CDZ Will this law help stop mass public shooters?

Here is my proposal....we pass a federal law that states that mass public shooters must....must, pause 5 seconds between each and every shot during a mass public shooting.

Keep in mind, I offer this suggestion for this law knowing that it will be just as effective as the other laws that have been proposed since the Florida shooting...

-- Raising the age to buy rifles to 21 (the average age of mass shooters is 33-34)

-- Banning AR-15 rifles (the worst mass school shooting was done with 2 pistols)

-- banning 10 round magazines ( the Florida shooting, the Santa Barbara shooting, Columbine, and Virginia tech...the shooters used 10 round magazines or multiple guns)

So...how does everyone feel about limiting the time between shots during a mass shooting to 5 seconds? Should the time be longer...say 10 seconds...or is it wrong to limit the shots to 5 and should it be lowered to 3 or less?

sooooo... there shouldn't be laws against murder either, right? you know, since the laws don't stop all murders.

silliest argument ever. and btw, we don't know because the NRA lobbied to prevent the CDC to study gun deaths any longer.

And everytime you guys bring out that talking point it is just as stupid.....

We don't stop people before they commit murder.......we arrest them after they commit the murder or while they are in the act.

We can already do the same for gun crime...if you are using a gun to commit a rape, robbery or even a murder...we already have the laws that allow us to arrest you.

What you guys are trying to do is from the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report." You want to stop criminals before they commit the crime....well...actually, you want to hassle and prevent normal, law abiding people who don't commit any crime from owning guns, while you keep letting actual gun criminals out of jail, over and over again.

Here is my proposal....we pass a federal law that states that mass public shooters must....must, pause 5 seconds between each and every shot during a mass public shooting.

Keep in mind, I offer this suggestion for this law knowing that it will be just as effective as the other laws that have been proposed since the Florida shooting...

-- Raising the age to buy rifles to 21 (the average age of mass shooters is 33-34)

-- Banning AR-15 rifles (the worst mass school shooting was done with 2 pistols)

-- banning 10 round magazines ( the Florida shooting, the Santa Barbara shooting, Columbine, and Virginia tech...the shooters used 10 round magazines or multiple guns)

So...how does everyone feel about limiting the time between shots during a mass shooting to 5 seconds? Should the time be longer...say 10 seconds...or is it wrong to limit the shots to 5 and should it be lowered to 3 or less?

sooooo... there shouldn't be laws against murder either, right? you know, since the laws don't stop all murders.

silliest argument ever. and btw, we don't know because the NRA lobbied to prevent the CDC to study gun deaths any longer.

The CDC point is a lie.....told to you by anti gunners who keep lying when they tell it to you...

No, The Government Is Not 'Banned' From Studying Gun Violence

Absolutely nothing in the amendment prohibits the CDC from studying “gun violence,” even if this narrowly focused topic tells us little. In response to this inconvenient fact, gun controllers will explain that while there isn’t an outright ban, the Dickey amendment has a “chilling” effect on the study of gun violence.

Does it? Pointing out that “research plummeted after the 1996 ban” could just as easily tell us that most research funded by the CDC had been politically motivated. Because the idea that the CDC, whose spectacular mission creep has taken it from its primary goal of preventing malaria and other dangerous communicable diseases, to spending hundreds of millions of dollars nagging you about how much salt you put on your steaks or how often you do calisthenics, is nervous about the repercussions of engaging in non-partisan research is hard to believe.

Also unlikely is the notion that a $2.6 million cut in funding so horrified the agency that it was rendered powerless to pay for or conduct studies on gun violence. The CDC funding tripled from 1996 to 2010. The CDC’s budget is over six billion dollars today.

And the idea that the CDC was paralyzed through two-years of full Democratic Party control, and then six years under a president who was more antagonistic towards the Second Amendment than any other in history, is difficult to believe, because it’s provably false.

In 2013, President Barack Obama not only signed an Executive Order directing the CDC to research “gun violence,” the administration also provided an additional $10 million to do it. Here is the study on gun violence that was supposedly banned and yet funded by the CDC. You might not have heard about the resulting research, because it contains numerous inconvenient facts about gun ownership that fails to propel the predetermined narrative. Trump’s HHS Secretary Alex Azar is also open to the idea of funding more gun violence research.

It’s not banned. It’s not chilled.

