Windows 7 Mic bug/feature

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Hmmm, my mic worked last Thursday night but yesterday morning it stopped working.

The OS does not even see the damned thing. tried running driver updates and all that but since NO mic is detected at all, none of the auto updates work.

I am seriously considering taking the machine out back and shooting it repeatedly with a 12 guage.

Wont fix it but I will probably feel better.

But before I do that, anyone got any suggestions on how to make my POS, err, I mean my OS Windows 7 detect my mic?

JimB wrote: I am seriously considering taking the machine out back and shooting it repeatedly with a 12 guage.

Granny says, "Good idea...

... either dat...

... or a 30.06."
:eusa_shifty:

Hmmm, my mic worked last Thursday night but yesterday morning it stopped working.

The OS does not even see the damned thing. tried running driver updates and all that but since NO mic is detected at all, none of the auto updates work.

I am seriously considering taking the machine out back and shooting it repeatedly with a 12 guage.

But before I do that, anyone got any suggestions on how to make my POS, err, I mean my OS Windows 7 detect my mic?

I had a similar problem with my audio, it turned out that my default speakers had been changed by a program. check your Recoding tab under Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Sound and make sure your microphone is set as the default.

Grab a live CD of Linux Mint or Ubuntu. After an hour you'll understand.

Most likely a 3rd party program that is screwing up and not Windows 7. What program are you trying to use your mic in?

I was wanting to use it in an online game called DDO.

Got it working last night by plugging into my kerboard instead (wife suggested it).

Still cant get it to work from the PC itself, but as long as it is working I am about done with it.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjocdYHkws&feature=related]"Mac vs PC vs Everyone" (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Most likely a 3rd party program that is screwing up and not Windows 7. What program are you trying to use your mic in?

Got it working last night by plugging into my kerboard instead (wife suggested it).

Still cant get it to work from the PC itself, but as long as it is working I am about done with it.

So it is an USB headset... that explains a lot. USB sux sometimes. Just as you know.. there is a limit to the amount of USB stuff you can have connected to the PC.. if you reach that limit, then something will stop working..

After 2 min he will understand he cant play his game on the POS Linux system :)

So it is an USB headset... that explains a lot. USB sux sometimes. Just as you know.. there is a limit to the amount of USB stuff you can have connected to the PC.. if you reach that limit, then something will stop working..

Actually, no, it is a Razer Carcharia headset:

Razer Carcharias - Gaming Headset | Razer Online Store

There is a seperate jack for the headset and the mic.

But thank you for taking the time to helpout.

After 2 min he will understand he cant play his game on the POS Linux system :)

:D
Linux is for REAL computer work.
Windows is for games.
I have 750GB allocated to Linux and 200GB allocated to Windows, dual booted. Wanna guess which system I spend the most time on?

Forum List

Back