Will YOU Join The War To Stop Mass Murder?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
because that's what it coming down to ladies and gentlemen. The genocide continues in Darfur, and after the Sudanese are finished wiping out the three tribes of Darfur, they'll move on to new targets within their nation. They'll be aided, supported and protected from international intervention by China and Russia, who have strong financial interests in Sudan. To make matters worse, there are other nations like Uzbekistan, Burma (Mynamar) and Nigeria that are perfect possibilities for future genocide and ethnic warfare. The governments and groups responsible for such atrocities will be supported and protected by China and Russia. We will be throwing hundreds of millions of dollars out of a moral duty to treat the symptoms, but not the disease itself.

We can either sit and do nothing, or we can make China pay for its heinous disregard for human life. Liberals, the real enemy is not George Bush, its the Chinese government. The real enemy is not Dick Cheney, its the Russian arms industry. Conservatives, the enemy is not John Kerry (he won't win anyway), it is the Chinese government. While Pres. Bush focuses on the War On Islamic Terrorism, China is focusing on how to eclipse us in influence in Asia and the rest of the world, how to usurp our power and prestige and corrupt their world with their insatiable thirst for more power and more resources. France will support them, as will the Russians to an extent. China is the greatest terrorist nation in the world right now, not in a sense of suicide bombings, but of terrorizing its own citizenry and helping other strongmen and regimes to terrorize their people.

I'm not asking to go to war in a military sense, and believe me, I realize every minute of every day that there are no US troops headed to Darfur any time soon. That's a fantasy that is not anywhere near reality. I'm asking, can we mobilize and use our economic and political power to fight China and its allies policies? Can we help make them accountable? Can we save lives and make America stronger in the process?

What I am asking is, can we as Americans take steps to fight back with our pocketbook and stop buying products made in China's sweatshops? Can we boycott stores and companies that coddle and ally themselves with the Chinese against our own government to satisfy their thirst for profit? Can we organize divestment campaigns against international petrol and energy companies based in China, France, India and Russia that make profit from mass murder? Can we demand action in Washington to stop coddling the Chinese and their many allies (the Arab facists, the French, the Russians)? Can we take steps to demand China be made to pay for its crimes?

Please think about it, because China is going to make damn sure no one stops the genocide in Darfur. Then when they have energy and economic interests in another nation like Uzbekistan or Burma where mass murder and ethnic cleansing is happening, they will make sure no one intervenes either.

Wake up and realize the danger we're in, and the millions of lives that hang in the balance in third world countries because of China's greed and thirst for power.

China's oil greed is funding the military that is slaughtering the people of Darfur.

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/commentary/story/0,4386,276183,00.html

This is what happens when you make the economy a global entity before the people are ready for it. You end up with nations that run their economy having the global ability to spread mass death and carnage in the name of economic strength.

DKSuddeth said:
This is what happens when you make the economy a global entity before the people are ready for it. You end up with nations that run their economy having the global ability to spread mass death and carnage in the name of economic strength.

that is a damn good point. they're in the WTO now though, can we hold them to a higher standard/hold them accountable if our leaders press for it?

NATO AIR said:
that is a damn good point. they're in the WTO now though, can we hold them to a higher standard/hold them accountable if our leaders press for it?
how long have we been pushing for beijing to float the yen instead of peg it below the dollar? They haven't responded yet. Don't look for it anytime soon. China, backed by russia, will be the newest world power/enemy.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
DKSuddeth said:
how long have we been pushing for beijing to float the yen instead of peg it below the dollar? They haven't responded yet. Don't look for it anytime soon. China, backed by russia, will be the newest world power/enemy.

i've had the sinking feeling for a while, but (thanks to events in the last month) now i know for sure that what you've just said is absolutely true.

I think we should do something to stop this genocide. It was the whole point of creating the UN. To ensure nothing like the holocaust ever happened again. Sadly the UN has decided it would rather try to assert itself over the US than deal with genocide. very sad.

I would love to see us do something. There has to be something we can do. Im not sure what we can do at this point though.

I think we should do something to stop this genocide. It was the whole point of creating the UN. To ensure nothing like the holocaust ever happened again. Sadly the UN has decided it would rather try to assert itself over the US than deal with genocide. very sad.

I would love to see us do something. There has to be something we can do. Im not sure what we can do at this point though.

well we tried in Somalia and some of these same forces created hell for our boys---this is unfortunately gonna take some thought.

dilloduck said:
well we tried in Somalia and some of these same forces created hell for our boys---this is unfortunately gonna take some thought.

There is a difference between now and then. Republicans are in charge.

There is a difference between now and then. Republicans are in charge.

True--and the Dems are waiting for any chance to pounce--I'm afraid when I feel as if we are seeing a lame duck administration until election day.

dilloduck said:
True--and the Dems are waiting for any chance to pounce--I'm afraid when I feel as if we are seeing a lame duck administration until election day.

true. but after that the libs will be too confused to know what we are doing

the news gets worse as far as depending others... it looks like the AU is still not ready for this kind of operation. they're promising too much that they can't deliver. this means many more months of unabated pillage, rape and slaughter. what a wonderful world.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6193746/site/newsweek/

We have seen the situation go from bad to worse to terrible, to un-worldy terrible. The UN is a joke look at East Africa Somalia. As soon as our marines withdrew the calns took right back over. So standing back and watching doesn't help but if we go in for six months and leave, will we really make a change? Or will another US marine relize he is a son of a leader and take over like in Somalia. It is sad..but I agree we gotta think and plan this one out not rush in and get ourselves stuck in shit again.

What are we going to do...

Altruistic wars don't work. What do you do in the war on drugs? Shoot the bong? The world is a sick place. The UN is a sick thing representing a sick place. I am afraid that ALL of those travesties will be left unpunished.

Could be worse. They could shred the peoples faces off with cheese graters. Yeah. Could be worse. I am fucked up.

Forum List

Back