England
Israel
Poland

3. His policies of:
Less Police Less Firemen and less Teacher
End Medicare
Tax cuts for billionaires
Flip Flopping

I will provide links to any one of these if you have a question or can't find it on your own. Edited. Stop with the Put Downs.

I'm curious. Are the "put downs" suggesting they need help finding information or describing Mitt and his "curious" behavior? Not arguing, just curious.

Your choice of words were a put down, RD. Either learn how to speak to your audience without the digs, or stay in the other Forums. Insults, Digs, Antagonizing, will get you in trouble here. You want to stay? Practice.

Do you want me to link to everything else? I can, you know. And you can't prove otherwise because I have truth on my side.

Please do, as has been requested.
FACTS, clean ones. Not blogs.

So actual video of Mitt talking isn't good enough? That's about the best I can do.

The sound bite provided is just that, a sound bite.
You say you can prove everything you claim, then GET ON IT or get OUT!

Let's start with your claims of Romney breaking laws, one by one.

Last edited:
1. Romney broke the Law:
Animal abuse
assault
pretending to be a police officer
lying about running Bain

Blatantly false. But for the sake of argument, how does that justify ignoring Obama's crimes? You know, the ones he freely admitted to in his books?

Odd, sounds alot more like Obama than Romney.

3. His policies of:
Less Police Less Firemen and less Teacher
End Medicare
Tax cuts for billionaires
Flip Flopping

1) Federal government doesnt control the amounts of police, firemen, or teachers
2) Romney has never made it a policy to end medicare.
3) His policy of tax cuts for everyone targets, well, everyone, not billionaries.
4) That's not a policy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O5II0ZBCuA]Romney ties his dog to the roof of his car in an airtight kennel?! - YouTube[/ame]

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be identified.

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

Young Mitt Romney coerces 5 classmates into helping him assault a kid he didn't approve of

120607-creepy-romney-used-to-impersonate-a-police-officer.jpg
0.jpg

What a difference two years can make. Mitt Romney says he left Bain Capital in February 1999. So why do documents the company filed with federal regulators say he continued at Bain for more than two additional years? And why is the Romney campaign, despite all the evidence, stressing that he did not work at Bain beyond February 1999? What happened during those two years?

Dozens of Romney’s SEC documents catch media off guard

Since those first documents, there have been others and not just from the SEC.

See? That's just the first group. Now, prove to me where I "lied"????

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

Do you want me to link to everything else? I can, you know. And you can't prove otherwise because I have truth on my side.

It's already been proved on countless threads on the forum. i am not going to rehash it at this point in time when all you have to do is a simple search of the board and find each and every one of those points refuted.

Please do, as has been requested.
FACTS, clean ones. Not blogs.

So actual video of Mitt talking isn't good enough? That's about the best I can do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

As I pointed out before, the President doesnt hire or fire police, firemen, or teachers

1) Romney has shown himself through his actions in the private sector, at the Olympics, and as Governor as someone who can eliminate waste, corruption, and balance a budget. Three things that are vital for the next President to do.

2) Romney has shown himself to be competant and effective leader because of the experience previously mentioned.

3) Romney is a moral man who cares about people and willing to serve them despite the media trying to paint the opposite picture. He rescued people from a capsized boat. He organized his employees to help find the missing daughter of a coworker. He has a steller record of community service and charitable giving.

1) He doesn't talk about his time as governor, and frankly, a Chimp could have saved the Olympics. So all he has is his business experience. I guess my problem is, I don't see workers getting good wages and benefits as "waste". If there is a root cause of all our economic misery, it's the dismantling of the middle class so a few rich people can have more money.

2) His leadership has been very good for rich people. The rest of us, not so much. And when the People of MA got a whiff of Romney Leadership, they couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Mitt is the first presidential candidate who isn't even trying to win his home state.

3) That boat wasn't "Capsized". It was merely dead in the water. And that daughter wasn't missing, she was hanging out and partying with friends. So really, if that's the best examples you can come up with for his "moral" standing, that he helped out other rich people who weren't in any danger, maybe you should throw in that he pulled up his limo and offered the person next to him some Grey Poupon.

What he did do is screw over working people at AmPad and GS Steel and Dade Medical.

The republic is dead. It died after WWII. Being in the international empire stage of our nation takes away republics ability to handle such a large conglomeration of military power, political prowess and economic reactionism.
The leaders do act like dictators cause in a plutocracy that is what you get.

As bizarre as this may sound, I pretty much agree with you.

Judicial appointments.

The return to failed Bush Era fiscal policy.

The return to failed Bush Era foreign policy.

The return of Bush Era administrators and policy makers Romney would be too weak and indecisive to control, not unlike Bush.

You dont pay much attention do you? You are oblivious as to current fiscal policy, current foreign policy and lets add fed policy.

