will this cause an anti walmart boycott?

But being anti-illegal immigration, regardless of the majority of the people who commit the crime, is NOT the same as being anti-hispanic.

Our jail has a disproportionate number of Hispanics in it. This means our DV criminals get let out after a couple of hours due to overcrowding. All that does is make me pissed off at lax security at the borders where these criminals get in, and make me even more infuriated with the liberals who want to protect these assholes and give them a free ticket into the country. It doesn't make me feel resentful towards the hispanics working at walmart or the gas station or in my district office. Those people are here legally. No problem whatsoever with them. We practically have a party every time one of our clients becomes a citizen, and we help them with t hat.

So no, anti-illegal immigration and anti-Hispanic do NOT go hand in hand.

But being anti-illegal immigration, regardless of the majority of the people who commit the crime, is NOT the same as being anti-hispanic.

Our jail has a disproportionate number of Hispanics in it. This means our DV criminals get let out after a couple of hours due to overcrowding. All that does is make me pissed off at lax security at the borders where these criminals get in, and make me even more infuriated with the liberals who want to protect these assholes and give them a free ticket into the country. It doesn't make me feel resentful towards the hispanics working at walmart or the gas station or in my district office. Those people are here legally. No problem whatsoever with them. We practically have a party every time one of our clients becomes a citizen, and we help them with t hat.

So no, anti-illegal immigration and anti-Hispanic do NOT go hand in hand.

right...you are so right....:eek:

next time yall are protesting canadian illegals let me know

I think the idea that anyone that is anti-illegal immigration is racist against Hispanics is really unfortunate.

i wonder how many americans will put their money where their mouths are..and stop shopping walmart over this? or will yall continue to bitch and whine and spend ever dime at walmart?

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market
By Jonathan Birchall

Published: March 12 2009 18:03 | Last updated: March 12 2009 18:03

Wal-Mart plans to open its first Hispanic-focused supermarkets this summer in Arizona and Texas as the largest US retailer continues its drive to expand its dominance of the US grocery business

full article:

FT.com / Companies / Retail - Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

Who bitches and moans about every dime spent at WALMART, STroll?

I've read most the posts on this place for the last six months and I don't recall anyone bitching about people shopping there.

I wish we had a Wal-Mart in downtown, it would seriously help our failing city. All our businesses are going bankrupt because no one can afford them and more people need jobs. A Wal-Mart would generate more jobs and give people more incentive to spend money.

Maybe you'd like to give wal mart some tax breaks, or even infrastructure at taxpayer expense, to help them move in. That's the typical way to do it. That way you can all work for 8 bucks an hour and make profits for the Wal Mart shareholders - most of whom do not live in your city and will not be spending their money in your city.

Its a sad state of affairs in my city. There is a huge local grocery store chain that is mostly owned by local investors. Most of that profit stays in the city and surrounding areas. A damn shame.

i love to see the denial of walmart being a shopping place for rednecks....perhaps yall dont go there on "mongoloid day" either...

i just see so many upscale shoppers buying camo skivvies at walmart....

I see alot of shoppers going into in Jewel/Osco (safeway) wearing sweat pants, ripped jeans and stained T-Shirts does that make Jewlw/Osco the redneck paradise!

In Chicago they already have supermarkets targeted towards Latinos. One the Carnicera, I shop at! They have the best ground turkey meat, steaks and pre-made Kabob out there. Not to mention they have great low cost fresh fruit!

i wonder how many americans will put their money where their mouths are..and stop shopping walmart over this? or will yall continue to bitch and whine and spend ever dime at walmart?

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market
By Jonathan Birchall

Published: March 12 2009 18:03 | Last updated: March 12 2009 18:03

Wal-Mart plans to open its first Hispanic-focused supermarkets this summer in Arizona and Texas as the largest US retailer continues its drive to expand its dominance of the US grocery business

full article:

FT.com / Companies / Retail - Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

Hey strollingbones, next time you eat at an Italian restaurant, please reflect on what a hypocrite you are.

okay let me explain...most of the time when people are being anti illegal immigration...they are discussing whom? hispanics...i object to illegals regardless of country of origin.

So you object to wal mart catering to hispanics, because some hispanics are illegal? Or is because their money is no good? Do you verify that an Italian restaurant wasn't first opened by an illegal Italian immigrant before you eat there?

and what i really love is all you damn rah rah americans who love to shop at walmart...nothing there is made in america...you do realize you are simply propping up chinas economy and helping to destroy mom and pop businesses in downtown areas..patrioteers one and all....

