okay so, to be brief-

central valley farming -Out- delta smelt
wind machines - out- chops up birds...
solar power- out- transmission lines destroys lizard habitat
shale exploration- out- destroys lizard habitat
nuclear power-out- leaves behind waste
fossil fuels-out- take your pick

did I miss anything?

Look how little faith these people have that they can be retrofitted to change this. Some only see problems and no solutions
Retrofitted? RETROFITTED? How the fuck do you "retrofit" a giant spinning propeller to not chop up birds? :confused:

I have a solution: Get RID of them and the subsidies that go along with them!

Like I said.

You guys have no fucking clue about innovation.

and you have yet to make a cogent point, but please don't break your streak on my account.

C'mon........windmills are gay

windmill-2.jpg

Retrofitted? RETROFITTED? How the fuck do you "retrofit" a giant spinning propeller to not chop up birds? :confused:

Like I said.

Clue #1: Innovation doesn't come from gov't subsidies.

You mean that there were no innovations from the government subsidized programs such as the Manhatten Project? No innovations at the Skunk Works?

Your silly ideology is getting in the way of rational thought there, old boy.

okay so, to be brief-

did I miss anything?

Perhaps actually thinking?

Look how little faith these people have that they can be retrofitted to change this. Some only see problems and no solutions

Like I said.

No, they do not. They wish to see everything fail but fossil fuels. It is somehow an ideological point that we must burn coal and oil.

The blades could quite easily be fitted with a noise device, one that has wavelenghts above human hearing, that would warn off the raptors, regular birds, and bats. An engineering problem, nothing more.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtgBWNKwBkE&feature=player_detailpage"]Birds and Wind Turbines[/ame]

Last edited:

Like I said.

No, they do not. They wish to see everything fail but fossil fuels. It is somehow an ideological point that we must burn coal and oil.

The blades could quite easily be fitted with a noise device, one that has wavelenghts above human hearing, that would warn off the raptors, regular birds, and bats. An engineering problem, nothing more.
And reindeer too.

santa.jpg

okay so, to be brief-

did I miss anything?

Wheels. Wheels are out because we are able to move too fast when we use them. We will have to rely on a ropes, slaves and and rickshaws from now on..

Fossil fuels butter my bread, and nothing like this could be farther from da troot.
Maybe I'm an exception.

We've got 10 million barrels/day of imports to erase. Bring it on. But NOT at the expense of the domestic oil and gas industries.

Like I said.

Unfortunately, the most cost effective, cleanest and available source of energy continues to be derived from petroleum and coal. I don't see the point of using sources of energy that make no sense and are heinously expensive, when we have sources that can provide us with money, jobs, and cheap energy available to us.

Well, Babbel, the wind turbines cost less per watt produced than even dirty coal now. And certainly, far less than 'clean coal'. Soon that will be said of solar.

Bullshit, liar.

turbine9.jpg

PS...link it and provide the numbers, dipwad. I wait breathlessly.....be sure to note subsidies...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCs7ZQDKoM]YouTube - ‪Danish Windturbine colapses in storm‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLh5pGX3qQ&NR=1]YouTube - ‪wind turbines accidents‬‏[/ame]

Fossil fuels butter my bread, and nothing like this could be farther from da troot.
Maybe I'm an exception.

We've got 10 million barrels/day of imports to erase. Bring it on. But NOT at the expense of the domestic oil and gas industries.

True. I have not seen that attitude in your posts. And the domestic oil industry will not be shut down if we completely switch to electrical and bio-fuels for transportation. Petroleum is a major feedstock for manufacturing materials and will continue to be. Natural gas, where the recovery of it does not damage aquifers, will continue. It too has many other uses rather than just as fuel for electrical generators.

And many of those drill rigs now used for oil will be used for deep geothermal wells. Yes, some will lose, and some will gain. But we are all going to lose for a while, because of the effect of the present GHGs, and the longer we put off addressing the effects, the worse the effects will be. With a 30 to 50 year lag.

Now we use a lot of natural gas where I work, and all of us in maintenance had to watch a video concerning explosions where natural gas was used. Usually happens during the commissioning of the plant, or during maintenance.

CT Gas Power Plant Explosion Reminds Fossil Fuels are Deadly « It’s Getting Hot In Here

CT Gas Power Plant Explosion Reminds Fossil Fuels are Deadly
Published by Caroline Howe, February 7th, 2010 Dirty Energy , global warming , Natural Gas , North East , Reporting Team 25 Comments

Area fire and ambulance crews arrive near the scene in Middletown, Conn., Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010. Multiple people have died in an explosion at a power plant in Connecticut and an unknown number of people are injured. (AP Photo/Richard Messina, Hartford Courant)
This morning, at 11:30 am, Middletown’s Kleen Energy Power Plant suffered a major explosion, believed to be when a gas line caught fire during testing. Friends who work at the plant said that there were 50 – 100 construction workers, engineers, and plant managers who were inside. As of 12 pm, Middletown firefighters had only found 9 individuals. Since then, five* have been reported dead, with casualties and injuries expected to be many more. Firefighters from around the state came into the plant, with Hartford and Boston’s search-and-rescue teams both coming to Middletown to help clear the wreckage and free workers still stuck inside.

Still waiting for the evidence that air and solar energy is cheaper and more effective. Please hurry, it's getting late and I need to pick out a movie....

Forum List

Back