Windows 7 Sales Beat Mac OS X Market Share

a blog nonetheless. Having no liability is nice, yes?

Noting he's a reporter for major publications and depends on access to inside knowledge to write his articles, he has a pretty large amount of liability.

Noting he's a reporter for major publications and depends on access to inside knowledge to write his articles, he has a pretty large amount of liability.

um, not on his personal BLOG he doesn't. He could have very well made the same statements via his official publications. But...

um, not on his personal BLOG he doesn't. He could have very well made the same statements via his official publications. But...

Because it's a minor story that doesn't rise to the level of a full article in a magazine. He did make the same argument as a guest on a popular technology show though. If you'd care to listen, you can do so: The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte

twit.tv, eh? Well, i guess it's good to see that he's making the big waves. Did he hit any public access television shows too?

twit.tv, eh? Well, i guess it's good to see that he's making the big waves. Did he hit any public access television shows too?

The shows gets hundreds of thousands of listeners every week.

The real problem with MS is they don't test their shit, 90% of problems isn't operator error, its various virus and trojans run into the OS through all the gaping holes in their shit software.

Again, that's user error. If you know what not to click on or agree to, you know how to avoid those things. Your OS isn't going to stop that for you if you don't know how.
Dude, enough.

Malicious code has NOTHING to do with what you click, I lost my last PC due to a virus that put my machine in permanet boot mode, because it could no longer recoginze windows.

I hadn't 'clicked' anything.

You sould like Gates's brother or something.

Face it, MS products suck ass, but we are stuck with them because they are the most widely used.

The real problem with MS is they don't test their shit, 90% of problems isn't operator error, its various virus and trojans run into the OS through all the gaping holes in their shit software.

Again, that's user error. If you know what not to click on or agree to, you know how to avoid those things. Your OS isn't going to stop that for you if you don't know how.
Dude, enough.

Malicious code has NOTHING to do with what you click, I lost my last PC due to a virus that put my machine in permanet boot mode, because it could no longer recoginze windows.

I hadn't 'clicked' anything.

You sould like Gates's brother or something.

Face it, MS products suck ass, but we are stuck with them because they are the most widely used.

You did click something. Viruses don't just find their way onto your computer. You have to visit a site, download a program or file, or do SOMETHING for them to access your PC. They can't just magically find you. It's not Microsoft's fault you don't know how to protect yourself from viruses. Again, I've been running Windows since I first accessed the Internet, and I have never had a virus outside from usual spyware that is easily removed with free software.

You are stuck with nothing. Feel free to use Ubuntu or Mac. I promise you, neither of those are going to help you if you don't know how to protect yourself, though.

You are stuck with nothing. Feel free to use Ubuntu or Mac. I promise you, neither of those are going to help you if you don't know how to protect yourself, though.
You are now SERIOULY in the 'you don't know what the fuck you are talking about' zone.

Step back and take a deep beathe, you don't have all the answers, you have no concept of what i said or meant, and your assumption that I could use something else proves it.

Microsoft blows as both a company and a OS provider, unfortuntly AS I SAID EARLIER, most of the things I have to deal with it are designed for it so I am stuck with it.

Virus or not, my experience with Windoze users makes me glad I have a MAC. A friend this week asked my help with his XP OS when he bought a new larger HD and tried to clone his old smaller C Drive to the new one and expand the partition to the new size. It would no longer boot up. After several weekends of trying in vain, he asked my help because Best Buy, where he bought the new HD, wanted to charge him $200 to fix it. I went on line for tips and tried restoring the Master Boot Record and tried restoring the partition boot sector but neither helped.

I figured out a work around by having him boot from a CD with an image of a bootable floppy and then doing a restart. He then has all his old settings and system. But if he shuts down rather than restarts, and he then boots without the floppy image he gets a "boot disk failure" message. He's facing doing a complete install from scratch and then updating with all the service packs and loosing all his old settings if he wants to boot from the HD.

On the MAC there is a free cloning program called SuperDuper that clones your HD, expands the partition, and makes the drive bootable in one easy click of the mouse. I've used it many times on my computers and on my friends without ever having a problem.

MACs will spoil you.

Virus or not, my experience with Windoze users makes me glad I have a MAC. A friend this week asked my help with his XP OS when he bought a new larger HD and tried to clone his old smaller C Drive to the new one and expand the partition to the new size. It would no longer boot up. After several weekends of trying in vain, he asked my help because Best Buy, where he bought the new HD, wanted to charge him $200 to fix it. I went on line for tips and tried restoring the Master Boot Record and tried restoring the partition boot sector but neither helped.

I figured out a work around by having him boot from a CD with an image of a bootable floppy and then doing a restart. He then has all his old settings and system. But if he shuts down rather than restarts, and he then boots without the floppy image he gets a "boot disk failure" message. He's facing doing a complete install from scratch and then updating with all the service packs and loosing all his old settings if he wants to boot from the HD.

On the MAC there is a free cloning program called SuperDuper that clones your HD, expands the partition, and makes the drive bootable in one easy click of the mouse. I've used it many times on my computers and on my friends without ever having a problem.

MACs will spoil you.

Windows 7 has a similar feature.

Carry on.

You did click something.
WRONG.

Coders are WAY ahead of you, malicous code doesn't need your help always.

Learn it.

Live it.

accept it.

Sorry, but no. Malicious code can't find it's way to your computer without you accessing a site where the code exist. Again, it's not Microsoft's responsibility to coddle the ignorant.

most of the things I have to deal with it are designed for it so I am stuck with it.

You could still use Ubuntu. There is software that will allow you to run software designed for Windows. But again, it's not going to solve your problem.

seriously. if you mac clones REALLY think a fucking virus just leaps onto your cpu without user direction go ahead and enjoy your single button mouse and three-step wizards. Oh, and don't get too bent out of shape when you can't think of single instance where your machine got buggy AFTER you went to a pron site, installed something, or clicked an "ok" button when you shouldn't have. Jesus fucking christ, mac zombies would have you think code just magically appears like a fucking cloud over the desert.

WOW.

Smart O/S programers and SMART companies make the use of computers easy for the stupidest person on the planet.

If it is easy, understandable and usable right out of the box, it will out sell anything out there.

No one cares if geeks think it sucks. It allows them to use the internet without having to think about how to do so.

When Linux and Macintosh figure that out, they too can wear the long pants.

Forum List

Back