Windows 10

The other thing I would do if I was Apple is write drivers for all PC equipment to work on OS X and sell the operating system to manufacturers and end users alike so that people can buy/load "budget Macs".

I am using Windows 8 for a whole while now and I come into contact with elements of the modern UI very, very rarely. I use it as if it is Windows 7 plus I have the ribbon explorer, faster system boot and an even better start menu. I even have Aero glass.

Well maybe that is why Balmer is finally gone.
Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I just never understood how he kept his job for so long with all of the colossal bad calls and misdirections, and hated by practically everyone within the company. Like I have said before, it wasn't just Steve Jobs that propelled Apple above M$ - it was pretty easy to do with Balmer bumbling everything and releasing terrible products.
Who knows maybe Nadella will not be such a dorftrottel.
I just have to give kudos to anyone who uses dorftrottel in a sentence. llolololol

l miss windows XP.
No annoying update force there :D
Sadly, yes. No more anything. But up to till January, that was my operating system, it worked with everything, new or old peripherals and any program I installed. Windows 10? I want XP back!

In my book, on the business side Windows 2000 was the best.
Tough as nails, rarely crashed...the one M$ OS that reminds me of a *nix system. Everything just worked, simple, and just worked.
Home use, yes XP after a few years matured into a solid OS. And Windows 7 is decent as well. WIndows 8? - Trash.
If you have the drivers, XP x64 is very good. In contrast to normal XP it is based on 2003.
Win8 isn´t trash but a fast system that just needs some customization.

Oh Win8 under the hood might be a corvette, but on the outside it is a corsair.
The GUI is so bad that how good the system is hardly matters.
Win10 is the right thing to do. Get rid of the Godawful mess of 8 and start over.
I have seen the previews of 10, and it looks like a better direction.
Having said that, I have not seen whether programs take over your whole screen like 8 did or not - which I absolutely hated.

I posted an image of the new desktop somewhere - don't remember where.

If I was Apple I'd drop my prices by at least a quarter, probably more, make sure all window applications will run on OS X and blitz market my product as the only viable alternative to Windows. I'd be willing to bet Microsoft's market share would drop by half virtually overnight.

It has been ripe for it for a long time.
Windows has needed to be taken down for at least 10 years now. It is a crying shame the most unimaginative and un-inovative company in the computer industry has 90%+ marketshare. They don't deserve it. Regurgitation has been their business plan for 20 years.
The last really positive thing M$ did was make Windows 2000 for business and XP for home use....15 years ago. :eusa_eh:
Windows 7 wasn't anything really different, mostly under the hood and better security (finally). Windows 8 is THE greatest "new Coke" moment in computer history - hands down. Just another colossal Balmer moment. What an idiot.

If I was Apple I'd drop my prices by at least a quarter, probably more, make sure all window applications will run on OS X and blitz market my product as the only viable alternative to Windows. I'd be willing to bet Microsoft's market share would drop by half virtually overnight.

It has been ripe for it for a long time.
Windows has needed to be taken down for at least 10 years now. It is a crying shame the most unimaginative and un-inovative company in the computer industry has 90%+ marketshare. They don't deserve it. Regurgitation has been their business plan for 20 years.
The last really positive thing M$ did was make Windows 2000 for business and XP for home use....15 years ago. :eusa_eh:
Windows 7 wasn't anything really different, mostly under the hood and better security (finally). Windows 8 is THE greatest "new Coke" moment in computer history - hands down. Just another colossal Balmer moment. What an idiot.
It is good for the user. Imagine, you would need several operating systems for your software. Windows does not have to be innovative, it has to do its job. Windows 8´s Modern UI is the result when an operating systems tries to be innovative.

Windows 10: five key features

Microsoft's Windows 10 begins rolling out on 29 July. In this video, Sophie Curtis takes a look at its key features @ Video Windows 10 five key features - Telegraph
Yup, I'll be keeping my Win 7 until time for a new computer. By then Hackentosh aught to be much more usable on PCs........ :eusa_whistle:
The key to a Hackentosh is to build the desktop computer yourself. That way you can use all Mac compatible parts. Laptops are a different matter, HP Probooks and EliteBooks are the most compatible. I made a ProBook 6460b into a Hackintosh and the only part I had to replace was the WiFi card which cost me less than $10 shipped on eBay.

Microsoft's Windows 10 begins rolling out on 29 July. In this video, Sophie Curtis takes a look at its key features @ Video Windows 10 five key features - Telegraph
Yup, I'll be keeping my Win 7 until time for a new computer. By then Hackentosh aught to be much more usable on PCs........ :eusa_whistle:
The key to a Hackentosh is to build the desktop computer yourself. That way you can use all Mac compatible parts. Laptops are a different matter, HP Probooks and EliteBooks are the most compatible. I made a ProBook 6460b into a Hackintosh and the only part I had to replace was the WiFi card which cost me less than $10 shipped on eBay.
I do have 3 (new) USB WiFi plugins, the one's I bought are compatible with every OS.

I do have 3 (new) USB WiFi plugins, the one's I bought are compatible with every OS.
I was talking about the internal WiFi card. I like to conserve my USB ports and I try to avoid using WiFi or mouse dongles and use the internal Bluetooth and WiFi cards to keep the ports open for other devices.

I was talking about the internal WiFi card. I like to conserve my USB ports and I try to avoid using WiFi or mouse dongles and use the internal Bluetooth and WiFi cards to keep the ports open for other devices.
Generally I do too but if I have 3 or more ports I'm fine besides, I use the 17" and bigger laptops and even then I have to occasionally wear my reading glasses....... :D

Forum List

Back