will you go see your rep in person now?

do you think this nutter went to this event with a gun to put a bullet in them or to put a bullet in this congressperson?

Was he the target?

was he the one this person chose this event to put in his cross hairs?

do you think this nutter went to this event with a gun to put a bullet in them or to put a bullet in this congressperson?

Is the judge any less dead because he was not a Democrat?

How about that little 9 year old? Less dead?

It is not all about you, truth. I know you want it to be - but it is not.

My rep wouldn't dare show his face in my end of the District, he owes too many people too much money. :lol:

And I'm sure not going to travel to see him. So it's a non-issue for me.

Thats the point.

It will effect democrats much more than republicans.

I know you dont care that democrats are going to be much more greatly effected by this violence.

What you don't know about me, even though it's public record all over this board, would fill an encyclopedia.

I don't know that any one party will be affected more than the other by any copycats or other escalation in craziness. What were the political affiliations of the people who were killed in Arizona? Do we even know? Do only members of their own party attend their public gatherings or go see them in person? Was that 9-year-old child a Democrat?

Talk of security for public events isn't necessarily to protect the Representatives. It's to protect the public just as much if not more.

I haven't seen so much as a rural high school football game in years that didn't have some sort of security presence, even if it was just a local uniformed cop hanging out by the gate. Crazies come in all kinds of packages and do crazy things for all kinds of reasons.

You're not the only one on either side trying to politicize peoples' deaths for cheap points, but it's a disgusting display.

I don't think it's right to politicize this unfortunate incident. that being said...both sides already have. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

As far as the OP's question...this won't stop me from going. I have a concealed carry permit :)
Our old rep wouldnt make public appearances...the newly elected one has promised to change that. We'll see.

you keep pretending that this democrat was NOT the target, why?

As my rep, Barbara Lee, only appears at astro turf events which are highly orchestrated by the Dems, I wouldn't see her in any case.

I did try to participate in a conference call "Town Hall" last year. I had to register in advance. The plan was that I would then be called to be placed in to conference. I received that call after the "town hall" was over.

I don't think it's right to politicize this unfortunate incident. that being said...both sides already have. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

As far as the OP's question...this won't stop me from going. I have a concealed carry permit :)
Our old rep wouldnt make public appearances...the newly elected one has promised to change that. We'll see.

I warned of this type of incident months ago.

Its now happened.

the right is still more concerned with continueing to use Gun launguage in their political speach.

They care more about their gun referances than human life.

you keep pretending that this democrat was NOT the target, why?

You keep pretending that the random actions of a whack job should be the focus of our public policy.

AGAIN, he's a fucking loon and has been. This happened because the guy was mental.

From June 1, the first day of class:
"One day down and nineteen to go. We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon."

From June 10:
"As for me, Thursday means the end to week two of algebra class. It seems to be going by quickly, but then I do have three weeks to go so we'll see how I feel by then. Class isn't dull as we have a seriously disturbed student in the class, and they are trying to figure out how to get rid of him before he does something bad, but on the other hand, until he does something bad, you can't do anything about him. Needless to say, I sit by
the door."

From June 14:
"We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living crap out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."

The class's instructor, Ben McGahee, said in an interview Sunday that Loughner had been removed from class in its third or fourth week, because of repeated disruptions.

44 - Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails

I was wondering if people will be as likely to meet with thier reps at face to face events now.

Do you think this event will effect these interactions

Of course.

I rarely go, b/c I don't like crowds, but it won't keep me from going in the future.

the only change will be a larger police presents. Anything more than that would make these gatherings useless.

This event will have a chilling effect of our interactions with our reps.

To pretend that there will not be people who will deside not to go talk in person to their reps.

Democratic politicains will be far more effected

Forum List

Back