Windows 7 Sales Beat Mac OS X Market Share

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Windows 7 passed the 5% market share milestone last weekend, which put it, if only temporarily, above the total market share of all versions of Apple's Mac OS X, a Web measurement firm said today.

Last Saturday and Sunday, Windows 7 powered an estimated 5% and 5.14% of all computers that were online those days, according to Internet metrics vendor Net Applications. The two-day average of 5.07% was higher than the 5% of the market that Net Applications said Apple's operating system averaged for the week of Nov. 15-21.
No posting of complete articles. - KK
Windows 7 Sales Beat Mac OS X Market Share - PC World

:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I'm sure 7 will have a ton of bugs and crap that always go with an MS product.

They never make something that isn't a mess.

I invite you to go get a copy and find out for yourself.

As to this thread, it just illustrates what kind of batshit crazy nutter koder is about other OS systems when the numbers prove how laughable her crusade is. Indeed, it's articles like this which rub her nose in her previous pompous ass input.

Windows 7 is by far the best OS MicroSoft has ever pushed. As I've pointed out many times, most issues with Windows are user error. As Windows is the OS of choice that comes in every new PC, every novice user has to work with it. And novice users fuck things up, to be blunt. They click on anything and everything, fuck with things they shouldn't, and don't know what to do when things go wrong. If Mac or Linux were the default OS, you'd see the same things with those systems, because they are just as easily screwed up as Windows is. But since most people switch to those softwares because they have some higher level of technological efficiency, you hear fewer reports of problems. It's not really the OS, it's the user.

I've used Windows since I had my first PC, and I have never, not once, had a problem that I couldn't fix in a matter of seconds. My aunt and mom, however, are regularly fucking their PC's up. I promise you, if I had them switch to Ubuntu, it would not solve their problems.

The real take-a-way from this rant: you can't fix stupid.

Windows 7 is by far the best OS MicroSoft has ever pushed. As I've pointed out many times, most issues with Windows are user error. As Windows is the OS of choice that comes in every new PC, every novice user has to work with it. And novice users fuck things up, to be blunt. They click on anything and everything, fuck with things they shouldn't, and don't know what to do when things go wrong. If Mac or Linux were the default OS, you'd see the same things with those systems, because they are just as easily screwed up as Windows is. But since most people switch to those softwares because they have some higher level of technological efficiency, you hear fewer reports of problems. It's not really the OS, it's the user.

I've used Windows since I had my first PC, and I have never, not once, had a problem that I couldn't fix in a matter of seconds. My aunt and mom, however, are regularly fucking their PC's up. I promise you, if I had them switch to Ubuntu, it would not solve their problems.

true story.

Those with Windows OS's, in my opinion, are 90% most likely to keep purchasing Microsoft products, ie: win7, most are not going through another learning curve for any other operating systems, even though they are better.

Microsoft has the market share, hence more sales, the change to other OS's in lieu of MS will take many years as the "MS Generation" dies out, if at all.

Stand by for the onslaught of updates, security patches, program patches, just an endless barrage of "Chit" that they should have gotten at least 90% right in the first place.

Windows 7 is pretty sweet, never got Vista after all the Negative reviews..

So far, Win 7 hasn't given me any problems.

But again.. that's just me.

Not true!

The Mac OS makes critical files INVISIBLE so new users can't even see them to click on and screw up!!! Only users with a "higher level of technological efficiency" know how to make then visible, or even know that they are there to make visible.

Last edited:

Maybe so, but I don't think so.

The real problem with MS is they don't test their shit, 90% of problems isn't operator error, its various virus and trojans run into the OS through all the gaping holes in their shit software.

I only use it because I wouldn't be able to run litterally hundreds of things I have that were disgined for it, I would have happily left MS behind if it wasn't the most common OS but unfortunetly I have to make concessions to the market as it is.

It's pretty asinine to think that MS doesn't test their shit. hell the win7 beta was available last year for just that purpose. The masses of cpu users are not all standardized in their cpu knowledge, hardware config, surfing habits or the like. Did you also blame VCR manufacturers in the 80s when past generations were not able to set the timer on the VCR and missed a show?

Win 7 is pretty goddamn smooth. I invite you to try it out and see for yourself.

It's pretty asinine to think that MS doesn't test their shit. hell the win7 beta was available last year for just that purpose. The masses of cpu users are not all standardized in their cpu knowledge, hardware config, surfing habits or the like. Did you also blame VCR manufacturers in the 80s when past generations were not able to set the timer on the VCR and missed a show?

Win 7 is pretty goddamn smooth. I invite you to try it out and see for yourself.
They are all smooth at first Sho.

Then the pricks start taking them apart and lauching a million little exploits upon the unwashed masses.

And before you know it, MS will have a new 'oh mojave' advertising line.

They are all smooth at first Sho.

Then the pricks start taking them apart and lauching a million little exploits upon the unwashed masses.

And before you know it, MS will have a new 'oh mojave' advertising line.

uh, not really. There have been many os's that had a lot bumpier start than win7. Again, Win7 is one smooth OS. Stop relying on mac adverts and go check it out for yourself.

Not true!

The Mac OS makes critical files INVISIBLE so new users can't even see them to click on and screw up!!! Only users with a "higher level of technological efficiency" know how to make then visible, or even know that they are there to make visible.

So does Windows.

The real problem with MS is they don't test their shit, 90% of problems isn't operator error, its various virus and trojans run into the OS through all the gaping holes in their shit software.

Again, that's user error. If you know what not to click on or agree to, you know how to avoid those things. Your OS isn't going to stop that for you if you don't know how.

Again, that's user error. If you know what not to click on or agree to, you know how to avoid those things. Your OS isn't going to stop that for you if you don't know how.

That, and the big reason people write programs that exploit these holes is that Windows is the mostly widely used. If Mac or Linux had a larger user base, they'd see the same volume of attacks.

Forum List

Back