Will You Join The Revolution? Sign The Pledge!!!

Next thing you know basic survival will dictate that the Republicans and the Democrats cut the BULLSHIT are start doing what they were elected to do.
When that happens (if ever) I will be ready.

I think you should all kick out your elected representative..

Mine is doing a good job so I think I will keep him

This is the problem we have. Most people at least trust the devil they know more than the devil they don't know who is running against him or her, so they keep re-electing their own representatives while hoping everybody else will dump theirs.

It doesn't work that way though, does it?

Everyone we elect sucks
They are all a bunch of crooks
I'm the only one who votes correctly
Throw them all out
Only complete unknowns are capable of running our government
At this point, Forest Gump is more competent to run government then the clowns now in office.

I think you should all kick out your elected representative..

Mine is doing a good job so I think I will keep him

This is the problem we have. Most people at least trust the devil they know more than the devil they don't know who is running against him or her, so they keep re-electing their own representatives while hoping everybody else will dump theirs.

It doesn't work that way though, does it?

This is why Tip O'Neil said, "All Politics is local."

The politics of America is much simpler than anyone seems to think. The reality is purposely confused by the Rulers so as to camoflauge it:

Our Country is ruled by an economic elite. Their interests are pretty much championed by the Republican party. When the American people get pissed off at the rulers, we elect Democrats, who serve as a token opposition party. This serves to let the America people get off steam and have some hope that things will change. They don't.

<snip>

IT WILL SHAKE UP THE POLITICAL SYSTEM SOMETHING AWFUL AND SCARE THE BEJESUS OUT OF THE RULING ELITE.

Next thing you know basic survival will dictate that the Republicans and the Democrats cut the BULLSHIT are start doing what they were elected to do.

You don't seem to have a grounded relationship with reality.

You think making corporate lobbying illegal will make a bit of difference when your court just said that corporations are people who can put as much money as they want into campaigns?

You think making corporate lobbying illegal will make a bit of difference when your court just said that corporations are people who can put as much money as they want into campaigns?
We don't really need to go that route, and what you said is absolutely true....the money will find the politicians.

ONLY COMPLETE and immediate transparency will make any difference. Provide complete contributor information and the let the people choose which politicians are being influenced by the support they get. Require full and immediate particulars on political contributions on the internet.

That would focus the attention of the public on the influence of their ideas. If the influence is favorable to the electorate in spite of the fact that it helps a certain sector of the political spectrum, an informed electorate can make the distinction.

I think that far more pernicious would THEN be the contributions that would go to entertainment industries which claim to inform or even don't claim to inform but entertain. BUT... who is really confused by the agenda of a Michael Moore?

The Kick Them All Out Project - Take The "Kick Them All Out" Pledge!

I hope all of you on this forum join us. Democrat, Republican, independent, and all others please join us and take back our country from the fat cats and crooked politicians. We currently have 2,100 confirmed signers.

HmPgKickemPhoto.jpg
Where is the "indivisible under God" part!!???

I'm not signing no commie pledge!!

We don't really need to go that route, and what you said is absolutely true....the money will find the politicians.

ONLY COMPLETE and immediate transparency will make any difference. Provide complete contributor information and the let the people choose which politicians are being influenced by the support they get. Require full and immediate particulars on political contributions on the internet.

That would focus the attention of the public on the influence of their ideas. If the influence is favorable to the electorate in spite of the fact that it helps a certain sector of the political spectrum, an informed electorate can make the distinction.

I think that far more pernicious would THEN be the contributions that would go to entertainment industries which claim to inform or even don't claim to inform but entertain. BUT... who is really confused by the agenda of a Michael Moore?

Corporations are a problem only so far as they are able to be in bed with law makers. The SCOTUS ruling did not--repeat did NOT--allow corporations to put as much money into campaigns as they want to. The limitations of donations to a specific candidate are still in place and the Constitutional rule about no campaign contributions from foreigners being allowed is still safely in place.

All SCOTUS said is that corporations can spend as much money as they want promoting a candidate or cause or piece of legislation or whatever. In other words, if GE or Ford or Microsoft want to spend multi millions in ads for just about anything they want to, it is their Constitutional right to speak about whatever they want.

If you are really concerned about corporate corruption, there is an easy remedy:

1) Make it a felony and impeachable offense for legislators to enrich themselves personally through favors or benefits extended to any corporation, and

2) Make it an ironclad law, preferably a Constitutional amendment, that Congress cannot extend subsidies or favors or benefits or favorable legislation or benevolence to any corporation or any group or any individual that does not apply equally to all.

That would stop 90% of the corruption in government immediately as well as corruption in those receiving the benefits.

Last edited:
How about we vote out our own representatives if they are doing a bad job every election? I have no wish to "kick them all out", as far as I know my representative is doing a fine job.

