Will You Admit To Being Racist?

coolhardy

Jan 24, 2017
There was a TV show I watched recently called Explorer. I don't remember what the specific program was called. I didn't watch it. Because it was mostly members of the humanoid subspecies Homo afar that were talking. And they have nothing to say that interests me. I only ever saw two that seemed to have any sense. One was a black guy who at least once a year used to show up at a Confederate memorial dressed as a Confederate soldier to honor the monument. The other was on a short interview. I can't download videos. But you can view it yourself by entering into your browser, "Black taxi driver defends wearing Swastika armband."
But I did catch a little of the end of the TV show I mentioned. The moderator of it said something that I already knew. He said, "We're all racist." Now that you know what you are, who among you has the guts to admit it to me.

You know, I won't admit to being a racist. Why? Because stupidity comes in all colors, found that out while serving in the Navy.

However..................I will admit to being prejudiced against people who don't bother to find out facts and just spew forth whatever nonsense comes to their tiny little brains.

I also have a low tolerance for bullies and mean people.

In a sense, I can see his point but I disagree in principle. We're certainly NOT all racists. We have to begin by understanding what the word "racist" means. It is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another. That's it.... nothing else is racism or can be racism.

What a lot of people misconstrue as "racism" is actually prejudice. And we all have prejudice. I may not want my kid to attend an all black school... it has nothing to do with racism. I may not prefer a black dentist... again, not racist, just a prejudice. If I go get my hair cut, I probably won't go to a black guy who mostly cuts black people's hair.... that's my preference. There is nothing inherently wrong with having preferences or prejudices. That is not necessarily racism.

• Banned
I like watching reruns of All In The Family. :)

Yes. There was a lot of "bigotry" on it showed the way the Jews wanted it presented. But that aside, what you said wasn't really answering my question.

• Banned
You know, I won't admit to being a racist. Why? Because stupidity comes in all colors, found that out while serving in the Navy.

However..................I will admit to being prejudiced against people who don't bother to find out facts and just spew forth whatever nonsense comes to their tiny little brains.

Every time I see a flock of birds, they are all the same kind of bird. Every school of fish that I ever saw were all the same kind of fish. On and on throughout the entire world of nature. But somehow, you and your un-racist ideas are right. I'm not buying it.

Also, are you referring to me as a bully or mean person? The things I say are true. That is all that should matter to you. Facts are not racism and truth is not hate.

• Banned
In a sense, I can see his point but I disagree in principle. We're certainly NOT all racists. We have to begin by understanding what the word "racist" means. It is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another. That's it.... nothing else is racism or can be racism.

What a lot of people misconstrue as "racism" is actually prejudice. And we all have prejudice. I may not want my kid to attend an all black school... it has nothing to do with racism. I may not prefer a black dentist... again, not racist, just a prejudice. If I go get my hair cut, I probably won't go to a black guy who mostly cuts black people's hair.... that's my preference. There is nothing inherently wrong with having preferences or prejudices. That is not necessarily racism.

Yes we are all racists. In a study done at Yale Universities "baby lab," they discovered that all babies are "Bigoted." Also, every time I see a flock of birds, they are all the same kind of bird. And every school of fish I ever saw were all the same kind of fish. Are they that way because they consider themselves as 'superior" and the others as "inferior?" Next, prejudice basically means to pre-judge. Well I may be "prejudging" what is is like to be a spider, but I still wouldn't want to be one.

Every time I see a flock of birds, they are all the same kind of bird. Every school of fish that I ever saw were all the same kind of fish. On and on throughout the entire world of nature. But somehow, you and your un-racist ideas are right. I'm not buying it.

Also, are you referring to me as a bully or mean person? The things I say are true. That is all that should matter to you. Facts are not racism and truth is not hate.

Guess that you've never been skin or scuba diving on a coral reef then, because if you had, you would see that those communities are pretty diverse, there are LOTS of different critters all living together in peace an harmony.

You asked the question, do I consider myself a racist or not, and I answered that I do not, because stupidity comes in all colors. During the 20 years that I served in the Navy, not only did I serve with people from all over the country who were different from me, but we all learned how to work together as a team and petty differences like skin color didn't really matter much.

Racism is defined as bigotry or prejudice against someone simply because of their ethnic group, no other reason. In order for me to not like you, you have to demonstrate that you are ignorant with no desire to learn, mean and petty, or a bully. I automatically am friendly to everyone I meet, and if they are friendly back, we can start to see if there is a friendship there. If not, I simply move on, because there are over 7 billion people on this planet, not everyone is going to like me, but also, there are over 7 billion people on this planet, and some will. Life is too short to stay around mean spirited people.

As far as what kind of person are you? Dunno, you haven't really popped up on my radar enough for me to form an opinion one way or the other about you.

But, being prejudiced or bigoted against someone just because of their ethnicity is stupid in my opinion. Why? Because if I'm prejudiced or bigoted against them, I can't learn anything from them, and they just might have the knowledge that I need at that time.

If you want me to like or dislike you, you have to earn it. Otherwise, I'm not concerned one way or the other.

Yes. There was a lot of "bigotry" on it showed the way the Jews wanted it presented. But that aside, what you said wasn't really answering my question.
My parents taught me to respect people for who they are. The color of their skin didn't matter.
I shared the vid because I remember watching the show when I was very young.

They also told me to always treat others as I would want to be treated. That's a lesson that has served me well over the years.

Guess that you've never been skin or scuba diving on a coral reef then, because if you had, you would see that those communities are pretty diverse, there are LOTS of different critters all living together in peace an harmony.

