Windows 7

But, to be responsive to the OP, as a computer professional, we have been doing extensive testing of the Windows 7 beta release. Over the last 4-6 months, we have noted that Windows 7 is far superior to and without many of the issues in Vista. So, if you like to pay for your operating systems and want to use a Microsoft product, either install Windows XP (if that's an option for you) or install Windows 7 beta. Vista is unsafe at any speed (and that speed is usually slow and slower......or stopped). And that's if you can get it to find all of your installed hardware each time it boots (nothing short of miraculous).

Make sure you have at least 2 GB of RAM, identify all of your hardware in Device Manager prior to installing the new OS. Go to the manufacturer or PC manufacturer's site and download the relevant drivers for your hardware and burn to CD (just in case). Then upgrade away.

OR, you can spend 4 thousand dollars on an apple which would cost you 800 dollars were it a PC. By all means, install ubuntu. We'll see you back online when you boot up in an MS os and are actually able to make your wifi drivers function. But hey, you'll be uber l33t while you are offline!

:rofl:

While these cultish zombies moan on and on about eating brains your XP, Vista AND win7 machine will be functioning and compatible with the REST OF US.

You can take the word of these nutters with a grain of Justin Long's acting career.

:thup:

I haven't had any problem getting wifi drivers to work in any flavor of Linux since 2000. And then it was just getting promiscuous mode to work so I could run Kismet.

So, unless you made your own 802.11 device, I doubt you'd have trouble making it working in virtually any kind of Linux.

But, to be responsive to the OP, as a computer professional, we have been doing extensive testing of the Windows 7 beta release. Over the last 4-6 months, we have noted that Windows 7 is far superior to and without many of the issues in Vista. So, if you like to pay for your operating systems and want to use a Microsoft product, either install Windows XP (if that's an option for you) or install Windows 7 beta. Vista is unsafe at any speed (and that speed is usually slow and slower......or stopped). And that's if you can get it to find all of your installed hardware each time it boots (nothing short of miraculous).

Make sure you have at least 2 GB of RAM, identify all of your hardware in Device Manager prior to installing the new OS. Go to the manufacturer or PC manufacturer's site and download the relevant drivers for your hardware and burn to CD (just in case). Then upgrade away.

OR, you can spend 4 thousand dollars on an apple which would cost you 800 dollars were it a PC. By all means, install ubuntu. We'll see you back online when you boot up in an MS os and are actually able to make your wifi drivers function. But hey, you'll be uber l33t while you are offline!

While these cultish zombies moan on and on about eating brains your XP, Vista AND win7 machine will be functioning and compatible with the REST OF US.

You can take the word of these nutters with a grain of Justin Long's acting career.

I haven't had any problem getting wifi drivers to work in any flavor of Linux since 2000. And then it was just getting promiscuous mode to work so I could run Kismet.

So, unless you made your own 802.11 device, I doubt you'd have trouble making it working in virtually any kind of Linux.

Are you suggesting that no one has problems with wifi drivers just because you dont? Hey, I've never had a trojan virus either so they must not exist!

perhaps you should google "Ubuntu" and "cannot connect to network"....

I like Vista, once I got rid of the nags..which was very easy to do. I heard from a W7 user that W7 was like Vista but no nags.

For once I agree with Soggy. You can buy an all tricked out laptop for $300, why the hell would anyone care so much about their OS?

For once I agree with Soggy. You can buy an all tricked out laptop for $300, why the hell would anyone care so much about their OS?

Well, when I was using Vista, sometimes I would boot and it would decide that I didn't have a touchpad on my laptop. Never mind that I'd had it for two years. How much fun is Windows without a mouse? So, I would have to reboot it. Sometimes it found the touchpad, sometimes not. If not, repeat until Windows decided to find it or plug in a USB mouse if one was around and curse Windows under your breath.

Then, sometimes Vista decided that I didn't have a network adapter. Repeat as above. Additionally, Vista decided to hide various systems related things and make them more difficult to find and access. While that may make no difference to the average consumer, it made my life more difficult and did not endear me to the OS.

So, that's why I care so much about the OS, I was just frustrated as all hell with the basic shit not working.

Are you suggesting that no one has problems with wifi drivers just because you dont? Hey, I've never had a trojan virus either so they must not exist!

I'm just relating my experience. I've used a variety of USB and PCMCIA cards with Linux (Mostly Red Hat, Fedora Core, Mandrake (Mandriva) and Ubuntu) and that is my experience. So you found some youtube vid of someone who had a problem.....so what?

Vista used to not find my wired network adapter randomly. I'm not saying everyone running Windows has that problem. Which is analogous to what you are saying about Ubuntu. (One guy had a problem with a driver, so everyone will).

My Vista stability rating on a business Dell Latitude 830 was below 5 (as measured by the Windows tool) out of 10, most of the 2 years I ran it. That means that the crappy thing crashed all the time. Now tell me how good it was again.

Who am I gonna believe Microshill Soggy or my lying eyes? HMMMMM.....I wonder.

I'm just relating my experience. I've used a variety of USB and PCMCIA cards with Linux (Mostly Red Hat, Fedora Core, Mandrake (Mandriva) and Ubuntu) and that is my experience. So you found some youtube vid of someone who had a problem.....so what?

