Windows 10 will pack full-screen start menu, tablet mode

Not the best video card. It came with the system and when I was looking to upgrade it, there were none that would fit it...I can't rememver if its a PCI slot or PCI3X16 or even an AGP slot. LOL....All I know is when I looked it up, no one carried it and I think I was forced to decide on tigerdirect to purchase one. But the system IS old and not worth the money for a video card upgrade. I do remember some talk about Fedora about 8 years ago....The conversation was positive. I wasn't aware it was RedHats free version. What about FreeBSD?
I've tried a bunch of distros but stick with the more popular ones, debian and Debian offshoots. The Mint team regularly updates, the Debian team, not so much.

You don't need a powerhouse video card, you just need to make you use the best driver. There's a driver manager and you can check there.

You guys are so far over my head with your tech talk that I'm not even trying to decipher it! :420:

Not the best video card. It came with the system and when I was looking to upgrade it, there were none that would fit it...I can't rememver if its a PCI slot or PCI3X16 or even an AGP slot. LOL....All I know is when I looked it up, no one carried it and I think I was forced to decide on tigerdirect to purchase one. But the system IS old and not worth the money for a video card upgrade. I do remember some talk about Fedora about 8 years ago....The conversation was positive. I wasn't aware it was RedHats free version. What about FreeBSD?
I've tried a bunch of distros but stick with the more popular ones, debian and Debian offshoots. The Mint team regularly updates, the Debian team, not so much.

You don't need a powerhouse video card, you just need to make you use the best driver. There's a driver manager and you can check there.
Okay...well, the video I get isn't too bad. I"m more concerned with making it into a web server anyway so I can simulate a web envoirment on My home network. I didn't even use a GUI on the linux when I was using it as a web server so the video is just a plus anyway.

windows10start-2-640x0.jpg

Seems to look a bit better than Win8 start menu.

Read more: Windows 10 Will Have a Full-Screen Start Menu Digital Trends

Windows 10 isn’t just a step back to the desktop, it’s a step up @ Windows 10 isn t just a step back to the desktop it s a step up Fox News

Or you could just say "Metro."

LOL

There was never a chance MS would dump Metro, it is the foundation of gesture computing, which is the up and coming thing.

Forum List

Back