for Windows 7 free. It is supposed to ship 10/25.

and you're a mac guy.....right...

Yea, I am a MAC guy...... I'm not ashamed.

I had written a long explanation but really, what's the point, most take my enthusiasm for Apple the wrong way. I hope Windows 7 is everything they claim it will be, you guys deserve to finally be almost as happy as we are with OSX........ good luck with that.:razz:

This is being written from a Win 7 machine. It definitiely performs better than Vista.

I did add a high performance video card and went with 64 bit. 8GB DDR3 and dual core.
It better perform well.

I have to see if my business software will run on 7 it didn't like Vista so I had to pay extra to "downgrade " to XP pro.

Indeed. Except, I'll admit, how to masterfully stack luggage, tetris-style, on a cart to be wheeled to the tarmac. I bow to your expertise in this particular field of knowledge.

I just bought a laptop with Vista but I got a coupon for Windows 7 free. It is supposed to ship 10/25.

thats how im getting my copy as well. I look forward to the upgrade. XP users get ready for a format and full install. Start backing up now.

and don't worry about Shitarro. The endometrial lining of his uterus is starting to swell and discharge.

Last edited:

I've got a windows 7 (beta)on my computer now and like it much better than vista.

I can't tell you all sorts of techie stuff cuz I'm just not that computer literate, but it runs faster, smoother and is more user-friendly, IMO. :thup:

Been backing up my files for 3 hours now...transferring dozens of gigabytes via flash drive takes forever! Although I'd be doing a clean install (w/format) of Windows 7 even if I had Vista, just to be safe.

Indeed. Except, I'll admit, how to masterfully stack luggage, tetris-style, on a cart to be wheeled to the tarmac. I bow to your expertise in this particular field of knowledge.

Anybody call in sick today?:razz: I bet you really have to watch out for those deadly carpal tunnel symptoms.

Last edited:

Anybody call in sick today?:razz: I bet you really have to watch out for those deadly carpal tunnel symptoms.

I hope the irony of your statement isn't lost on you the next time you call in sick. You know, given who you'll be asking about sick leave policy and all. go find your gloves, worker. It's getting cold outside and you might want as much comfort as you'll ever get down on the tarmac.

:lol:

ps.. enjoy the rest of your Win7 launch day.

:thup:

I've been running W7 for months. No more beta, although I've got an MSDN subscription so I get software updates from Micro$oft much earlier than most. It's what Vista should have been. I read this article yesterday:

Review: Windows 7 Is Vast Improvement Over Vista - Buying Home Computer | Business Solution | Networking Home Computers - FOXNews.com

Great article.

I hope the irony of your statement isn't lost on you the next time you call in sick. You know, given who you'll be asking about sick leave policy and all. go find your gloves, worker. It's getting cold outside and you might want as much comfort as you'll ever get down on the tarmac.

Cold outside???? Where?

Cold outside???? Where?

ahhh.. in your case then make sure to drink plenty of fluids. I'd hate for you to dehydrate while you are lugging bags around outside. Safety may not be on the minds of very many part time plebes but, I assure you, your superiors want you to be careful.

Cold outside???? Where?

ahhh.. in your case then make sure to drink plenty of fluids. I'd hate for you to dehydrate while you are lugging bags around outside. Safety may not be on the minds of very many part time plebes but, I assure you, your superiors want you to be careful.

You keep talking about baggage, do you think that is the only job at an airport? I actually work on the Aircraft Movement Team. We tow aircraft across the airport to the maintenance facilities and back to the gates, saves thousands of gallons of jet fuel per year. If mechanics have to taxi the wide body aircraft, they are required to use both engines, there is also the chance of damage to aircraft when people that don't taxi them daily get into the cockpit......... millions of dollars worth a fuel and a large carbon footprint that is easily replaced by 2 men crews in a specialized tug.

Hey man.. you can polish the turd of your existence all you need to. It's no sweat off of my nuts how much self validation you need to swallow in order to crawl out of bed every day. I know I know.. Janitors are also Building Lavatory Engineers too.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back