CDZ Will this law help stop mass public shooters?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is my proposal....we pass a federal law that states that mass public shooters must....must, pause 5 seconds between each and every shot during a mass public shooting.

Keep in mind, I offer this suggestion for this law knowing that it will be just as effective as the other laws that have been proposed since the Florida shooting...

-- Raising the age to buy rifles to 21 (the average age of mass shooters is 33-34)

-- Banning AR-15 rifles (the worst mass school shooting was done with 2 pistols)

-- banning 10 round magazines ( the Florida shooting, the Santa Barbara shooting, Columbine, and Virginia tech...the shooters used 10 round magazines or multiple guns)

So...how does everyone feel about limiting the time between shots during a mass shooting to 5 seconds? Should the time be longer...say 10 seconds...or is it wrong to limit the shots to 5 and should it be lowered to 3 or less?

Here is my proposal....we pass a federal law that states that mass public shooters must....must, pause 5 seconds between each and every shot during a mass public shooting.

Keep in mind, I offer this suggestion for this law knowing that it will be just as effective as the other laws that have been proposed since the Florida shooting...

-- Raising the age to buy rifles to 21 (the average age of mass shooters is 33-34)

-- Banning AR-15 rifles (the worst mass school shooting was done with 2 pistols)

-- banning 10 round magazines ( the Florida shooting, the Santa Barbara shooting, Columbine, and Virginia tech...the shooters used 10 round magazines or multiple guns)

So...how does everyone feel about limiting the time between shots during a mass shooting to 5 seconds? Should the time be longer...say 10 seconds...or is it wrong to limit the shots to 5 and should it be lowered to 3 or less?
I think we need to quit trying to restrict the single most important, God-given right that has ever been codified, the Second Amendment. Some people like to trot it out when it fits them, but then point the finger at other groups. This is bullshit. We need to quit trying to restrict any gun access to felons, the insane, children, etc.. Because the 2A is pretty clear cut. If a paranoid schizophrenic with violent fantasies who just got out of prison after serving time for violent crimes, and has now expressed admiration for ISIS, so desires, he should be able to walk into a store, and 5 minutes later, walk out with a full-auto, an RPG, and a FIM-92 Stinger. Denying this is an infringement on the 2A, and should not be tolerated.

I think we need to quit trying to restrict the single most important, God-given right that has ever been codified, the Second Amendment. Some people like to trot it out when it fits them, but then point the finger at other groups. This is bullshit. We need to quit trying to restrict any gun access to felons, the insane, children, etc.. Because the 2A is pretty clear cut. If a paranoid schizophrenic with violent fantasies who just got out of prison after serving time for violent crimes, and has now expressed admiration for ISIS, so desires, he should be able to walk into a store, and 5 minutes later, walk out with a full-auto, an RPG, and a FIM-92 Stinger. Denying this is an infringement on the 2A, and should not be tolerated.

There you go...that is the exact reasoned debate that this thread is meant to bring out......

Since no one has ever called for allowing violent felons to have guns or the dangerously mentally ill to have guns....it is good that you proposed it.......

Armed civilian patrols would be a public service effort that might help.

You can take all these laws and shove them up the Vermont governor's ass! They will all be just as effective as the DEA limiting access of hospital patients having just had surgery to the pain medication prescribed by their doctors to help with their recovery will be in coping with the epidemic of opiod abuse by drug abusers on the street. Raising the age does nothing to guns already existing in the homes, it just hurts gun retailers. Banning AR-15 does nothing to existing rifles in the home, and it will simply encourage sales of more powerful and different firearms. And banning bigger magazines does nothing to all that are already out there. Besides, you can change mags in a second.

This is all a preamble to making more and more guns harder to buy and out of reach in the feel good world of keeping guns out of the hands of those the law easily reaches------ those who OBEY laws------ EXACTLY the people who are NOT in schools or movie theaters shooting other people. And it does nothing to address WHY these shootings happen! But politicians need a shingle to hang their hat on for something in order to tell you to vote for them again.

You can take all these laws and shove them up the Vermont governor's ass! They will all be just as effective as the DEA limiting access of hospital patients having just had surgery to the pain medication prescribed by their doctors to help with their recovery will be in coping with the epidemic of opiod abuse by drug abusers on the street. Raising the age does nothing to guns already existing in the homes, it just hurts gun retailers. Banning AR-15 does nothing to existing rifles in the home, and it will simply encourage sales of more powerful and different firearms. And banning bigger magazines does nothing to all that are already out there. Besides, you can change mags in a second.

This is all a preamble to making more and more guns harder to buy and out of reach in the feel good world of keeping guns out of the hands of those the law easily reaches------ those who OBEY laws------ EXACTLY the people who are NOT in schools or movie theaters shooting other people. And it does nothing to address WHY these shootings happen! But politicians need a shingle to hang their hat on for something in order to tell you to vote for them again.
He was being sarcastic.

