Windows 10 Technical Preview

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
The Windows 10 Technical Preview is available. Yes, its name is Windows 10. Microsoft dislikes the number 9, I guess. If you don´t know what you are doing, your PC will probably end up with a corrupted Operating System.
If you don´t want to burn it on a DVD and want to use an USB thumb instead, do this:
Open cmd, then do this:

diskpart
list disk
select disk (- detail disk for check)
clean
create partition primary
active
format fs=fat32 label=Windows quick
assign

Then copy the content of the downloaded iso file to the stick and boot from it once. If you have no clue how to work with iso files, just double click it if you use Windows 8/8.1 or use a virtual drive like Deamon Tools. You can also open an iso with 7-Zip.

Direct download: Windows 10 Technical Preview x64 English
Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

You can also go here, sign in or create an account to choose between 32 and 64 bit Windows, English, Chinese, Portuguese.
Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
Note that this version is an early release for companies. You may try it though, but note that Windows 10 can change even basically until its final release in 2015. Note that this is not a final edition, can have bugs, compatibility issues, etc.

Last edited:
Windows 10??? Why that name?
jwkbfsak.jpg

The direct link above isn´t working though I testet it after logging off from Microsoft...

However, here are first impressions.
Beside the slightly changed design - windows have very thin borders now e.g., the only new things I could discover instantly were the changes in the ribbon menu of the explorer, the Task view in the task bar, which allows to create several desktops and the startmenu. The startmenu is a combination of the start screen and the startmenu. You can choose, what you want to use:
mkggs9ld.jpg

I miss the "add to startmenu" option in the context menu, but you can add to start which adds a tile at the menu´s right. You can drag and drop that tile to the left to get a normal entry. Then you can delete the tile. I am not using tiles as normal entries are totally sufficient to me. You also can drag and drop files and folders to the startmenu button to achieve your goal. Nice! The context menu of the lower left corner now offers a normal option to restart, sign out and shut down while the start menu itself offers only the restart and shut down options. You aren´t harassed by Charm Bar, etc anymore.

hw2goshh.jpg

I don´t know if this makes sense! You cannot change the Windows Update settings though you are an adminstrator. Using the info link leads to the support window which - in that case - has nothing to offer and even crashes.
q8i7dd6i.jpg

In Windows 10, you can create multiple desktops:
fhll63z7.jpg

The Windows Media player does not play DVDs or Blu Rays since Windows 8. That hasn´t changed in Windows 10, so you need a third party tool for that!

Command prompt now pastes copied commands automatically. You will be asked, how you like the new cmd.

Currently, signing out can cause a system halt.

I already miss the beauty of my Windows 8.1.
xiutl4ks.jpg

Last edited:
"In Windows 10 you can create multiple Desktops".....hahahahhaaa...like this is something new.
I have used multi-desktops for roughly 5 years at least with Compiz/Linux

"In Windows 10 you can create multiple Desktops".....hahahahhaaa...like this is something new.
Must be an overwhelming great experience!

Not as great as a comfy pair of shoes.

I knew an old lady once, who wore her shoes two sizes too small. I asked her why she did that, and she replied that the only pleasure she had in her life was how good it felt when she took them off.

Must be an overwhelming great experience!

Not as great as a comfy pair of shoes.

I knew an old lady once, who wore her shoes two sizes too small. I asked her why she did that, and she replied that the only pleasure she had in her life was how good it felt when she took them off.
She should try the Windows 10 Preview then.

Btw: One million users sent over 200.000 bug reports to Microsoft already. The report doesn´t mention how many bugs have been reported several times.

Forum List

Back