Will Trump end up alienating his core support?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Trump, after Republican pledge, breaks from pack on Iran, gay marriage

Trump's core support are right wing Republicans.

Generally they are against the Iran deal. Trump has said he would work with it.

Generally they are in favor of Kim Davis' defying of the the US Constitution. Trump has said she should obey the law.

""We are a nation of laws," Trump said. "The decision's been made, and that's the law of the land.""

Trump also was more positive towards accepting refugees from Syria, when core Republican support is anti-Muslim and anti-immigration, which would be both of these.

So, will Trump lose his core support before the primaries simply because he's just not actually that right wing?

This whole thing has bizarre it's impossible to predict.

Here's what I'm thinking: I saw a poll where the only Republican who beats Trump head-to-head is Carson, and it was by quite a bit. Well, as the other candidates begin to get out of the race, theoretically their supporters are more likely to go to Carson than to Trump. Carson is pure, straight ahead conservative, Trump is freakin' everywhere.

That could be the turning point. Maybe.

I don't think so , whats better than Trump at least if you take his words on illegal immigration , rebuilding the military and guarding the borders seriously . And that just 3 reasons that I'll support Trump but they are enough . I mean 'jebito' and the other rinos can't compete with Trump . Cruz perhaps but if Cruz gets the nomination , well I as a Trump supporter will support Cruz 'FWierdo' !! No other 'rino' will get my support or vote !!

Generally they are in favor of Kim Davis' defying of the the US Constitution. Trump has said she should obey the law.

""We are a nation of laws," Trump said. "The decision's been made, and that's the law of the land.""

Trump also was more positive towards accepting refugees from Syria, when core Republican support is anti-Muslim and anti-immigration, which would be both of these.

So, will Trump lose his core support before the primaries simply because he's just not actually that right wing?

:dunno:

I suspect that the bulk of his core are not social conservatives because he would have alienated them earlier with his bogus nonsense about the wine and the crackers.

Instead I think that they are more fiscal conservatives that mindlessly hate government. The "keep your government hands off my medicare" idiots.

So he won't lose them unless he starts talking about raising taxes.

uknews? okey dokey we are now having our news translated by foreigners.

Here's what I'm thinking: I saw a poll where the only Republican who beats Trump head-to-head is Carson, and it was by quite a bit. Well, as the other candidates begin to get out of the race, theoretically their supporters are more likely to go to Carson than to Trump. Carson is pure, straight ahead conservative, Trump is freakin' everywhere.

It is bad enough pinning T-Rump down on policy positions. So far what little I have heard about Carson's position are just weird. Not sure what else he has to offer.

Thing with Carson , Carson beats Trump but I hear that its just one poll , Monmouth to be precise . Thoughts are that this poll is 'fos' and is being pushed by the 'gop' . Besides that , Carson while being a nice man is just not my style on immigration and other issues and i won't support him Mac .

I suspect that the bulk of his core are not social conservatives because he would have alienated them earlier with his bogus nonsense about the wine and the crackers.

Instead I think that they are more fiscal conservatives that mindlessly hate government. The "keep your government hands off my medicare" idiots.

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare" LOL. Explains a lot.

It is bad enough pinning T-Rump down on policy positions. So far what little I have heard about Carson's position are just weird. Not sure what else he has to offer.
From what I've seen, the Dems would be able to point at some pretty wild comments.

seems to me he did quite well in that interview-----for the majority of USA voters

So, will Trump ose his core support before the primaries simply because he's just not actually that right wing?

The core support that Donald Trump has are extreme right wing nut cases. They are ONE issue voters. In 2012 it was abortion and who's paying for birth control pills--LOL They could give a rats ass about about his opinions on any other policies. The legalities of what this Kentucky clerk did, that he wants to raise taxes, or that he bashed Republicans in 2012 for their loss, stating that they were too mean spirited toward illegals as their reason for losing.
2012 FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Said GOP Was Too ‘Mean-Spirited’ Towards Illegal Immigrants

They are the far Christian right in many cases that are attracted to hateful rhetoric, toward groups that are different from them. It's all about the WALL and that's all they're going to think about-- ONLY THAT-- until we lose in November 2016, because of his hateful rhetoric. They don't care that he can't answer any other questions, or what his policies have been--it's the WALL--the WALL--the WALL.

I even had one--that wanted me to read the BIBLE--a verse that talked about a wall in the bible. This is the mentality the rest of us are dealing with.

Funny, but I don't think that Jesus Christ would consider this type of hate to be a desirable Christian trait, but by golly they're "good Christians."

sack_0.jpg

Last edited:

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare" LOL. Explains a lot.

I never made that up!

upload_2015-9-4_10-49-47.png

upload_2015-9-4_10-50-9.png

upload_2015-9-4_10-50-27.png

upload_2015-9-4_10-50-42.png

upload_2015-9-4_10-50-59.png

upload_2015-9-4_10-51-22.png

Push will come to shove when true conservatives have That Intervention Moment when the realize that indeed Donald is a huge big government Progressive Statists.

Political assumptions are a dangerous thing but lefties live on assumption. I don't recall any analysis of Trump's so-called "core" support probably because he doesn't have a core. People like the straightforward way he speaks even if they don't totally agree with everything he says. Trump's support certainly isn't strictly among the so-called "right wing" of the republican party. It runs through a broad spectrum and it remains to be seen if it will hold up under the assault by practically the entire media.

You're a piece of shit liar.

Trump called the Iran nuclear agreement "a disastrous deal" and "a horrible contract," but said he would work with it.

That's not the same as "he would work with it" you piece of shit.

Republicans do not stand for defying the US Constitution you dumb ass.

Republicans are not anti-Muslim or anti-immigration you stupid lying dumb ass piece of shit.

The problem is that you guys have this erroneous perception of Trumps supporters. You believe it, you won't listen to those who try to tell you otherwise and you make assumptions based on your erroneous belief. Then you scratch your heads wondering why things don't work out the way you think think they should.

He's right about the law. I hate many laws but I follow them.

I'd have to read for myself what he said about Syria.

I don't think so , whats better than Trump at least if you take his words on illegal immigration , rebuilding the military and guarding the borders seriously . And that just 3 reasons that I'll support Trump but they are enough . I mean 'jebito' and the other rinos can't compete with Trump . Cruz perhaps but if Cruz gets the nomination , well I as a Trump supporter will support Cruz 'FWierdo' !! No other 'rino' will get my support or vote !!
"Working with" the Iran deal does NOT mean you accept their deal. It means you accept the idea NOT what Kerry traded for.

Forum List

Back