Vista used to not find my wired network adapter randomly. I'm not saying everyone running Windows has that problem. Which is analogous to what you are saying about Ubuntu. (One guy had a problem with a driver, so everyone will).

My Vista stability rating on a business Dell Latitude 830 was below 5 (as measured by the Windows tool) out of 10, most of the 2 years I ran it. That means that the crappy thing crashed all the time. Now tell me how good it was again.

Google is your friend. If you are thinking that one dude on youtube is the source of this specific point then perhaps you might want to rethink exactly what your personal experience is supposed to convey to us.

Again, go google yourself "ubuntu" and "internet connection problems". Feel walk past any youtube videos and enjoy a shit ton of ubuntu forum complaints.

:lol:

Believe who you want to, zombie. The rest of us will be enjoying win7 while your cult is out looking for the next linux distro to fix their connectivity problems.

Google is your friend. If you are thinking that one dude on youtube is the source of this specific point then perhaps you might want to rethink exactly what your personal experience is supposed to convey to us.

Again, go google yourself "ubuntu" and "internet connection problems". Feel walk past any youtube videos and enjoy a shit ton of ubuntu forum complaints.

Believe who you want to, zombie. The rest of us will be enjoying win7 while your cult is out looking for the next linux distro to fix their connectivity problems.

OK, Microshill, keep trying to convince the world that the Operating System that powers most of the servers on the Internet has connectivity problems :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

OK, Microshill, keep trying to convince the world that the Operating System that powers most of the servers on the Internet has connectivity problems :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

google is your friend, zombie.

ubuntu connectivity problems - Google Search

yea... trying to catch up to... millions of MS users sure are trying to catch up to that fraction of a percent of ubuntu users..

Enjoy combing messageboard forums begging for wifi drivers, holmes. The rest of us will go ahead and enjoy the internet while you tinker and fiddle with unsupported drivers and moaning like a zombie until the latest, lamest distro comes around.

A one track mind ... seriously, one person asked for advice on the driver, nothing more, because they weren't as computer savvy as others, it takes a bigger person to admit when they don't know something, unlike you. One day you will experience Linux, because I would wager that even your company will make the switch and Windoze can't open all Linux documents (though oddly Linux can open anything Windoze can).

Try finding support for a 1980 dot matrix printer on Windoze ... :eusa_whistle:

yea... trying to catch up to... millions of MS users sure are trying to catch up to that fraction of a percent of ubuntu users..

Enjoy combing messageboard forums begging for wifi drivers, holmes. The rest of us will go ahead and enjoy the internet while you tinker and fiddle with unsupported drivers and moaning like a zombie until the latest, lamest distro comes around.

A one track mind ... seriously, one person asked for advice on the driver, nothing more, because they weren't as computer savvy as others, it takes a bigger person to admit when they don't know something, unlike you. One day you will experience Linux, because I would wager that even your company will make the switch and Windoze can't open all Linux documents (though oddly Linux can open anything Windoze can).

I posted my evidence, zombie. where is yours? And, if you think it was merely one person in the PAGES of google hits responding to "ubuntu" and "connectivity problems" then, again, we see just how deep your expertise goes.

fucking zombie.

Try finding support for a 1980 dot matrix printer on Windoze ... :eusa_whistle:

:HAHAHAHAAHADSHJFAKADSKALKALOLOLOLOLOLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yea! because lord fucking knows a DOT MATRIX PRINTER is just as modern as a goddamn wifi connection!

oh man.. the shit you silly little festering zombies will say just to feel l33t cracks my shit up.

I posted my evidence, zombie. where is yours? And, if you think it was merely one person in the PAGES of google hits responding to "ubuntu" and "connectivity problems" then, again, we see just how deep your expertise goes.

fucking zombie.

First, when I click your link I get pages of answers to the problem, not pages of unanswered requests for help from a company. :eusa_whistle:

Second, until you try it you know nothing about it.

We have two computers with Vista...never had a problem. But I do like XP better. Also have a couple of Apples...overpriced, IMO.

We have two computers with Vista...never had a problem. But I do like XP better. Also have a couple of Apples...overpriced, IMO.

With Apple products you pay for customer support more than anything.
Yeah, you get to hang out at the "genius" bar for three hours before they tell you they can't fix your hardware. :lol:

They couldn't even find a serial number for me of a computer I took in for repair a year ago.

Yeah, you get to hang out at the "genius" bar for three hours before they tell you they can't fix your hardware. :lol:

They couldn't even find a serial number for me of a computer I took in for repair a year ago.

Most of the over paid "professionals" are like that though. ;)

The amount someone gets paid for their tech skills is usually in inverse proportion to how good they are.

The amount someone gets paid for their tech skills is usually in inverse proportion to how good they are.
Do they make good money? That's a shame, because three hour waits are pretty stupid.

Do they make good money? That's a shame, because three hour waits are pretty stupid.

Try dealing with Qwest tech support ... it's about the same thing. I pay for an internet connection which they routinely can't get right and only one third of their tech support know anything about computers.

Forum List

Back