Will Trump Keep His Promise RE: Lowering Drug Prices?

Arianrhod

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
Here's one topic on which just about every American (except Big Pharma shareholders) can agree:

Democrats seek Trump's cooperation on drug price reform

...he did talk about allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices, which is currently prohibited by law, and importing cheaper drugs from other countries. Since elected, Trump promised in an interview with Time magazine that "I'm going to bring down drug prices" but did not say how.

Will he follow through?

I hope so. To me, that is one of the most important things we could do about our healthcare.

Not to mention I thought cost was the main driver for healthcare totalitarianism

These political people are not going to interfere with the Big Pharma..... They don't care about your healthcare, or how much it costs, I can almost promise you that it is not going to happen...

Other countries subsidize Pharma.............to lower costs.........costs a lot of money to due so, but attacks the problem directly...unless Pharma just raises it's prices again...............

I've never seen an Insurance Company perform Surgery in their office.........they are nothing more than middle men who make profit on people getting treatment.........Obamacare was written by them and prices continue to skyrocket............so the left can proclaim the only answer is Single Payer Gov't care.........It was designed to fail.....and is failing..................

Prices have dramatically gone up........Insurance Companies are leaving the marketplace.........it is a failure................and needs to be replaced.........the solution is direct targetting funds on the high costs areas of hospital care and drugs.............attacking the problem directly......not via insurance companies.

Forum List

Back