Will US conscription be the answer to WAR ON TERROR?

Redhots said:
Rule #1 of Military-industrial complex, no drafts.

A draft for the current situation in Iraq would effectivly end the whole thing right then and there.

Its all fine and well when its just the poor or volunteers dying in a war, but when conscripted middle class kids start coming home in body bags more and more people start to demand a damn good reason for the cost.

This administration doesn't have one, just like others didn't have one for Vietnam 30 some years ago.

Infact just about every president after Eisenhower has lied this country into some bullshit war or conflict that was tolorated for the most part since they didn't make the mistake of enacting a draft.

That's a real nice theory. I just have one, teency-weency little problem with it ....

The military is ALREADY made up of mostly middle-class people.

And I guess you're going to jump on the psychoblah bandwagon and go for that Vietnam comparison, huh?

The similarities are simple. As they did then, the left has tried at every step to derail a victory in Iraq because local, National political victory is FAR more important to you selfish pricks than the fate of a Nation and its people.

Draft? We don't need no draft.

A draft is to infuse large numbers at the expense of quality. A draft returns to the days of Divisions on line shooting straight up the middle.

A draft (at least the VN version) is divisive. IF you are going to have conscription it needs to be all hands, all feet, and every set of dogtags. College deferment, means that you are deferring college not the other way around.

Finally, I won't say that draftees are or are not good troops. I will say that you cannot hold them to the same standards as an all volunteer force due to the sheer logistics of induction, training, assignments, and optempo.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
pegwinn said:
Draft? We don't need no draft.

A draft is to infuse large numbers at the expense of quality. A draft returns to the days of Divisions on line shooting straight up the middle.

A draft (at least the VN version) is divisive. IF you are going to have conscription it needs to be all hands, all feet, and every set of dogtags. College deferment, means that you are deferring college not the other way around.

Finally, I won't say that draftees are or are not good troops. I will say that you cannot hold them to the same standards as an all volunteer force due to the sheer logistics of induction, training, assignments, and optempo.
ITA....

OF course, the lefties/libs would LOVE to have a draft simply because it is so divisive.

That's what they cant stand... It's that our military is ALL volunteer...

They cant make another 60s Vietnam out of this war...That really breaks their hearts....

Look at the P. poofy, or p. diddly, or p daddies, whatever his name is today..

Look at what he named there campaign for the M.t.V group...

VOTE OR DIE...........

Now if that wasn't a typical Democrat piece of bull.......
Scare the shit out of them, to try to get them out to vote...

And who was the one who tried to bring the draft vote up....The Reeeeeevvvern Alie Sharpton....DEMOCRAT.... And then he even voted against it..

You have to be aware of the Democrats tricks, and there are many...

Why? Because they KNOW they will lose for what it is they stand for...

You can dress up a pig in a dress and add lipstick to it, but it's still just a PIG..

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Stephanie said:
That's what they cant stand... It's that our military is ALL volunteer...

They cant make another 60s Vietnam out of this war...That really breaks their hearts....

Look at the P. poofy, or p. diddly, or p daddies, whatever his name is today..

Look at what he named there campaign for the M.t.V group...

VOTE OR DIE...........

Now if that wasn't a typical Democrat piece of bull.......
Scare the shit out of them, to try to get them out to vote...

And who was the one who tried to bring the draft vote up....The Reeeeeevvvern Alie Sharpton....DEMOCRAT.... And then he even voted against it..

You have to be aware of the Democrats tricks, and there are many...

Why? Because they KNOW they will lose for what it is they stand for...

You can dress up a pig in a dress and add lipstick to it, but it's still just a PIG..

:thewave:

Good marines have common sense and you don't demostrate any. Get out of your little closed in World and get yourself an education about human exploitation, nationalistic endeavor and religious paranoia. Maybe then you just might be a Good Marine.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
I'm sitting here looking at the response to the post you quoted and I can't help notice the obvious irrelevancy, culminated by a personal attack, in your statement.

First and foremost, I was NEVER a soldier. I AM a US Marine, and you're damned-straight I was a damned-good one on active duty. And I'll STILL run YOUR dick in the dirt any day.

As a matter of fact, I was as good a Marine as YOU are a fucktard.

Second, would you PLEASE make up your f-ing mind? Once you served on active duty -- then you served in "all the branches," -- then you didn't serve in any specific military branch, just worked with all three; which, brings us back to square one and you claiming to have combat experience.

You'll just have to excuse the Hell out of me for thinking you are nothing more than a liar and a fraud, attempting to pass yoursefl off as a vet because in your very simple mind you believe that justifies your rants.

