Will You Help Me With My Next Film? ...a request from Michael Moore

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
Friends,

I am in the middle of shooting my next movie and I am looking for a few brave people who work on Wall Street or in the financial industry to come forward and share with me what they know. Based on those who have already contacted me, I believe there are a number of you who know "the real deal" about the abuses that have been happening. You have information that the American people need to hear. I am humbly asking you for a moment of courage, to be a hero and help me expose the biggest swindle in American history.

All correspondence with me will be kept confidential. Your identity will be protected and you will decide to what extent you wish to participate in telling the greatest crime story ever told.

The important thing here is for you to step up as an American and do your duty of shedding some light on this financial collapse. A few good people have already come forward, which leads me to believe there are many more of you out there who know what's going on. Here's your chance to let your fellow citizens in on the truth.

If you have any info that would help, please contact me at my private email address: [email protected].

For the rest of you on my email list who don't work in the financial industry, you're probably wondering, "What the heck is this all about? I thought he said he was making a romantic comedy!"

Well, I just can't say much right now. I'm sure you can understand why. One thing I can tell you is that you're gonna like this movie when I'm done with it. Oh, yeah...

So, again, if you work for a bank, a brokerage firm or an insurance company -- or if you have seen things or heard things that you believe the American people have a right to know -- please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you in advance for your help!

Yours,
Michael Moore
[email protected]
MichaelMoore.com

Michael Moore: Will You Help Me With My Next Film? ...a request from Michael Moore

At least someone is investigating how this mess happened, is there really no one else that is looking into the causes of this crisis?

I d be interested to hear some top bankers, ... testify about this. But does it always have to be Michael More? What happened to the journalists?

How come we know so little about how exactly (in details) this mess started from within the private sector. Why is it we always get the political crap (Fanny Mea & Freddy Mac , which is only a small part of the cause).

Last edited:
No.. someone is not investigating

Some fat delusional prick with an extreme bias is looking to make another fictional movie

:lol:

Good one, I m no fan either of his movies. He likes to exaggerate too much.

But now about the question, isn't their any real investigations of other journalists that have shown anything? This shit has been going on for so long, how come so many of those corporate guys are keeping their mouth shut? I think this letter makes some good points (but I m not saying that his movie will): if you are a "good" american then you have an obligation to inform the people about what exactly (in the private sector) caused this. The private sector isn't free of guilt when we talk about this whole crisis, they were the ones that were supposed to "self-regulate".

Last edited:
This guy is such a prick.

I bet you douchebags like Sealy and Chris think he is a true american hero for his movies and pointing out "the truth"

No.. someone is not investigating

Some fat delusional prick with an extreme bias is looking to make another fictional movie

:lol:

Good one, I m no fan either of his movies. He likes to exaggerate too much.

But now about the question, isn't their any real investigations of other journalists that have shown anything? This shit has been going on for so long, how come so many of those corporate guys are keeping their mouth shut?

I would have to assume there are some people investigating this.. it's too big a story for some investigative journalists (real ones) not to be delving into this

<sarcasm>

I can't wait until Michael Moore investigates the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress for pushing this mindnumbing 'stimulus' bill. That'll be great!

</sarcasm>

<sarcasm>

I can't wait until Michael Moore investigates the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress for pushing this mindnumbing 'stimulus' bill. That'll be great!

</sarcasm>

Perhaps we shoud all e-mail him and ask him.

Friends,

I am in the middle of shooting my next movie and I am looking for a few brave people who work on Wall Street or in the financial industry to come forward and share with me what they know. Based on those who have already contacted me, I believe there are a number of you who know "the real deal" about the abuses that have been happening. You have information that the American people need to hear. I am humbly asking you for a moment of courage, to be a hero and help me expose the biggest swindle in American history.

All correspondence with me will be kept confidential. Your identity will be protected and you will decide to what extent you wish to participate in telling the greatest crime story ever told.

The important thing here is for you to step up as an American and do your duty of shedding some light on this financial collapse. A few good people have already come forward, which leads me to believe there are many more of you out there who know what's going on. Here's your chance to let your fellow citizens in on the truth.

If you have any info that would help, please contact me at my private email address: [email protected].

For the rest of you on my email list who don't work in the financial industry, you're probably wondering, "What the heck is this all about? I thought he said he was making a romantic comedy!"

Well, I just can't say much right now. I'm sure you can understand why. One thing I can tell you is that you're gonna like this movie when I'm done with it. Oh, yeah...

So, again, if you work for a bank, a brokerage firm or an insurance company -- or if you have seen things or heard things that you believe the American people have a right to know -- please contact me at [email protected].

