Willie Nelson

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Is there a cooler dude on the planet ?

Ive been listening to a lot of his stuff in the car this week. Superb.

Is there a Willie Nelson day in the US ?

Yes, there is a Willie Nelson day in the US.

This year it was April 17, also known as tax day.

In case you're unaware, he was also slapped with a several million dollar bill (I want to say 30M) by the IRS due to non-payment of his taxes, which he likely forgot to pay because he's stoned to the bone all the time.

So he's a famously perpetually stoned (to the point that other musicians have mentioned it in songs "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again") tax dodger....but I'll agree he puts out some great stuff....

Find the rhyme in the lyrics of "Moonlight In Vermont".

Willie could....but only under certain circumstances.

That one's kind of a haiku sensibility.... somewhere between there and an Annie Proulx novel, where verbs cost extra.

Yes, there is a Willie Nelson day in the US.

This year it was April 17, also known as tax day.

In case you're unaware, he was also slapped with a several million dollar bill (I want to say 30M) by the IRS due to non-payment of his taxes, which he likely forgot to pay because he's stoned to the bone all the time.

So he's a famously perpetually stoned (to the point that other musicians have mentioned it in songs "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again") tax dodger....but I'll agree he puts out some great stuff....

Taxes are for little people. He cant be expected to deal with that when there is so much going on in his head.

Forum List

Back