Will You Help Me With My Next Film? ...a request from Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Munin, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Michael Moore: Will You Help Me With My Next Film? ...a request from Michael Moore

At least someone is investigating how this mess happened, is there really no one else that is looking into the causes of this crisis?

I d be interested to hear some top bankers, ... testify about this. But does it always have to be Michael More? What happened to the journalists?

How come we know so little about how exactly (in details) this mess started from within the private sector. Why is it we always get the political crap (Fanny Mea & Freddy Mac , which is only a small part of the cause).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    No.. someone is not investigating

Some fat delusional prick with an extreme bias is looking to make another fictional movie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    :lol:

Good one, I m no fan either of his movies. He likes to exaggerate too much.

But now about the question, isn't their any real investigations of other journalists that have shown anything? This shit has been going on for so long, how come so many of those corporate guys are keeping their mouth shut? I think this letter makes some good points (but I m not saying that his movie will): if you are a "good" american then you have an obligation to inform the people about what exactly (in the private sector) caused this. The private sector isn't free of guilt when we talk about this whole crisis, they were the ones that were supposed to "self-regulate".

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    This guy is such a prick.

I bet you douchebags like Sealy and Chris think he is a true american hero for his movies and pointing out "the truth"

5. michiganFats

michiganFats BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Lol! Michael Moore really is a delusional shitbird.

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    I would have to assume there are some people investigating this.. it's too big a story for some investigative journalists (real ones) not to be delving into this

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    <sarcasm>

I can't wait until Michael Moore investigates the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress for pushing this mindnumbing 'stimulus' bill. That'll be great!

</sarcasm>

8. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Perhaps we shoud all e-mail him and ask him.

9. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    What makes you think this started from within the private sector? Didn't it start with the financial deregulation bills passed by the Democratic House and signed by Clinton in 1999 and 2000? Didn't it start with the Fed creating the real estate bubble by keeping interest rates too low for too long? Didn't it start with the regulatory agencies and the Congress not wanting to interfere with the creation and sales of derivatives because, as Geithner pointed out:

http://www.financialstability.gov/docs/fact-sheet.pdf

Moore is a propagandist, not an investigator. We all know whom he will blame without seeing his film. Why would you turn to Moore for answers instead of Geithner?

TG-18: Secretary Geithner Introduces Financial Stability Plan

The truth is that beginning in the early 1990's nearly everyone in business and government believed our economy needed as much abundant, cheap credit as we could find if we were to prosper. To that end, the Fed kept interest rates as low as it could without causing inflation and financial regulations were removed in the late 1990's in order to allow the financial industry to create new sources of capital and credit. If we start hanging people who are responsible for this, Washington will become almost empty, although to be fair, the failures of those in government were well intentioned, and few in the private sector would be held responsible because with only a few exceptions, they did what was expected of them when the financial regulations were removed in the late 1990's.

10. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I keep imagining someone in in 2012 making a fahrenheit 9/11 style film about Obama. what content would go into it?