You asked the question, do I consider myself a racist or not, and I answered that I do not, because stupidity comes in all colors. During the 20 years that I served in the Navy, not only did I serve with people from all over the country who were different from me, but we all learned how to work together as a team and petty differences like skin color didn't really matter much.

Racism is defined as bigotry or prejudice against someone simply because of their ethnic group, no other reason. In order for me to not like you, you have to demonstrate that you are ignorant with no desire to learn, mean and petty, or a bully. I automatically am friendly to everyone I meet, and if they are friendly back, we can start to see if there is a friendship there. If not, I simply move on, because there are over 7 billion people on this planet, not everyone is going to like me, but also, there are over 7 billion people on this planet, and some will. Life is too short to stay around mean spirited people.

As far as what kind of person are you? Dunno, you haven't really popped up on my radar enough for me to form an opinion one way or the other about you.

But, being prejudiced or bigoted against someone just because of their ethnicity is stupid in my opinion. Why? Because if I'm prejudiced or bigoted against them, I can't learn anything from them, and they just might have the knowledge that I need at that time.

If you want me to like or dislike you, you have to earn it. Otherwise, I'm not concerned one way or the other.

Over the years, I have seen zillions of nature shows. I have seen all sorts of underwater life. And whenever they showed some school of fish, they were all the same kind of fish. But being a land animal, I have many schools of birds with my own eyes. They were all the same kind of bird. As to the rest of what you have to say, I may as well be listening to a parrot saying "Polly want a cracker?"

My parents taught me to respect people for who they are. The color of their skin didn't matter.

If you think "color of skin" is the only difference, you are hallucinating. Somebody wrote an interesting book once. Almost every page is cluttered up with reference sources. You should check it out.
Eln6MPA.jpg

Yes we are all racists. In a study done at Yale Universities "baby lab," they discovered that all babies are "Bigoted." Also, every time I see a flock of birds, they are all the same kind of bird. And every school of fish I ever saw were all the same kind of fish. Are they that way because they consider themselves as 'superior" and the others as "inferior?" Next, prejudice basically means to pre-judge. Well I may be "prejudging" what is is like to be a spider, but I still wouldn't want to be one.

Here's the thing about that... fish and birds have relatively small craniums with tiny brains incapable of complex thought and cognizance. If you wish to aspire to such a small and limited intellectualism, I can't do much for you. Humans, for the most part, are much more developed in their thoughts. One thing we have that other creatures don't is an awareness of spirit. Through our awareness of spirit we understand that we're all part of one race, the human race.

Now... to tackle you analogy further... when you examine each of the fish or birds in a school, you will find they are all different in their DNA structure. No two living organisms are identical. Some will live longer, some will produce more offspring, some will be better hunters, some will be faster or slower. If you travel to Africa in the jungle wild, you will find an assortment of creatures living together. They've been this way for hundreds of thousands of years. If any one species were superior, that would be the only species to survive because they would have eliminated all other species over time. But the species all have their own attributes which enable them to survive and coexist.

Again... racism is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to others. This is a developed thought process that doesn't happen naturally. It is a learned behavior. Prejudice is preference. That is inherent in everyone. Prejudice combined with ignorance can produce Racism.

If you think "color of skin" is the only difference, you are hallucinating. Somebody wrote an interesting book once. Almost every page is cluttered up with reference sources. You should check it out.
Eln6MPA.jpg
I respect people for who they are. I'm not going to treat someone like a criminal because the stats say they could be.

Here's the thing about that... fish and birds have relatively small craniums with tiny brains incapable of complex thought and cognizance. If you wish to aspire to such a small and limited intellectualism, I can't do much for you. Humans, for the most part, are much more developed in their thoughts. One thing we have that other creatures don't is an awareness of spirit. Through our awareness of spirit we understand that we're all part of one race, the human race.

Now... to tackle you analogy further... when you examine each of the fish or birds in a school, you will find they are all different in their DNA structure. No two living organisms are identical. Some will live longer, some will produce more offspring, some will be better hunters, some will be faster or slower. If you travel to Africa in the jungle wild, you will find an assortment of creatures living together. They've been this way for hundreds of thousands of years. If any one species were superior, that would be the only species to survive because they would have eliminated all other species over time. But the species all have their own attributes which enable them to survive and coexist.

Again... racism is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to others. This is a developed thought process that doesn't happen naturally. It is a learned behavior. Prejudice is preference. That is inherent in everyone. Prejudice combined with ignorance can produce Racism.

Rarely have I seen such a load of crap. We are animals. Regardless of brain size. We operate by the same rules. Any "intellectual thought" that goes against it is just somebody trying to sell you a load of shit. Next, "race" is just a politically correct way of saying 'species." You then move on to some glaring stupidity by talking about DNA. I said that the flocks of birds and the schools of fish were the same kinds of creatures. Not the same creatures! Of course there is going to be a slight variation in the DNA of the individuals in the flock or school.

You then move on to more crap about the superiority of some species in surviving. That wasn't the point. The point was that for birds that flock together or fish that school together, they don't do it because in some small way they view themselves as superior and some other similar species as being inferior. They do it because it is just the right thing to do. Humans should do the same. And they do. And they always will. Human history is full of instances of one group trying to take something away from another group. Only a severely brainwashed and deluded fool would actually allow it to happen. I have even seen time lapse photography of fucking coral fighting it out. Tell me you have at least as much sense as coral.

Forum List

Back