This is an example of why you cannot have a reasoned debate with liberals. Personally the only way to stop the school shooters is to kill them, in the school, when they pull out a gun.

This is an example of why you cannot have a reasoned debate with liberals. Personally the only way to stop the school shooters is to kill them, in the school, when they pull out a gun.

Reasoned debates do not begin with snark.

Reasoned debates do not begin with snark.
Sometimes they do. In this case I call it sarcasm. His idea of the delay is surely just as idiotic as giving teachers little bats which has actually happened. But it serves to point out just how witless and impotent lawmakers have become.

There you go...that is the exact reasoned debate that this thread is meant to bring out......

Since no one has ever called for allowing violent felons to have guns or the dangerously mentally ill to have guns....it is good that you proposed it.......
Perhaps nobody has ever proposed it, but I have seen, many times, people propose some sort of regulation, only to have the strict interpretation of the 2A be brought up as a reason why it should not be considered.

And you are an example why you cannot have a reasoned debate with fucktards. Don't cry to me because you don't believe in the 2A.
You should really be more careful and take note of the forum you troll in. What I stated was a reasoned fact and could also be called my opinion. You then responded with profanity laced nonsense. And now you claim I don't believe in the second amendment.

How do you propose to prevent violent felons or the dangerously mentally ill from getting guns?

How do you propose to prevent violent felons or the dangerously mentally ill from getting guns?
It's already against the law for them to have now. What would help if democrats would stop refusing to properly punish criminals.

It's already against the law for them to have now. What would help if democrats would stop refusing to properly punish criminals.
So you're saying that the most effective way to prevent violent felons from getting guns is to make them illegal? How's that working out?

sooooo... there shouldn't be laws against murder either, right? you know, since the laws don't stop all murders.

silliest argument ever. and btw, we don't know because the NRA lobbied to prevent the CDC to study gun deaths any longer.

So you're saying that the most effective way to prevent violent felons from getting guns is to make them illegal? How's that working out?
I don't know what you are talking about. What I said was that it's already against the law for those people to possess guns and the democrats should stop letting criminals go free.

sooooo... there shouldn't be laws against murder either, right? you know, since the laws don't stop all murders.

silliest argument ever. and btw, we don't know because the NRA lobbied to prevent the CDC to study gun deaths any longer.
Total nonsense. No one ever said there should not be a law against murder. And you don't have any idea what the NRA lobbied about. All you know is what's on the MSM which has been proven time and again to be untrustworthy. Violent criminals should be shot to death. Period.

Last edited:

And you are an example why you cannot have a reasoned debate with fucktards. Don't cry to me because you don't believe in the 2A.
You should really be more careful and take note of the forum you troll in. What I stated was a reasoned fact and could also be called my opinion. You then responded with profanity laced nonsense. And now you claim I don't believe in the second amendment.
Why should I be 'more careful'? Because some pathetic little snowflake has her feelers hurt because my insult is more pointed than yours. Choke on a dick if you don't like it.
I haven't insulted you, I've just stated my opinion here. But I have reported you.

Perhaps nobody has ever proposed it, but I have seen, many times, people propose some sort of regulation, only to have the strict interpretation of the 2A be brought up as a reason why it should not be considered.

Yes....just like requiring a Tax to vote, or a property requirement to vote, or a test to vote are rejected immediately....a Right is not dependent on the permission of others...... and then, when you add to the mix the fact that nothing that people like you propose would do one thing to stop criminals or mass shooters, it becomes even less interesting to consider ending a Right to do what you want.

How do you propose to prevent violent felons or the dangerously mentally ill from getting guns?[/QUOTE

When the police catch felons and they have an illegal gun, they arrest them. They are already doing this day in day out.....and in our major cities where democrats are in control, the courts and prosecutors let these felons caught with illegal guns out on bond, out on parole, and reduce their charges by dropping the gun charge....stop the democrats when they do this, and a good part of our gun crime is stopped.

We can already do this. And the bonus? You don't have to have registration, universal background checks, permits or licenses to do this, we can already arrest felons when they are caught with illegal guns.

The dangerously mentally ill....when the police go to a home over 40 times for domestic disturbances based on irrational behavior, they can go to a judge, get the individual involuntarily committed and then use that to flag them in a background check..... except when they don't commit the kid, like the Florida shooter.....who they wanted to commit in 2016 but didn't

We can already do this, they could already do it in Florida in particular...

Notice the trend here...we already have the laws, we can already do what you say you want, but the police aren't doing it.....

And then you want to make it harder for people who aren't criminals to get guns...

Do you see why we think you are irrational?

Forum List

Back