Will you partcipate in an armed rebellion against the federal government?

Are you planning to take part in an armed rebellion against the federal government?

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
Taking up arms against one's country should be the absolute last resort. At present, there is absolutely no basis for such action. Those who are presently speaking of such are our normal fruitcakes. Good at murdering people that have no defence, such as Oklahoma City, or a museum guard, but gutless when it comes to actually presenting their case to fellow Americans.

There are some on the board who are talking about an armed rebellion or civil war sometime down the road. That got me thinking, are you planning to participate in an armed insurrection against the federal government?

Frankly, I find this fascinating.

Henceforth, you will be called Janet Napolitano.

Everyone should have in 2004 when idiot stole his second term.
But "murkins are pussies and the skinheaded Nazi, brainwashed,military hillbillies were too busy spreading freeDumb and demoNcracy to kick his ass out and clean up the faggot pricks at the "supreme" court.
After witnessing that ? I voted with my feet.

God Bless Honduras ! They have balls.

There are some on the board who are talking about an armed rebellion or civil war sometime down the road. That got me thinking, are you planning to participate in an armed insurrection against the federal government?

It's a fascinating discussion if you can keep the rhetoric zombies out of it.

Let me respond to your question with a question: If the US Federal government ceases to represent the US Constitution, is it not one's duty as a US citizen to defend the latter against the former?

I do not out of hand support armed rebellion when the political mechanisms exist to change the government through peaceful means. The problem, IMO, lies in the fact that so many are so polarized to their side's rhetoric, they can't figure out their asses from holes in the ground, much less see that with a little thought applied to the situation, armed conflict is not necessary.

It is fascinating because as a foreigner, it is difficult to understand the American ethos without understanding the broad and deep premise of your question. America, more than any other country that I am aware, is based on an ideal. Generally, what foreigners do not understand is that what might look insane - people talking armed rebellion, for example - is a manifestation of that ideal that runs deep in the American ethos such that a small portion of the population is willing to die fighting the Federal government if their taxes are too high. In a way, it is insane, but in another way, there is nobility to it. (Of course, you could say the same thing about Marxists, but hey...)

Last edited:
So long as American citizens have the right to unobstructed representation, then there is no reason for any call to arms, no matter what your political beliefs may be. Only when that representation is removed will there be reason to take up arms against our government.

The greatest attribute to our system to date is the fact that Americans have always allowed the system to work and to work itself out regardless of who might be leading the way for a certain period of time.

The nut cases who advocate armed rebellion are too scared to ever do it.

There are bigger nut cases who reads the big chickens advocating aremed rebellion.They are more likely to do it.

You call our past President THOMAS JEFFERSON a "nut case?"

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Taking a look at the politicians who are beginning to make public their disagreements with all that Obama is doing, and seeing this question come up in so many ways, is an indication that in America we have a problem. I remember Perry's comment about Texas leaving the country behind. Just the mention of these things is clear evidence that somewhere along the way Americans have voted themselves back into a corner.

It is my hope that there will be no all out war here, but I would participate in a systematic removal of many of the politicians and other government workers who are currently in high places. We do need to make some drastic changes.

As I see it, the best hope is that someone will come along who understands how to lead the country, through the media, in the future elections, toward a clear cleansing of the nations of the crap that is in Washington DC now. I wish I were smart enough to lead it. Our votes are worthless unless we have someone worth voting for. Farmers, volunteer community leaders, organizations with high ethical and moral histories, and others who have the educational understanding needed, need to step up to the plate and lead in a plan to organize and take those offices over in our government.

There does need to be a cleansing. Government is corrupt, and most politicians need to be removed.

I don't think I would be involved in all out war, but in organized cleansing, I would jump right in.

Just one man's opinion.

Once again, the very fact that these kinds of comments are being made publicly in so many places not means we need to do something, or we will lose this great nation forever.

There does need to be a cleansing. Government is corrupt, and most politicians need to be removed.

I don't think I would be involved in all out war, but in organized cleansing, I would jump right in.

What do you mean by "organized cleansing"?

Do you mean voting people out in 2010?

Or do you mean selective assassinations?

I'm hoping that you are referring to the former.

Let me respond to your question with a question: If the US Federal government ceases to represent the US Constitution, is it not one's duty as a US citizen to defend the latter against the former?

I do not out of hand support armed rebellion when the political mechanisms exist to change the government through peaceful means. The problem, IMO, lies in the fact that so many are so polarized to their side's rhetoric, they can't figure out their asses from holes in the ground, much less see that with a little thought applied to the situation, armed conflict is not necessary.