The republic is dead. It died after WWII. Being in the international empire stage of our nation takes away republics ability to handle such a large conglomeration of military power, political prowess and economic reactionism.
The leaders do act like dictators cause in a plutocracy that is what you get.

As bizarre as this may sound, I pretty much agree with you.

We are fixing the Republic with a New Emancipation Proclamation. You can find that thread also in the CDZ.

As for 'death by soundbite', that is becoming a common thing on the internet and is especially troubling when both sides are doing it. We can all find edited Youtube copies of Obama's "you didn't build that' line that makes it look presumably worse than it was. I HATE that kind of dishonest representation of somebody. Most espeically when the unedited version, in my opinion, provided huge ammunition to honorably criticize him.

Edited Youtube clips or other edited quotations that attempt to dishonestly discredit Romney are just as reprehensible, and in my opinion, honorable people do not resort to that.

And on a personal note, anybody who makes an accusation that casts aspersons on a person's character or conduct should back it up with a crecdible source or refer to one or provide a rationale for the criticism. Otherwise such arguments can be dismissed as irrelevent to any evaluation of the person as a candidate for President.

A statement of "Romney screwed people over" honorably requires explanation and backup.

Questions and personal observations need no additional support, however.

The one and only reason to vote for Romney is that he doesn't share the same disdain for Business that Oblamo does... You know Business... The ones who hire people, and put them back to work when they are allowed to conduct business.

Convince me why I should or shouldn't vote for Romney.
Try to limit to your top three reasons.
I'll just give one...

Governor is the only job title that he has that is directly related to his ability to the POTUS position. What did he do for Massachusetts that makes him worthy for the POTUS?

I personally don't want to convince you of anything... Me telling you my answer won't mean shit to most people... Which honestly isn't necessarily a bad thing, in many cases it's admirable. You don't need other people to think for you? Fuck'n great.

It's not possible to fail if you vote your conscious. But in politics more often than not the questions asked are more geared to make you believe something, rather than finding the truth of the thing. You have to ask your own questions, not what the media or party is asking.

I'd vote for Romney based on the simple fact that he does not think America needs to be fundamentally transformed. And he also does not profess to have the power to stop the rising of the seas.

We don't need no stinkin change in America, everything is just fine :D

Or perhaps the obama side of that coin: America is so wretched she needs to be fundamentally transformed....

Convince me why I should or shouldn't vote for Romney.
Try to limit to your top three reasons.

i dont mean to be rude, but rudeness is like everything else, its to the persons descretion but if u have to ask id rather u vote for obama and just wosh for 4 more years of the last 4 years. Voting should be a personal thing and with the internet and socail stuff people are having a harder time making up their minds.

Romney might be democrat lite but at least the republican planks will still be in effect. Thats the best we can hope for in this mess, and yes its a mess.

Romney is not going to wave a wand and make things better, hes not going to get everything passed his first two years and hes going to have a hell of time turning around the economy BUT he might get it going in the right direction.

If u really cant see that or at least chat with people who might show u what both sides are about, than just simply vote for the guy wearing the suit u like. I might be wrong for giving my opinion and yes now a days its wrong, but I think youd do better to educate urself on the issues and make ur own decision.

1. I believe his lack of transparency with his tax returns to be symptomatic of a larger problem, as is the stashing of monies offshore in tax havens.

2. He has clearly and repeatedly stated that he wants to give millionaires and billionaires even deeper tax cuts, despite the fact that they've had tax cuts for a very long time, and it has yet to lead to jobs.

3. People joke about the flip flopping, but I truly have NO idea where he stands.

If you don't know where he stands, you ought to check out his campaign site instead of relying on democrat TPM's. So you're too lazy to inform yourself on his positions and you're jealous that he has a lot of money and you actually think tax returns tell you who someone is and what they stand for is your reasoning to withhold a vote from Romney? Kind of weak if you ask me.

Obama has committed no crimes, you are thinking of the first US President with criminal convictions, GWB. And the dog on the roof story is so weak, it makes Romney look like St. Peter. The recent flubs in the UK, Poland, and Israel humanized him.

If Obama has committed no crimes, then why did he say he did? Was it just to get street cred?

Still curious about Peach's assertion that Obama committed no crimes.

I don't think somebody is necessarily lazy if they don't look up a candidate's position, but I don't think we are out of line pointing out that judging a candidate on his 'flip flops' without knowing what his positions are on the issues is a bit short sighted and no doubt is going to create some wrong perceptions.

1. He represents a class of people who believe that "the rules" apply to other people.
Example: His and his company's use of off-shore tax havens.

2. He is a hypocrite.
Example: He hates "Obama Care" though it was modeled on his own health care reforms (that worked) when he was governor of Massachusetts.

3. He is a bully.
Example: Look at the debates and see how he constantly tried to control the debate process - that is not leadership - it is how a spoiled CEO behaves who believes that he is destined to always have the last word.

Forum List

Back