Meanwhile, numerous states and private entities fund peer-reviewed studies and other research on gun violence. I know this because gun control advocates are constantly sending me studies that distort and conflate issues to help them make their arguments. My inbox is bombarded with studies and conferences and “webinars” dissecting gun violence.

The real problem here is two-fold. One, researchers want the CDC involved so they can access government data about American gun owners. Considering the rhetoric coming from Democrats — gun ownership being tantamount to terrorism, and so on — there’s absolutely no reason Republicans should acquiesce to helping gun controllers circumvent the privacy of Americans citizens peacefully practicing their Constitutional rights.

Second, gun control advocates want to lift the ban on politically skewed research because they’re interested in producing politically skewed research. When the American Medical Association declares gun violence a “public health crisis,” it’s not interested in a balance look at the issue. When researchers advocate lifting the restrictions on advocacy at the CDC, they don’t even pretend they not to hold pre-conceived notions about the outcomes.

-------

There’s no reason to allow activists — then or now — to use the veneer of state-sanctioned science for their partisan purposes. For example, we now know that Rosenberg and others at the CDC turned out to be wrong about the correlation between guns and crime — a steep drop in gun crimes coincided with the explosions of gun ownership from 1996 to 2014.

I think we need to quit trying to restrict the single most important, God-given right that has ever been codified, the Second Amendment. Some people like to trot it out when it fits them, but then point the finger at other groups. This is bullshit. We need to quit trying to restrict any gun access to felons, the insane, children, etc.. Because the 2A is pretty clear cut. If a paranoid schizophrenic with violent fantasies who just got out of prison after serving time for violent crimes, and has now expressed admiration for ISIS, so desires, he should be able to walk into a store, and 5 minutes later, walk out with a full-auto, an RPG, and a FIM-92 Stinger. Denying this is an infringement on the 2A, and should not be tolerated.
They should rewrite the first and second. The First adm, should be written that reporter with any newspaper has to verify the truth in his report or he shall be fined 5k for each violation.
and or appear on Fox news to tell the truth. Seems the newspapers will cut down to two pages.

WHY NO GUN VIOLENCE AT MY PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE?

Regarding America's Culture of Gun Violence that did not exist when I was a kid in the 60-70s attending a Long Island, NY public high school with a shooting team that practiced their shooting skills and competed against other public school shooting teams in the gun/rifle range located in our school's basement.

I am curious to learn who is RESPONSIBLE for raising, nurturing & socializing perfectly HEALTHY American newborns maturing into depressed, sometimes violent, suicidal, homicidal teen and adult citizens largely lacking compassion, empathy & respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors?

"My mother was cancer, she would destroy EVERYBODY" ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Richard Kuklinsky

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks EVERYONE" ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur

"I would have never been able to do this [violence research] work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor, Professor Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D

GUNVIOLENCERichardKu.jpg

Peace.

Regarding America's Culture of Gun Violence that did not exist when I was a kid in the 60-70s attending a Long Island, NY public high school with a shooting team that practiced their shooting skills and competed against other public school shooting teams in the gun/rifle range located in our school's basement.

I am curious to learn who is RESPONSIBLE for raising, nurturing & socializing perfectly HEALTHY American newborns maturing into depressed, sometimes violent, suicidal, homicidal teen and adult citizens largely lacking compassion, empathy & respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors?

"My mother was cancer, she would destroy EVERYBODY" ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Richard Kuklinsky

"The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks EVERYONE" ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur

"I would have never been able to do this [violence research] work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor, Professor Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D

GUNVIOLENCERichardKu.jpg

Peace.
If you think about it the bombers, shooter and others are in need of Medical attention. Mental illness was over ridden in the 70 s when the Court Rules you could not keep anyone locked up unless a court orders it. Parkland is a good example of it.

GUNVIOLENCERichardKu.jpg

Peace.
If you think about it the bombers, shooter and others are in need of Medical attention. Mental illness was over ridden in the 70 s when the Court Rules you could not keep anyone locked up unless a court orders it. Parkland is a good example of it.

Hello, Dan. I believe Oprah offers medical knowledge that can PREVENT quite a bit of emotional or mental illness, as well as physical health issues experienced by many of our American and foreign born neighbors.

Recently, Oprah Winfrey learned about and shared with her fellow citizens POWERFUL, eye-opening medical knowledge regarding America's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS. Knowledge Oprah exuberantly declares is a "game changer."

OprahWinfreyBelindaP.png

"Oprah Winfrey Dancing On Table Tops, Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

Peace,

Forum List

Back