Yours,
Michael Moore
[email protected]
MichaelMoore.com

Michael Moore: Will You Help Me With My Next Film? ...a request from Michael Moore

At least someone is investigating how this mess happened, is there really no one else that is looking into the causes of this crisis?

I d be interested to hear some top bankers, ... testify about this. But does it always have to be Michael More? What happened to the journalists?

How come we know so little about how exactly (in details) this mess started from within the private sector. Why is it we always get the political crap (Fanny Mea & Freddy Mac , which is only a small part of the cause).

What makes you think this started from within the private sector? Didn't it start with the financial deregulation bills passed by the Democratic House and signed by Clinton in 1999 and 2000? Didn't it start with the Fed creating the real estate bubble by keeping interest rates too low for too long? Didn't it start with the regulatory agencies and the Congress not wanting to interfere with the creation and sales of derivatives because, as Geithner pointed out:

While the intricacies of secondary markets and securitization – the bundling together and selling of loans – may be complex, they account for almost half of the credit going to Main Street as well as Wall Street. When banks making loans for small businesses, commercial real estate or autos are able to bundle and sell those loans into a vibrant and liquid secondary market, it instantly recycles money back to financial institutions to make additional loans to other worthy borrowers. When those markets freeze up, the impact on lending for consumers and businesses – small and large – can be devastating. Unable to sell loans into secondary markets, lenders freeze up, leading those seeking credit like car loans to face exorbitant rates.

http://www.financialstability.gov/docs/fact-sheet.pdf

Moore is a propagandist, not an investigator. We all know whom he will blame without seeing his film. Why would you turn to Moore for answers instead of Geithner?

The causes of the crisis are many and complex. They accumulated over time, and will take time to resolve.

Governments and central banks around the world pursued policies that, with the benefit of hindsight, caused a huge global boom in credit, pushing up housing prices and financial markets to levels that defied gravity.

Investors and banks took risks they did not understand. Individuals, businesses, and governments borrowed beyond their means. The rewards that went to financial executives departed from any realistic appreciation of risk.

There were systematic failures in the checks and balances in the system, by Boards of Directors, by credit rating agencies, and by government regulators. Our financial system operated with large gaps in meaningful oversight, and without sufficient constraints to limit risk. Even institutions that were overseen by our complicated, overlapping system of multiple regulators put themselves in a position of extreme vulnerability.

These failures helped lay the foundation for the worst economic crisis in generations.

TG-18: Secretary Geithner Introduces Financial Stability Plan

The truth is that beginning in the early 1990's nearly everyone in business and government believed our economy needed as much abundant, cheap credit as we could find if we were to prosper. To that end, the Fed kept interest rates as low as it could without causing inflation and financial regulations were removed in the late 1990's in order to allow the financial industry to create new sources of capital and credit. If we start hanging people who are responsible for this, Washington will become almost empty, although to be fair, the failures of those in government were well intentioned, and few in the private sector would be held responsible because with only a few exceptions, they did what was expected of them when the financial regulations were removed in the late 1990's.

I keep imagining someone in in 2012 making a fahrenheit 9/11 style film about Obama. what content would go into it?

He should call KRAMER.

The manclaims to know where the bodies are buried.

I believe he probably does, too.

As to the media, there's a LOT of journalists telling us about the rip offs.

You people ought to read more, I think.

I was just reading an exposee in Vanity Fair (months old, I rwas reading it in a Veterans Hospital this morning) about the enormous scam that Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac were playing on us, for example.

Last edited:
What makes you think this started from within the private sector?

I heard a European banker who worked in the highest ranks of an american bank testify in a dutch television show (called Pauw & Witteman) in Holland about how business was done in the US by this american bank and his story about how competition led to higher and higher risks that were taken to make as much profit as possible to beat the competition, ... (and much other stuff he explained).

Sure we know the government mistakes: but that were general mistakes that we all know about. But isn't it also so that each private company bears responsibility for its actions and if their actions led to this crisis: don't they bear responsibility?

Last edited:

I heard a European banker who worked in the highest ranks of an american bank testify in a dutch television show (called Pauw & Witteman) in Holland about how business was done in the US by this american bank and his story about how competition led to higher and higher risks that were taken to make as much profit as possible to beat the competition, ... (and much other stuff he explained).

Sure we know the government mistakes: but that were general mistakes that we all know about. But isn't it also so that each private company bears responsibility for its actions and if their actions led to this crisis: don't they bear responsibility?

Depends on who you ask.

If you ask an asskissing tool, then no.

If you ask me?

Well... don't ask me because I'm too busy making a list of the people I want to see put up before a wall and shot to give you a thorough answer.

Um. we know how this happened. Its not really that difficult to understand.

