Wimpiest songs ever made

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
What do you think are the wimpiest songs ever made? Post your choices here

My top four are:

1. Kumbaya
2. The "Barney" Song
3. The intro to "Mr Rogers' Neighborhood"
4. "Feelings" (if you weren't around in the 1970s, you were lucky enough to be spared this piece of sappy drivel)

fuzzykitten99 said:
now...all 70's music, with a few exceptions, is weak/wimpy. Who wants to listen to guys sing like they got kicked in the nuts?
Entirely unfounded and untrue.

I don't know what it's called, but that "loving you is easy cuz you're beautiful" song is pretty wussed out. Anything by James Taylor or The Carpenters counts as well.

And I take offense to your comment about 70s music, Fuzzy. I would say that was the last time that the majority of popular rock musicians were actually interested in making good music, rather than looking cool or making money.

fuzzykitten99 said:
hey, i like some of their songs.

now...all 70's music, with a few exceptions, is weak/wimpy. Who wants to listen to guys sing like they got kicked in the nuts?

I beg to differ. Some of the greatest music ever written came out of the '70s.

Most Faith Hill songs are pretty wussy, execpt for Fireflys. That freakin song makes me cry almost every darn time I hear the blasted thing!

The ClayTaurus said:
Nice to know I'm not alone. The 70's gave us George Clinton! :thup:

Funk is for homos, homo. Sad but true. :laugh:

Now if you'll excuse moi, I have to watch the rest of the Beach Combers. It's the one where Jessie and the gang sign up for the volunteer fireman relay.

Said1 said:
Funk is for homos, homo. Sad but true. :laugh:

Now if you'll excuse moi, I have to watch the rest of the Beach Combers. It's the one where Jessie and the gang sign up for the volunteer fireman relay.
Nono. Disco is for homos.

Ok, I googled. I have no idea who George what'shisname is.

You've heard his music before, I'm sure. Pretty much any old-skool 70s funk you hear these days is either Isaac Hayes or George Clinton. You'd probably recognize him, too. Check it out....

george-clinton.jpg

He was the guy at the end of PCU, if you've ever seen that.

Dan said:
You've heard his music before, I'm sure. Pretty much any old-skool 70s funk you hear these days is either Isaac Hayes or George Clinton. You'd probably recognize him, too. Check it out....

george-clinton.jpg

He was the guy at the end of PCU, if you've ever seen that.
Well funk you very much too!

Forum List

Back