Wimbledon Men's..

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Djokovic feeling confident for Wimbledon defense

WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -- The question drew a chuckle from Novak Djokovic.

Could the prestigious Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, officially called simply The Championships, be thought of as a dress rehearsal this year?

After all, the tennis portion of the London Olympics will be held on the same grass courts at the All England Club, starting July 28, three weeks following the end of Wimbledon.

"I don't believe that Wimbledon can be rehearsal for anything,'' Djokovic said Sunday, gently tapping his fingers on the desk in front of him. "It's (the) most respected, most well-known, most valuable tennis tournament in the world. This is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of our sport. Of course, Olympic Games are something (beyond) comparison with any other tournaments.''

Read more: Novak Djokovic feeling confident for Wimbledon defense - Tennis - SI.com

This rock star from Serbia of all places is one good reason to tune into Wimbledon. Ranked number 1, exciting and fun to watch, he'll make things interesting..

Could the prestigious Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, officially called simply The Championships, be thought of as a dress rehearsal this year?

After all, the tennis portion of the London Olympics will be held on the same grass courts at the All England Club, starting July 28, three weeks following the end of Wimbledon.

"I don't believe that Wimbledon can be rehearsal for anything,'' Djokovic said Sunday, gently tapping his fingers on the desk in front of him. "It's (the) most respected, most well-known, most valuable tennis tournament in the world. This is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of our sport. Of course, Olympic Games are something (beyond) comparison with any other tournaments.''

Read more: Novak Djokovic feeling confident for Wimbledon defense - Tennis - SI.com

This rock star from Serbia of all places is one good reason to tune into Wimbledon. Ranked number 1, exciting and fun to watch, he'll make things interesting..

I'd like Nadal's chances in a 5 set match (that's Wimbledon) if he's healthy.

I'll take Federer in a 3 set match (that's the Olympics). I would consider Fed to be on a mission to win this year's gold that is unlike any mission he has ever been on. He'll be very hard to beat. Expect to see him contesting every return and diving for balls and that kind of thing.

I'd like Nadal's chances in a 5 set match (that's Wimbledon) if he's healthy.

I'll take Federer in a 3 set match (that's the Olympics). I would consider Fed to be on a mission to win this year's gold that is unlike any mission he has ever been on. He'll be very hard to beat. Expect to see him contesting every return and diving for balls and that kind of thing.

I do like Federer too. Novak is so interesting to watch though.

I do like Federer too. Novak is so interesting to watch though.

Not really. Some players, for whatever reason, win or lose, are just fun to watch. I'm talking your Roddicks, your Murrays, your Baghdatises, your Tomics.

Nole? Meh.... he's okay.

Fed is butt-boring to watch. All he does is win.

Forum List

Back