This is an accumulation of different causes that ended in this crisis, the government can deregulate: then the government bares responsibility of this, but when the banks take too high risks on the backs of all americans who are customers there (a bank has a public responsibility as well as a private one) then they need to be held responsible as well.

It seems that large banks failed in their public responsibilities: are they not accountable for that?

Like if an engineer builds a bridge it has also a public and a private responsibility: if the bad construction of his bridge causes deaths, damages then the engineer bares full private and public responsibility for that.

We don't know specific stories of what the specific banks all did to cause this, their have been major screw-ups from within the banks. It is important that the responsible ones for this don't just run away with it, the press hasn't done its job in giving full coverage of all this & investigation into it.

Last edited:

If you can find such actions, they should be held responsible, but for all the rantings of some in Congress and elsewhere, no one has been able to point out what the banks did that wasn't supported by government policy. If a corporation acts legally and with full knowledge of the government to maximize profits, it doesn't bear any responsibility for wider consequences of its actions. If the regulatory agencies and the Congress and the Fed failed to foresee the consequences of the companies actions, how can we blame the corporation for not seeing them?

You don't really think these banks brought themselves to the brink of bankruptcy intentionally, do you? Nearly everyone in business and government was caught by surprise when the credit markets seized up, and hardly anyone saw it coming because they didn't want to believe the ride was over. And this is not just true in the US, but throughout the developed world. Europeans love to point the finger at the US, but the truth is European banks made all the same errors in judgment US banks did, and in some cases to a far greater extent.

It might be comforting to find a few villain bankers to blame, but that would not explain how the Fed didn't understand it was creating a real estate bubble that would have to burst, how the regulatory agencies never tried to find out where all these derivatives were going and never questioned the AAA ratings the bond rating companies gave them and how the Congress seemed completely oblivious to all of this, just plain brain dead stupid about it, right up until the financial crisis landed in the middle of an election campaign.

What is truly distressing is not a few errors in judgment some bankers, both here and in other developed countries, may have made, but the massive failures in all branches of our government and in virtually all the governments of developed countries that kept them from seeing that when half the credit the developed world is operating on is generated by securities based on the value of mortgages that depended on keeping an overinflated real estate bubble intact without producing inflation, disaster is inevitable.

This is an accumulation of different causes that ended in this crisis, the government can deregulate: then the government bares responsibility of this, but when the banks take too high risks on the backs of all americans who are customers there (a bank has a public responsibility as well as a private one) then they need to be held responsible as well.

It seems that large banks failed in their public responsibilities: are they not accountable for that?

Like if an engineer builds a bridge it has also a public and a private responsibility: if the bad construction of his bridge causes deaths, damages then the engineer bares full private and public responsibility for that.

We don't know specific stories of what the specific banks all did to cause this, their have been major screw-ups from within the banks. It is important that the responsible ones for this don't just run away with it, the press hasn't done its job in giving full coverage of all this & investigation into it.

I'm not sure what high risks you're talking about. The derivatives they are stuck with were rated AAA at the time they bought them, so that can't be what you mean. The high risk (of foreclosure) of some of the mortgages they sold and bought were not really high risk for them since there was a ready market in which to sell them. What is truly stunning is that hardly any of our banks and hardly any of the banks in the rest of the developed world and hardly any of the governments in the developed world seemed to realize that sooner or later the real estate bubble would burst and all these "safe" investments would lose value, although even if they had realized this, I don't think anyone would have guessed AAA rated bonds would lose so much of their value so quickly.

Friends,

Yours,
Michael Moore
[email protected]
MichaelMoore.com

Eat another twinkie and die has a nice ring to it.........

I'm not sure what high risks you're talking about. The derivatives they are stuck with were rated AAA at the time they bought them, so that can't be what you mean. The high risk (of foreclosure) of some of the mortgages they sold and bought were not really high risk for them since there was a ready market in which to sell them. What is truly stunning is that hardly any of our banks and hardly any of the banks in the rest of the developed world and hardly any of the governments in the developed world seemed to realize that sooner or later the real estate bubble would burst and all these "safe" investments would lose value, although even if they had realized this, I don't think anyone would have guessed AAA rated bonds would lose so much of their value so quickly.

I think it is described in this article:

"By pushing all of this excess credit into the economy, the Fed created a housing and mortgage mania that Wall Street was only too happy to be part of. Yes, many on the Street abandoned their normal risk standards. But they were goaded by an enormous subsidy for debt. Wall Street did get "drunk" but Washington had set up the open bar."

The Bush Economy - WSJ.com

It is obvious that the government made mistakes, but it is even more obvious that some companies made huge mistakes. Lehman Brothers distracted most of the attention, because of its bankruptcy but many forget the other responsible ones. Why are they not accountable?

Forum List

Back