Windows 10 is

Why don´t you post your question in the startisback++ thread? The thread is old but still busy. Why don´t you believe the developer´s claim but when it is on some other page you do? I can only tell you that when I checked it out the option to disable was there. And you really get worked over this. You could have tested the option a thousand times.
You tested it yet you claim not to have Cortana........ That's interesting......... How would I have tested it if I don't have Startisback (which I don't want and doesn't work for me unless I buy it). :dunno:
I tested it because of the start menu. I don´t have a Cortana issue as my Windows version doesn´t have Cortana. And sib has a 30 days trial, so you can test it.
You can't test it without Cortana, unless you have superhuman powers none of the rest of us do as for the 30 day trail, yeah I know about that......... used it up over a year ago........
You tested it yet you claim not to have Cortana........ That's interesting......... How would I have tested it if I don't have Startisback (which I don't want and doesn't work for me unless I buy it). :dunno:
I tested it because of the start menu. I don´t have a Cortana issue as my Windows version doesn´t have Cortana. And sib has a 30 days trial, so you can test it.
You can't test it without Cortana, unless you have superhuman powers none of the rest of us do as for the 30 day trail, yeah I know about that......... used it up over a year ago........
Yes I can. Primarily, it is a start menu replacing tool. I am going to test the new version now together with aero glass. As for the 30 days trial, try out the download above.
You do realize that Cortana is much more than a 'start menu'....... right?
Do you see the entry that includes SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost? SearchUI is Cortana and ShellExperienceHost is the Windows 10 start menu. If the box is checked, both and related processes won´t be loaded on startup.

9kb82nlv.jpg
I know this is from a while ago but last year I finally added Startisback to my wife's Win 10 laptop and went ahead and reinstalled Win 10 on my gamer then added Startisback...... No options for disabling Cortana and Cortana was running in Task Manager no matter what I did. I finally tried Windows Tweaker (which you linked and I already knew about) and that did the trick. So it was Tweaker, not Startisback that disabled Cortana.

Yes I can. Primarily, it is a start menu replacing tool. I am going to test the new version now together with aero glass. As for the 30 days trial, try out the download above.
Do you see the entry that includes SearchUI and ShellExperienceHost? SearchUI is Cortana and ShellExperienceHost is the Windows 10 start menu. If the box is checked, both and related processes won´t be loaded on startup.
I know this is from a while ago but last year I finally added Startisback to my wife's Win 10 laptop and went ahead and reinstalled Win 10 on my gamer then added Startisback...... No options for disabling Cortana and Cortana was running in Task Manager no matter what I did. I finally tried Windows Tweaker (which you linked and I already knew about) and that did the trick. So it was Tweaker, not Startisback that disabled Cortana.

Still using Tweaker on the wifes laptop... you just have to recheck it fairly often. Updates turn Cortana back on. It still shows up in TaskManager, but will have 0 MB of use.

9kb82nlv.jpg
Maybe, I don´t know. I have been using versions of Windows 10 that are shipped without Cortana, only. So that has never been my problem.
And it is also possible that, in addition to what iamwhatiseem said, MS is disabling such workarounds with updates so you have to wait for new versions of startisback. One reason why Classic Shell is no longer in development.

9kb82nlv.jpg
Maybe, I don´t know. I have been using versions of Windows 10 that are shipped without Cortana, only. So that has never been my problem.
And it is also possible that, in addition to what iamwhatiseem said, MS is disabling such workarounds with updates so you have to wait for new versions of startisback. One reason why Classic Shell is no longer in development.
It's definitely Tweaker that does it. As for M$ disabling work arounds, that's what this thread was originally all about..........

9kb82nlv.jpg
It's definitely Tweaker that does it. As for M$ disabling work arounds, that's what this thread was originally all about..........
Using this OS against advice and common sense is the actual issue here. But I understand that it would not be easy to convince your beloved one.

9kb82nlv.jpg
Using this OS against advice and common sense is the actual issue here. But I understand that it would not be easy to convince your beloved one.
I must have missed this...... How does your statement make any sense in the context of this thread? :dunno:

9kb82nlv.jpg
I must have missed this...... How does your statement make any sense in the context of this thread? :dunno:
:2cents:

Still not sure what your point was. :dunno:

Not all people are affiliated to computers ect and they just use them, and workarounds, particularly when they have to be redone with every major update, would unnerve them more than Windows 10 could do.
For those, our behavior might look silly and childish.

Not all people are affiliated to computers ect and they just use them, and workarounds, particularly when they have to be redone with every major update, would unnerve them more than Windows 10 could do.

So were supposed to be ignorant like everyone else?

No, that was not my point. I would just leave the wife´s computer as it is...

That's why the wife has me do everything with the computer. Oh and she has standing instructions NOT to click on pop-ups, etc without first letting me look at it, she's really good about that. :thup:

Then I would have to listen to her bitch about Windows 10.......... I gave her what she wanted, Windows 10 looking and feeling like Windows 7, she's happy.

Then I would have to listen to her bitch about Windows 10.......... I gave her what she wanted, Windows 10 looking and feeling like Windows 7, she's happy.

Exactly... same here. Mine doesn't know how to do all of the "under the hood stuff" and leaves it up to me.
I have friends and relatives that bring me there laptops to do the same thing.

If that´s what se wants...
I just wouldn´t impose my perfection fanaticism on her computer :D

If that´s what se wants...
I just wouldn´t impose my perfection fanaticism on her computer :D
True, that's for me to do........

Forum List

Back