What I know about Vietnam is the US military did not lose that war. The loony left, of which you are one, forced our Government to abandon an ally by coming pretty close to causing another civil war here at home. There was no instant gratification for the "easy road" lefties, so the lies and propaganda and violent protests against violence began. Y'all managed to snatch defeat from victory simply because you were too pussy to finish what you started.

This thread is a perfect example. Has any government official put for ANY legislation at the National level requesting reinstatement, or even investigating reinstatement of mandatory conscription?

No. The only people even bringing it up are extremist left-wingnuts, throwing shit against the wall to see if it'll stick.

IF or WHEN our government decides to revisit the pro's -n- con's of the draft, I will THEN be concerned. Until then, you're just another loony lefty alarmist trying to start shit without a clue.

Psychoblues said:
Good marines have common sense and you don't demostrate any. Get out of your little closed in World and get yourself an education about human exploitation, nationalistic endeavor and religious paranoia. Maybe then you just might be a Good Marine.

Psychoblues
Who the hell are you to judge anyone especially on their level of common sense? You personally have no basis on which to determine whether ANY individual is a good Marine or not. Don't start on the "I fought in every war and in every service" crap either. we already know you are lying there.

IMO the administration is doing what it can to keep the 'war' confined to Iran/Afghanistan and special ops other places. That is what they would like it to remain, for the time being. There is no call for a draft from any quarters, outside of the far left as a political threat.

Unfortunately, the enemy may have different ideas, ala the past 2 weeks in ME. IF Iran decides that what has been going on over there, whether Hizbollah surprised them or not, the war could expand. IF that were to happen, IF Iran or NK were to become literally involved, it might be necessary to quickly up the numbers in the military.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Are you always this dumb and I didn't notice....... or is today a special occasion? I would say that judging from this and the few other posts of yours I have read, you need to get that education you go on about. And this is coming from someone who didn't go to college.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

My record states otherwise, jackass. Simple as that.

Your every post speaks for what you're all about. Nothing. Simple as that.

I have a simple request for your computer: PLEASE DIE.

Just what the f**k is your record, gunny? You go on and on, even threatening me personally, asking repeatedly for priveleged information and you consider yourself smart? Give me your record and your name and address. We can discuss all this face to face without fear of outside intervention.

You told me earlier that you could be found at Lackland AFB, Texas. Are you at Wilford Hall getting your nuts removed from your chin? How was the Air Force in any way responsible for that predicament?

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
My record states otherwise, jackass. Simple as that.

Your every post speaks for what you're all about. Nothing. Simple as that.

I have a simple request for your computer: PLEASE DIE.

Psychoblues said:
Just what the f**k is your record, gunny? You go on and on, even threatening me personally, asking repeatedly for priveleged information and you consider yourself smart? Give me your record and your name and address. We can discuss all this face to face without fear of outside intervention.

You told me earlier that you could be found at Lackland AFB, Texas. Are you at Wilford Hall getting your nuts removed from your chin? How was the Air Force in any way responsible for that predicament?

Psychoblues

Get a grip, dickhead. Can you even read?

I have not ONCE asked for you to disclose ANY personal information. In fact, it is the single point I have defended you on.

Two, I made no personal threat. You threatened another poster. I just offered you the opportunity to expand your threat to me, and follow through with it instead of just blowing hot air, as usual.

Further, you have in fact threatened me when I first joined this board. I chose to ignore it.

Three, I never said I could be found at Lackland AFB. I offered to arrange a meeting there to allow you the opportunity to let your bumblebee ass follow through on the shit your alligator mouth was talking.

Last, please do not concern yourself with my nuts and where they may or may not be.

Your post is just a perfect example of how simple comprehension of the English language is obviously beyond your grasp.

I think this is probably about as close to an apology as you can muster, gunny. I could go on and on about your incessant name calling and evermore senseless responses but I'm going to follow your lead in this and suggest that we both tone down the personal rhetoric.

God Bless America, God Bless our Armed Forces, but I still say that I just can't believe that God will ever bless jerks like GWB or anything like him. He does not represent any idea that I ever had of America.

Psychoblues

Get a grip, dickhead. Can you even read?

I have not ONCE asked for you to disclose ANY personal information. In fact, it is the single point I have defended you on.

Two, I made no personal threat. You threatened another poster. I just offered you the opportunity to expand your threat to me, and follow through with it instead of just blowing hot air, as usual.

Further, you have in fact threatened me when I first joined this board. I chose to ignore it.

Three, I never said I could be found at Lackland AFB. I offered to arrange a meeting there to allow you the opportunity to let your bumblebee ass follow through on the shit your alligator mouth was talking.

Last, please do not concern yourself with my nuts and where they may or may not be.

Your post is just a perfect example of how simple comprehension of the English language is obviously beyond your grasp.

Forum List

Back