Will You Be Dressing For Halloween?

If so what as?

I have to take the kids trick-or-treating, and then put in an appearance at TWO parties that night. So yeah, I'll be dressing. I love Hallowe'en, anyway. I'll be going as a goddess, naturally. ;)

An ancient greek one?

Sort of a combo deal. I have a gauzy red dress that I made, half-fairy princess and half-greek, with gold laces, gold sandals, and a hairband with gold laurel leaves all over it.

Downside is that I'm going to freeze to death.

Oh, I finally remembered what my roommate decided he wanted to be for Hallowe'en: Captain Hammer, from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog".

Probably, but I have decided yet. I have also not decided what I want my son to be. ugh!

Dun Mommies sew elaborate costumes for wee ones anymore?

baby_costume.gif

If so what as?

A costume ball for charity is always held here at Halloween. We normally go as Lord Byron and Lady Caroline Lamb. It's fun to pretend for evening: I quote the thunder and lightening of his poetry, and she worships me insanely, as did Caroline for Byron. They both died young, tragically, he fighting for liberty in Greece and she in an asylum for the insane.

Probably, but I have decided yet. I have also not decided what I want my son to be. ugh!

Dun Mommies sew elaborate costumes for wee ones anymore?

baby_costume.gif

Define 'elaborate'.

When my son was three I had no idea what he should be. Neither did he. Hubs worked at night and I was six months pregnant so I needed something easy on/off. It was cold enough for a winter coat (only Halloween I ever remember being cold enough for a winter coat) so it had to be something I could easily put over him. I bought orange, white and yellow felt and made him a candy corn costume. Made a front and back and made straps for across his shoulders . . . like an old fashioned sandwich board. For my oldest I took a black sweat shirt and black sweat pants, took apart a store-bought cardboard skeleton and sewed it onto her clothes. Made up her face . . . excellent.

The best costumes I made were for my son because he always wanted to be something different. One year, I made a storm cloud (black poster board cloud on a slightly larger white poster board cloud to highlight/outline, yellow poster board lightening, fishing wire with tin foil rain drops) and one year he was a tornado (drew the twister with black marker on white poster board, then glued small toy farm animals, matchbox cars, etc. on it. Both of those costumes were made like the sandwich boards. Headless horseman was a good one too. Ooo, and a scarecrow. Cloths prop across the arms of a shirt and tied hay and gloves onto the ends. Spooked people because they thought those arms were real and when the hand came out from under the shirt . . . . :lol:

They weren't elaborate (I can't sew) but they were great!

I envy the Mommies and Daddies with little ones....Halloween is a perfect kiddie holiday. I made the kid's costumes, but I was a stay at home Mommy until she was in first grade. After that she was lucky to get a Christmas tree. LOL.

Parental guilt, dun leave home without it, LOL.

The Mad Hatter! Already walked around town with my hat on. The kids around town loved it, the youngest ones just stared. Best thing about being the Mad Hatter is he was crazy, or was he????

When I was about 10, I went trick or treating with friends from the neighborhood. Karen W. make her costume, a totem pole. Poster board wrapped around her whole body, even her head, eye holes cut out, the whole thing decorated as . . . .well, a totem pole. The costume was great but provided lousy visibility. So when she tripped and literally couldn't get up, Peggy G. and I laughed until we cried and then laughed some more. Like a turtle on it's back, Karen was flailing about ... it still makes me :rofl: thinking about it. Karen was not amused. :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back