William Jefferson Clinton- The Next UN Secretary General?

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/01/clinton.tsunami/index.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-21billclinton,0,5742289.story

But here's the best part; Kofi Annan has also awarded Clinton the position of negotiating treaties with the AU, the African Union. Its official, Bill Clinton is being groomed to become the next UN Secretary General. This is getting better and better all the time!

The conservatives have no one to blame but themselves; to encourage Bush to "bumrush" Iraq without international support, was without a doubt, a declaration of war against the UN. They had to strike back, so they are firing a bullet right back, or shall we call it a "Bill-ett".

So let's summarize everyone's attitude towards conservative america...

The EU, using the Euro :whip:

The UN's message, in this appointment of Bill Clinton :slap:

America's opinion as best described by Bush's job approval rating :finger:

America and the world has spoken. Allow Bush and the conservatives, to finish making their messes, then make sure we have as many political mops and brooms necessary to clean it up in 2008.

Bill Clinton will be an outstanding UN secretary general. He will stand up against US policies when necessary, his charisma will definitely serve well in treaty negotiations; and dog-gone-it, the world leaders simply love him!

The very idea that in 2008, the US STILL remains in Republican control only to have to answer to Bill Clinton? :rotflmao: PRICELESS!!!

I like Kofi's attitude in his comments concerning this appointment... An attitude that pretty much says...

If not Bill Clinton, who?

hylandrdet said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/01/clinton.tsunami/index.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-21billclinton,0,5742289.story

But here's the best part; Kofi Annan has also awarded Clinton the position of negotiating treaties with the AU, the African Union. Its official, Bill Clinton is being groomed to become the next UN Secretary General. This is getting better and better all the time!

The conservatives have no one to blame but themselves; to encourage Bush to "bumrush" Iraq without international support, was without a doubt, a declaration of war against the UN. They had to strike back, so they are firing a bullet right back, or shall we call it a "Bill-ett".

So let's summarize everyone's attitude towards conservative america...

The EU, using the Euro :whip:

The UN's message, in this appointment of Bill Clinton :slap:

America's opinion as best described by Bush's job approval rating :finger:

America and the world has spoken. Allow Bush and the conservatives, to finish making their messes, then make sure we have as many political mops and brooms necessary to clean it up in 2008.

Bill Clinton will be an outstanding UN secretary general. He will stand up against US policies when necessary, his charisma will definitely serve well in treaty negotiations; and dog-gone-it, the world leaders simply love him!

The very idea that in 2008, the US STILL remains in Republican control only to have to answer to Bill Clinton? :rotflmao: PRICELESS!!!

I like Kofi's attitude in his comments concerning this appointment... An attitude that pretty much says...

If not Bill Clinton, who?
Answer to Bill Clinton??? says who???

Actually I see nothing wrong with putting a person like Clinton as the head of the UN...A useless and ineffective leader for a useless and ineffective organization....

Aside from the statement of Clinton as a useless and ineffective leader, I love the post. Clinton would make a fantastic secratary general and could help in repairing the damaged US reputation abroad.

hylandrdet said:

Uhhh, explain something to me, why would we have to answer to Billybob even if he were UN Sec Gen? We don't listen to the UN SecGen now and we never will.

You are a frigg'n idiot.

Unfortunately for some, there is a process of approval involved in who becomes UN Secretary General.

Clinton's had his power-hungry eye on the UN position ever since leaving the Presidency. This man is a complete danger to the U.S. as well as his wife. Can you imagine a combination of Hillary in the White House with Bill as head of the UN? Bush needs to pull the plug on the UN right now!

Huckleburry said:
Aside from the statement of Clinton as a useless and ineffective leader, I love the post. Clinton would make a fantastic secratary general and could help in repairing the damaged US reputation abroad.

Oh please-----tell me the last time a majority of foreigners liked America.

If a guy who kied about getting blow-jobs from an intern can possibly improve our reputation then we sure as hell don't have much of an image problem

Actually, the position of secretary general is supposed to rotate geographically; I believe Asia is supposed to be next. The Security Council recommends candidates to the General Assembly based on that geographical rotation. I know China is backing their own candidate. There is also the fact that many nations are reluctant to have a secretary general from any nation that sits as a permanent memeber of the security council. Kofi is in there until 2006; if Asia does get the next slot, that is another five year term and possibly ten if the Asian candidate gets two terms...so Bill could conceivably be UN Secretary General in 2011, unless something really drastic happens and the UN ignores it's own established processes; it could happen I guess.