Also, why is it we have to vilify 'special interests' and 'lobbyists'? People will always 'lobby' their own interests to their elected representative, that's the whole point of having a representative, so he/she can represent your best interests.

I can't vote on other state's senators and congressmen. I dont think you should leave anyone in for more than a term or two, even if they are doing a good job. The position of power we give to them should be temporary in order to stave off corrupting influences.

You don't see any problem with how our politicians are governing and who they let influence their decisions?

I'm not vilifying special interests or lobbyists, i'm calling them out for what they have been doing. To tell the truth, even if the truth is ugly for them, is not villifying

However when the politicians listen to rich special interests because they need the wealth of those interests to get reelected the people have no power. If we start voting them out the politicans will see a clear choice....listen to the people over the corporate sponsored lobbyists or be fired by the people you are supposed to represent.

Too many politicians seem more concerned with re-election than with doing their jobs.

Thats EXACTLY why i'm so behind this idea. If we keep voting them out they will realize it is us the people that re-elect them and not their lobbyists/corporate sponsors.

When that happens (if ever) I will be ready.

It wont happen if people like you don't make them respect and fear our votes. Right now the politicians treat the people like a giant mass of moronic jokers who dont matter.

I hope all of you on this forum join us. Democrat, Republican, independent, and all others please join us and take back our country from the fat cats and crooked politicians. We currently have 2,100 confirmed signers.

HmPgKickemPhoto.jpg
Where is the "indivisible under God" part!!???

I'm not signing no commie pledge!!

Sorry man i didn't even notice. I'm not a religious person.

Commie pledge :lol: That pledge would read "I will always vote for the party, regardless of anything...the party is god and is always right in all matters"

:lol:

HmPgKickemPhoto.jpg
Where were you during Bush's horrible 8 years?

in the streets protesting ever since he passed the patriot act, why?

Where have you been the last 7 years?

I hate to rain on the parade here, but neither 'voting them all out' or 'forbidding corporate lobbyists' will accomplish what you hope.

Going back to Management 101, you cannot fix bad people by changing the system. And you can't fix a faulty or bad system by changing the people.

Incumbants. . .

aren't all bad, even if they are really out of touch, and many have been serving on sensitive committees and have otherwise done their homework to give them critical insight into national security and economic issues and familiarity with the duties and workings of the various divisions within government. You put all new people in there all at once, and the experience gap could be disastrous.

The lobbyists. . .

even corporate lobbyists, are Americans too, and you can no more silence or forbid them without making it illegal for the people to petitition their government with their hopes, desires, needs and/or for redress of grievances. To do so would mostly make the Constitution just another meaningless piece of paper to be ignored by those to which the people handed over their power.

the system . . .

is the problem.

We have allowed the government to develop into a political machine by which those in it can increase their personal fortunes, power, prestige, and opportunities while enacting even destructive policies and legislation. Toward that end they are able to bond with big corporations for their own interests, provide enough promises and superfilous goodies to enough gullible people to ensure enough votes to be re-elected, and can otherwise pretty well ignore the people with impunity while they enrich themselves.

The Solution:

First change a destructive system by returning to the original Constitutional principle that the general welfare benefits all and the people's money cannot be used to benefit, bribe, persuade, sway, or buy loyalty from a few.

Make it ironclad law that ANY law that benefits some will proportionately benefit all. Make it ironclad law that government will dispense no charity or direct benefits of any kind to any person, group, special interest, or business entity that is not also dispensed to all.

Make it ironclad that in all cases other than imminent emergencies, all government contracts will be put out for bids and there must be compelling necessity for any restrictions that would limit the number of entities who would qualify to bid.

Government installations outside of Washington DC will be distributed as equally as possible among the various states with equity determined on a per capita basis.

Let the people vote on the insurance and retirement package for their own Congressional representatives.'

Do that, and we eliminate 90% of corruption in government immediately and force those who want to be in Congress to be responsive to the people. The scoundrels who are only there for their own self-serving interests will leave of their own volition. What will be left will be mostly true public servants who want to serve their country.

Ah but there's the rub FOX.

Your solutions would work but the current crop in office will not allow those types of laws to pass......The people that will make it so are the very people who would be hurt by doing so...therefore they wont do it. so what do we do? how do we get it done?

Show me a better, more feasible way and I'm right here willing to jump on board.

Replacing remocrats with depublicans isn't kicking anyone out.....It's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

You miss the point. You can replace democrats with new democrats for all we care just get rid of EVERYONE who is in there now.

And what will stop those same lobbyists from corrupting them the same way. Kicking them all out is not the solution. And the problem is not with Congress. The problem is us. We want lobbyists lobbying our politicians. We just don't want the lobbyists that we disagree with lobbying out politicians. We are conflicted.

Lobbyists dont corrupt people.

Forum List

Back