Will Tokenism save the GOP?

Nope they feared Direct or pure democracy.

history isnt your strong suit

And I said something different you dishonest hack moron?

Honesty aint your strong suit.

I don't think you have any strong suits.

dear idiot, there is no such thing as simple democracy.

The label is Pure or Direct NOT simple

You may be label bound, you simple-minded dishonest bullshit artist.

But here in the real world, words have meaning. And in the real world, YOU are wrong again. There is such a thing as a simple Democracy -- even if a fuckwit like you doesn't know it.

In the meanwhile, shit bird, it's ok to admit that you were wrong. It's what an adult (and a basically honest person) would do.

Naturally, you won't.

I favor elements of both, as we have now. A representative democratic republic.

We have a Constitutionally LIMITED republican form of government.
One can argue about nomenclature, I like the form the US has now; individuals can be placed, policies changed.

One may indeed argue over nomenclature.

But that does not mean that all terms are equal.

Idiots and dishonest trolls like TDM insist that we live in a democracy. We don't.

We live within a Republic.

And while there is some truth to the claim that our Republic has elements of democracy in it, that is not the same thing as living in a democracy.

Words have meaning. Sometimes, in fact, words have power.

Obviously, this is not the case when morons like TDM refuse to be honest about them.

One can argue about nomenclature, I like the form the US has now; individuals can be placed, policies changed.

One may indeed argue over nomenclature.

We live within a Republic.

And while there is some truth to the claim that our Republic has elements of democracy in it, that is not the same thing as living in a democracy.
AGREED.:clap2:

If the GOP has any chance to win back the White House they will need to become the party of the big tent in deed not word. Don't expect the VP nominee to be a white male; of course one must expect the party leaders learned a lesson in 2008 and the person will be vetted up, down and sideways.

Will Tokenism save the GOP? Not likely, for picking the VP nominee based solely on sex or ethnicity will be rightly seen by the majority of voters as what it is, pandering.

It worked for the Democrats with Papa Obama

Our national founders feared simple Democracy.

I favor republicanism.

A representative government where the representatives are dependent on 'donations' to maintain their employment is the problem.

There is good reason for the founders to fear simple (or direct) democracy; the way the initiative process is operating in California is a great example of why the founders established a republic. The initiative along with the referendum and recall have been abused and that abuse will only get worse now that CU v FEC is the law of the land.

If the GOP has any chance to win back the White House they will need to become the party of the big tent in deed not word. Don't expect the VP nominee to be a white male; of course one must expect the party leaders learned a lesson in 2008 and the person will be vetted up, down and sideways.

Will Tokenism save the GOP? Not likely, for picking the VP nominee based solely on sex or ethnicity will be rightly seen by the majority of voters as what it is, pandering.

It worked for the Democrats with Papa Obama

You may have a point

After seeing what a dismal failure electing one of the most under qualified and over hyped people for President

The American voter has probably had enough of this kind of tokenism promoted by the
Left for it to be of any use for the right

A representative government where the representatives are dependent on 'donations' to maintain their employment is the problem.

There is good reason for the founders to fear simple (or direct) democracy; the way the initiative process is operating in California is a great example of why the founders established a republic. The initiative along with the referendum and recall have been abused and that abuse will only get worse now that CU v FEC is the law of the land.

Our representative republic is subject to the abuse of greedy and dishonorable men. And all of our contrivances will not rectify that problem. What is required remains the same. First, institutional checks and balances. Then, an elevated level of transparency in the process. And then, but not necessarily least important, close scrutiny by the public and public prosecutors.

There ARE indeed good reasons for the Founders and Framers to have feared simple democracy. They saw the dangers of a tyrannical majority for example. This is part of the reason we established a Constitutionally limited form of Republic with built in safeguards.

Too bad dopes like TDM can't get a handle on that.

Our representative republic is subject to the abuse of greedy and dishonorable men. And all of our contrivances will not rectify that problem. What is required remains the same. First, institutional checks and balances. Then, an elevated level of transparency in the process. And then, but not necessarily least important, close scrutiny by the public and public prosecutors.

There ARE indeed good reasons for the Founders and Framers to have feared simple democracy. They saw the dangers of a tyrannical majority for example. This is part of the reason we established a Constitutionally limited form of Republic with built in safeguards.
Also true; unless all forms of advertising are eliminated, money will always be necessary to campaign. Allocating resources from taxpayers for "public funding" is not a solution, nor Constitutional, I BELIEVE.

Too bad dopes like TDM can't get a handle on that.

The problems of greedy and dishonorable men can be mitigated though never eliminated from the political process. Anonymity is one of the greatest ills and one most easily controlled.

Anyone who secretly makes a donation, offers a tit for tat, who promises anything for a vote has committed a felony. Fines for conviction will be nothing to the very wealthy. We punish people in our country in one of two ways. Fines or a loss of liberty - maybe we need to add one more sanction for those who fuck with out system of electing public officials or passing laws. A loss of the franchise, to vote, to hold elective or appointed office and a loss of their freedom.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Tokenism? Really?

You want to link to this quote. I know Biden can put his foot in his mouth, but I'd like to see a primary source for this quote.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Tokenism? Really?

You want to link to this quote. I know Biden can put his foot in his mouth, but I'd like to see a primary source for this quote.

I'm sure even you have heard the quote. A quick google search yields "About 1,100,000 results (0.21 seconds) "
How about a video?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3rKpYT3kxw]Clean & Articulate - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back