I have to concur. We dont answer to the Secretary General now. Why exactly would we have to answer to Clinton if he was the Secretary general?

This is the problem with the left. they want us to have to answer to the Secretary general. The United States can never do that. The Constitution is clear on who the leader of our nation is. We are going to remain a free nation and there is no way in hell that we will submit to an unelected dictator.

If you were thinking rationally youd realize what a horrible idea having Clinton as President would be. Especially if Hillary or Kerry ended up as President. We can kiss our freedom goodbye then.

Huckleburry said:

why do you care what those abroad think of you?

clinton is perfect for the UN ... he will do nothing, same as his 8 years in office .... there will be tons of forigen little hotties to smoke his pole for him ... everything will be fine ... and he will take full credit for anything good that happens while he is there ... and will say gee i am sorry i should have done something about that when something goes wrong

If Billy-boy took on this position I think it would kill any chance of Hillary gaining the WH. The distrust and sometimes outright hatred of the UN runs strong in the US and having Bill as SG would only give the Rs something to shoot at. The distrust of the UN and dislike of Hillary would simply be too large to overcome. She might get in even though people dislike her, but not if Bill is SG.

no1tovote4 said:
If Billy-boy took on this position I think it would kill any chance of Hillary gaining the WH. The distrust and sometimes outright hatred of the UN runs strong in the US and having Bill as SG would only give the Rs something to shoot at. The distrust of the UN and dislike of Hillary would simply be too large to overcome. She might get in even though people dislike her, but not if Bill is SG.

it might be fun if bill got the UN post and hillary got the WH...

the libs would be in charge of the world ..... everyone would hug .... and there would be peace .... no more war...no more hunger...europe and the middleast would love us .... everyone would have a job and healthcare.... oil prices would drop .... the jews and the arabs would hug ... i wonder who they will blame it on when it doesn't happen that way??????

freeandfun1 said:
Uhhh, explain something to me, why would we have to answer to Billybob even if he were UN Sec Gen? We don't listen to the UN SecGen now and we never will.

You are a frigg'n idiot.

Because his charisma is a valuable weapon; Bill talks to people with some sense of respect. Had Bill been president during 9/11, we would had still faught Iraq, but with full international support from the UN. I'm not a FUCKING (either say the word properly, or don't "HINT" it at all) IDIOT, I'm just pointing out the facts.

hylandrdet said:
I'm not a FUCKING (either say the word properly, or don't "HINT" it at all) IDIOT, I'm just pointing out the facts.

Actually, you just proved you are a, as you so aptly put it, FUCKING IDIOT.

dilloduck said:
Oh please-----tell me the last time a majority of foreigners liked America.

If a guy who kied about getting blow-jobs from an intern can possibly improve our reputation then we sure as hell don't have much of an image problem

Dude, the other nations has this secret rationale towards their leader's personal life...

THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!

I'd rather have a Bill Clinton than a Tiberius Ceasar, the Michael Jackson of world leaders; he entertained himself by having young boys swimming around him naked. Don't let me go "Caligula" on you, with this issue!

You don't know how stupid you really look, bitching about a "blow job", to nations that had seen much worse perversions from its leaders!

Our nation is too young to understand; the older nations had thousands of "Clinton" world leaders come and go. They understood that a leader is judged by the content of his policies and not by the content of his/her's own personal character.

Get over it! Most important, get over yourself!

hylandrdet said:
Dude, the other nations has this secret rationale towards their leader's personal life...

THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!

I'd rather have a Bill Clinton than a Tiberius Ceasar, the Michael Jackson of world leaders; he entertained himself by having young boys swimming around him naked. Don't let me go "Caligula" on you, with this issue!

You don't know how stupid you really look, bitching about a "blow job", to nations that had seen much worse perversions from its leaders!

Our nation is too young to understand; the older nations had thousands of "Clinton" world leaders come and go. They understood that a leader is judged by the content of his policies and not by the content of his/her's own personal character.

Get over it! Most important, get over yourself!

Cant believe you are still defending that man. When are you going to understand that he has singlehandedly destroyed the Democrat party for his own power?

Fact is this is the United States. We have the privelege of electing our politicians. So we dont have to put up with immoral leaders whether its Tiberius Ceasar or Bill Clinton. We can vote for people who actuall give a damn about the people.

Forum List

Back