Wind energy fails

Discussion in 'Energy' started by mdn2000, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Yes thats right, Wind as a source of energy is a failure.

Just the area of land needed makes it physically impossible, yet the idiots do not grasp that fact.

If 20% of our nations electricity is supplied by wind turbines that means 20% of our power will be the amount that is unreliable, intermittent, unpredictable. If I can think of this than those who promote wind energy know this (I am overly generous). We must assume everyone who promotes wind energy (as well as green energy) finds it acceptable that we can have a 20% shortage of power during a crucial emergency or national disaster. A national emergency could be a state of war on a scale much larger than the current wars.

Destroying biodiversity (The greatest threat to species is not modern technology -- but environmentalists) by Paul Driessen | Climate Realists

2. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    As documented in court, wind fails to produce minimum amount of energy that the engineers thought they could provide. So sure of the output the experts had lawyers and contracts to make everything legally sound. I guess the only hot air blowing was coming from wind farm.

Texas Court of Appeals Hands Down Decision in Important Wind Curtailment Case : Renewable + Law

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Here's an interesting article. I heard this guy speak a couple off weeks ago. He stressed "Remember- it's all about economics!".

Isn’t wind power supposed to be cheap?

Scroll to page 16f.

"...wind power is essentially a money loser..."

4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,310
  5. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I was unaware anyone was seriously arguing that a nation could depend on wind power alone.

Have you been out on the Yellow Brick Road with the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion? How is the Wizard doing these days?

Is your name still Dorothy, or has it been changed to reflect your impending reconstruction surgery?

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    It's a PDF, amost 3 megs. I guess I could cut/paste the whole story- it's not that lengthy.

Wind's contribution to the overall energy supply to the U.S. will never amount to more than a spit in the bucket. IEA continually states that coal, oil, and natural gas will be our dominant sources to 2035 and beyond. Build away. As long as it's not carbon-based it's got to be good.

7. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    as documented in the great state of California...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that is what it looks like out in the desert out here. somebody is making an awful lot of money and others are getting electricity from these things.

maybe it's all 'for the birds"?

8. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Has anyone given thought to the energy these things rob from the environment? What role does the wind play in the big eco-scheme of things? Negligible as it may be at present, imagine the impact on wind currents and storm systems if these things are built by the thousands.

9. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Yea, I have been out on the Yellow Brick road Mr. Strawman (scarecrow).

There is a thread here in "Energy" that states exactly what you are unaware of. That said Wind energy is not even providing the energy advertised, not even close, I was unaware its sound energy policy to literally throw money into the wind.

10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    The top picture is old, those are being torn down and thrown in the garbage. Where is your picture of the fossil fuel back-up. Also provide the amount of kwh this wind farm uses, that is correct, how much power does this wind farm consume. Or how about the name of a place. How about the amount of energy it produces in kwh. I know fancy pictures are real cool to look at but just because you see a picture does not mean they work, and as we can see none of these are spinning.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010