In other words, just agree with YOUR rhetoric, and we'll all be just fine.

No, but I might enjoy putting away a few members of the American Aristocracy;

AKA fat-cat Republicans.

Good things come in time.

Dreams can come true.

Contemporary%20interior%20design.jpg

What about Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and George Soros?

Is it ok to be a fat cat as long as you a leftie fat cat?

Taking a look at the politicians who are beginning to make public their disagreements with all that Obama is doing, and seeing this question come up in so many ways, is an indication that in America we have a problem. I remember Perry's comment about Texas leaving the country behind. Just the mention of these things is clear evidence that somewhere along the way Americans have voted themselves back into a corner.

It is my hope that there will be no all out war here, but I would participate in a systematic removal of many of the politicians and other government workers who are currently in high places. We do need to make some drastic changes.

As I see it, the best hope is that someone will come along who understands how to lead the country, through the media, in the future elections, toward a clear cleansing of the nations of the crap that is in Washington DC now. I wish I were smart enough to lead it. Our votes are worthless unless we have someone worth voting for. Farmers, volunteer community leaders, organizations with high ethical and moral histories, and others who have the educational understanding needed, need to step up to the plate and lead in a plan to organize and take those offices over in our government.

Just one man's opinion.

Once again, the very fact that these kinds of comments are being made publicly in so many places not means we need to do something, or we will lose this great nation forever.

A good start, then, would be for "conservatives" to stop ripping the Republican Party apart by their wild-eyed isolationism from the basic tenets of the Grand OLd Party. While you may not agree with nor like everything the GOP currently stands for, there is strength in numbers. As long as you continue to act like bratty children (JUST SAY NO), and are unwilling to compromise, even a little, you will continue to lose regardless how much "cleansing" is done of the current batch serving in Washington.

Just one man's opinion.

A good start, then, would be for "conservatives" to stop ripping the Republican Party apart by their wild-eyed isolationism from the basic tenets of the Grand OLd Party. While you may not agree with nor like everything the GOP currently stands for, there is strength in numbers. As long as you continue to act like bratty children (JUST SAY NO), and are unwilling to compromise, even a little, you will continue to lose regardless how much "cleansing" is done of the current batch serving in Washington.

So Maggie, if Dick Cheney were the President and he was driving the country in a direction that you thought, with all sincerity, would rip it from it's very foundations. Further, you thought that it would be irreconcilably changed for the worse.

Your response would be to compromise with Dick Cheney and not really oppose him? Is that really your position?

Taking up arms against one's country should be the absolute last resort. At present, there is absolutely no basis for such action. Those who are presently speaking of such are our normal fruitcakes. Good at murdering people that have no defence, such as Oklahoma City, or a museum guard, but gutless when it comes to actually presenting their case to fellow Americans.

I would absolutely agree that it should be the last resort. No doubt about that.

As to whether there is "absolutely no reason" I think there might be some disagreement on that point.

If I were asked whether we are near the point, I would say we are not near the point where anything like a substantial minority would consider such a thing.

As a point of interest, I was watching one of the many shows concerning the Revolution over the weekend. During the Revolution only 1/3 of Americans supported the Revolution. And, 1/3 opposed it. The other 1/3 didn't give a rat's ass as long as it kept clear of them.

Maybe America hasn't changed too much after all.

It is fascinating because as a foreigner, it is difficult to understand the American ethos without understanding the broad and deep premise of your question. America, more than any other country that I am aware, is based on an ideal. Generally, what foreigners do not understand is that what might look insane - people talking armed rebellion, for example - is a manifestation of that ideal that runs deep in the American ethos such that a small portion of the population is willing to die fighting the Federal government if their taxes are too high. In a way, it is insane, but in another way, there is nobility to it. (Of course, you could say the same thing about Marxists, but hey...)

I'd give you another pos rep if I could for that insight.

You correctly state that America is built on an ideal more than any other country. I think that Americans forget this fact or never knew it. You don't hear the people of France saying something like, "That is so un-French." The thought of it is absurd.

Where you go wrong, IMO, is when you put it down to taxes. (Although that is the spur to the American Revolution along with:

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

Sorry, it was just the 4th of July.

In the current case, I think you struck upon it initially. That America was founded upon an ideal. I think there is substantial dissonance among a growing number of people between what they know is the Law and Spirit of the Constitution and the ever grasping Federal government.

Last edited:
If I was thinking about it, I certainly would not be advertising it on an internet forum!

But I see no need for a civil war at this point in history.

Forum List

Back