Go to Walgreens, Toys-r-us, Target, Abt, Home Depot, Lowes, Pet smart etc. Nothing is made in america anymore. This is a bigger problem than just Walmart!

Okay ... since I am short on energy (still waking up) I will sum up a few points:

1. Anti-illegal immigration is NOT the same as anti-immigration, though many on both sides (for and against) seem to still think they are the same.

2. Legal immigrants are great for our economy (when it's not as fucked up as it is right now) and illegal ones are not, never have been, and never will be,

3. Though the idea was the focus of the discussion, Wal-Mart is not supporting illegal anything by making a culturally specific theme for a store, though I think it's restricting their client base too much it is not a bad thing, just not a smart thing, to do.

and what i really love is all you damn rah rah americans who love to shop at walmart...nothing there is made in america...you do realize you are simply propping up chinas economy and helping to destroy mom and pop businesses in downtown areas..patrioteers one and all....

Go to Walgreens, Toys-r-us, Target, Abt, Home Depot, Lowes, Pet smart etc. Nothing is made in america anymore. This is a bigger problem than just Walmart!

Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made

madeinusa.com - understand the power of patriotic spending

really?

Wait, are we saying that Wal Mart is targeting the consumers whose ancestors once owned Texas, had it taken away by force, and are now back in Texas?

And why does everyone have a problem with the Spanish? Is it because they conquered the Aztecs?

3. Though the idea was the focus of the discussion, Wal-Mart is not supporting illegal anything by making a culturally specific theme for a store, though I think it's restricting their client base too much it is not a bad thing, just not a smart thing, to do.

So if you're selling products in a predominantly Hispanic area, you'd be restricting your client base too much by catering to Hispanics? That's pretty hilarious. Did you learn that in business school?

really?

Hey thanks for that link.

I found a cool store in downtown Seattle, tucked at the bottom of one of our more expensive malls (found it while wandering around waiting for a movie to start). It's ALL asian imports, mostly Japanese, the labels are even in the asian languages not English. (now I can keep my promise about Obamas taxes and buying only imports when possible, woot). Thing is, all the prices are less than half the same products from the US. They work just as well and sometimes better in some cases. The food is better by far. Wal-Mart isn't the biggest offender, never has been and never will be. The problem is our products are over priced crap in most cases, and even things we assemble here made with parts produced in other countries can't compete with the other products from other countries. Face it, if you want quality at an affordable cost you can't buy American made now, especially if you want options instead of only the "standard". Until our companies start making better products again this will not change, but it will get worse. As I have said, we have no work ethic in the US anymore.

I found a cool store in downtown Seattle, tucked at the bottom of one of our more expensive malls (found it while wandering around waiting for a movie to start). It's ALL asian imports, mostly Japanese, the labels are even in the asian languages not English. (now I can keep my promise about Obamas taxes and buying only imports when possible, woot). Thing is, all the prices are less than half the same products from the US. They work just as well and sometimes better in some cases. The food is better by far. Wal-Mart isn't the biggest offender, never has been and never will be. The problem is our products are over priced crap in most cases, and even things we assemble here made with parts produced in other countries can't compete with the other products from other countries. Face it, if you want quality at an affordable cost you can't buy American made now, especially if you want options instead of only the "standard". Until our companies start making better products again this will not change, but it will get worse. As I have said, we have no work ethic in the US anymore.

Why don't you do us all a favor and just move to Asia?

That seems really unfair to me. Maybe it's different where you are but 99% of the people I know are hard working and do the best job they can. There are always going to be a few people that suck, but "no work ethic"? Really? So, who's work ethic are you calling into question, the hard working people that do what they're told, or the handful of business analysts that try to maximize profit by using out sourcing or cheaper materials?

That seems really unfair to me. Maybe it's different where you are but 99% of the people I know are hard working and do the best job they can. There are always going to be a few people that suck, but "no work ethic"? Really? So, who's work ethic are you calling into question, the hard working people that do what they're told, or the handful of business analysts that try to maximize profit by using out sourcing or cheaper materials?

I think she just hates America. Americans work far longer hours than our European counterparts.

really?

Strollingbones I am going to give you a thumbs up for that. I just put in an order on the website!

as i said amanda...next anti illegal rally against canadians...let me know

I didn't know there was a flood of illegals from the north, do you have more information about this? I didn't know Canadians even wanted to come here. :tongue:

Forum List

Back