Windows 10. Why would the visual and sound shut down, like sleep mode

Yeah, I do. It is called Enterprise. I started with the 2015 version.
Features:
- No Edge
- No Cortana
- No Store/Apps

Okay, well that might work for OP. Cool!
Maybe but it is not accessible for users, normally...
It'll be aight. I can't link to the super secret squirrel Win7 download. By Faster n friends. :rolleyes:

It has all the bullshit cut out of it.
Do you also remove the apps, store and cloud manually?

I do anything I want to. :)
Last I tested was an Education version (1803) and it was a lot of work to create an image without all this apps, ect. It was still freezing on my machine so I went back to 8.

If OP is fairly savvy, he may find a DL to a legal Win7 here:
I still have a vendor copy of windows 7. Upgrade to 10 is free. Voila, latest windows for whatever system needs it. Good for reformatting hard drives riddled with crap. The windows 7 code works with 10.

How to Download Windows 7 the Legal Way
Your efforts to avoid windows 10 will prove fruitless. Upgrade to 10 now and give up trying to avoid the inevitable.

Just kidding I hate10 too.

I have many versions of 7 and a couple of 10..10 is taking up space on my hard drive.

If OP is fairly savvy, he may find a DL to a legal Win7 here:

How to Download Windows 7 the Legal Way
Your efforts to avoid windows 10 will prove fruitless. Upgrade to 10 now and give up trying to avoid the inevitable.

Just kidding I hate10 too.
billgatesborg-300x225.gif

Number of discovered security risks (2017) by OS:

Sicherheitsrisiko-Betriebssystem-1516034532-0-12.jpg
That's why I use Norton.
I think I just figured out your computer problem........

Also why do you pay an annual subscription for an antivirus that is a resource hog when you could get one that is lighter on your computer's resources, just as good as Norton and free? Kaspersky and BitDefender free versions are the top rated two.

Last edited:

That's why I use Norton.

Also why do you pay an annual subscription for an antivirus that is a resource hog when you could get one that is lighter on your computer's resources, just as good as Norton and free? Kaspersky and BitDefender free versions are the top rated two.
Never heard of them so I won't trust them.

That's why I use Norton.

Your choice, just offering. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they're not huge in the antivirus market.

Ugh...I must chime in.
Surely you are aware that for at least the past 30 years, the largest market share holder, i.e. - "most well known" companies are in no way meaning they are the best in the market. In fact, most likely they are not.
Large corporations since the 80's have gained marketshare by buying customers, swallowing up competitors.
Norton Anti-Virus is, by definition, a form of malware itself. It is an enormous resource hog, difficult to get rid of, and hides pieces of itself into other programs that you install unknowingly.
Malware.

Forum List

Back