Windows 10 - Duel booters beware.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This is dumb. It is all very early, but it is something that dual booters need to be aware of.
Microsoft, which has historically required OSM's to provide consumers the ability to disable secure boot, is removing that requirement.
It will be left up to the manufacturer. As anyone still reading this knows, this removes the ability to dual boot or change your OS.

Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality Ars Technica

Just reading more on this, apparently it will also make it impossible to upgrade hardware unless bought from original manufacturer. I was looking for the angle, I think this is it.

At the time of release the author stated they are still waiting for a confirmation response from Microsoft. M$ played this game with Windows 8 and eventually backed down, let's see if it happens again.

Recall my WFW days booting into DOS and having to type 'win'
That's a simple batch file.

I remember this when Win 8 came out but didn't follow it since my buying Microshit days are over. They want to do it because they can't compete. If memory serves they were trying to get the hardware people (Intel?) to make it firmware.

I build my own computers and upgrade my hardware anytime I feel like it. Bill Gates supports Obama, who wants to be a dictator, so it looks like Gates wants to make his OS just like the administration.

Forum List

Back