Windows 7 Freexe ups, require hard reboot

Nearly everything that I have read about Win7 is in 3 catagories:
1) 64 bit drivers for printers etc. that might only be a year old...with no recourse.

I run many 32-bit programs/drivers on my machine with little meaningful problems
2) Permissions/sharing issues

Yes, even after disabling UAC. Apparently, when I create and save a file, I don't own it.

After I take ownership, I must give myself permission to edit it

After I do that, I still can't delete it, so I boot a live linux USB and use that to get rid of it
In other words - nearly identical to the problems with XP when it was first released. So...in a couple years Win7 will be smooth and reliable...and then they will release Win8 and "reboot" the process all over again.

And all the world's servers (including, for a long time, Micrsoft's) will still run Linux for a reason

2) Permissions/sharing issues

Yes, even after disabling UAC. Apparently, when I create and save a file, I don't own it.

After I take ownership, I must give myself permission to edit it

After I do that, I still can't delete it, so I boot a live linux USB and use that to get rid of it

In the business world...take this problem times 10.
One of the most interesting things I have seen is that permissions in Win7 don't work the same on one box to the next, which should be impossible.
To me, this suggests that permissions are handled by multiple system programs that overlap. If this is true - the security hole that this permits is HUGE.

Windows 7 Freeze ups, require hard reboot

Ya know, now that I think about it I've had girlfriends like that.

Windoze is an OS made by idiots, for idiots.
Yes. I realize that Bill Gates is rich.
So are Lady GagGag, Okrah, David Letterberg and Snookie. Entertainment by idiots, for idiots.

Forum List

Back