Will Trump Keep His Promise RE: Lowering Drug Prices?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Arianrhod, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,685
    Here's one topic on which just about every American (except Big Pharma shareholders) can agree:

Democrats seek Trump's cooperation on drug price reform

...he did talk about allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices, which is currently prohibited by law, and importing cheaper drugs from other countries. Since elected, Trump promised in an interview with Time magazine that "I'm going to bring down drug prices" but did not say how.

Will he follow through?

2. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,849
    I suspect so.

3. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,679
    I hope so. To me, that is one of the most important things we could do about our healthcare.

4. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,679
    Not to mention I thought cost was the main driver for healthcare totalitarianism

5. Eaglewings

Eaglewings Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,414
    These political people are not going to interfere with the Big Pharma..... They don't care about your healthcare, or how much it costs, I can almost promise you that it is not going to happen...

6. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,326
    Other countries subsidize Pharma.............to lower costs.........costs a lot of money to due so, but attacks the problem directly...unless Pharma just raises it's prices again...............

I've never seen an Insurance Company perform Surgery in their office.........they are nothing more than middle men who make profit on people getting treatment.........Obamacare was written by them and prices continue to skyrocket............so the left can proclaim the only answer is Single Payer Gov't care.........It was designed to fail.....and is failing..................

Prices have dramatically gone up........Insurance Companies are leaving the marketplace.........it is a failure................and needs to be replaced.........the solution is direct targetting funds on the high costs areas of hospital care and drugs.............attacking the problem directly......not via insurance companies.

7. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    Government price controls are actually very contentious. Hardly something 'just about every American can agree' on .