will this cause an anti walmart boycott?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i wonder how many americans will put their money where their mouths are..and stop shopping walmart over this? or will yall continue to bitch and whine and spend ever dime at walmart?

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market
By Jonathan Birchall

Published: March 12 2009 18:03 | Last updated: March 12 2009 18:03

Wal-Mart plans to open its first Hispanic-focused supermarkets this summer in Arizona and Texas as the largest US retailer continues its drive to expand its dominance of the US grocery business

full article:

FT.com / Companies / Retail - Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

i wonder how many americans will put their money where their mouths are..and stop shopping walmart over this? or will yall continue to bitch and whine and spend ever dime at walmart?

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market
By Jonathan Birchall

Published: March 12 2009 18:03 | Last updated: March 12 2009 18:03

Wal-Mart plans to open its first Hispanic-focused supermarkets this summer in Arizona and Texas as the largest US retailer continues its drive to expand its dominance of the US grocery business

full article:

FT.com / Companies / Retail - Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

Do you find something wrong with business targeting customers? I don't, I expect them to.

no....they are simply focusing on a growing market...just want to see the reaction of the anti hispanics on this board

no....they are simply focusing on a growing market...just want to see the reaction of the anti hispanics on this board

Are you kidding ?---you can't even walk through a Wal Mart in Austin with tripping over a Mexican kid------ 11 or 12 at night ?? no problemo---entire families crowding through the store like its an all night fiesta !

that's bs. In many markets, Hispanics dominate, why do you hate?

who do i hate? i mean i know i dont care for dr phil but hey ...i am not hating anyone..come on annie..follow me here....i toss out a news story...walmart the shopping haven of the redneck...i do not know about where you are...but friday night at walmart is a social outing here...walmart the beacon of the american way..if you overlook all that made in china shit...is going hispanic..so what are they gonna do? they being the average redneck walmart customer...no offense to the average redneck walmart customer...that is why i started it in this forum...

so again who do i hate?

If we can't keep illegals out of the country, I'd much rather them spend their money here than ship it back to Mexico.

I don't think anyone here is anti-Hispanic. Realistically, it's anti-illegal immigrant. If they're there legally, great. A smart business caters to their area, and it's inhabitants.

I don't think anyone here is anti-Hispanic. Realistically, it's anti-illegal immigrant. If they're there legally, great. A smart business caters to their area, and it's inhabitants.

Couldn't rep, but you reiterated what I was saying. I expect businesses to cater to the local cliental, I wish all were legal, but that's me. I don't expect 'businesses' to follow me.

Couldn't rep, but you reiterated what I was saying. I expect businesses to cater to the local cliental, I wish all were legal, but that's me. I don't expect 'businesses' to follow me.

That's ok. I can start a tab for you. :badgrin:

That's ok. I can start a tab for you. :badgrin:

what ya selling these days , Dis ?

I don't shop Wal Mart, haven't for years, I could count the times I've been in a Wal Mart in past 5 years on one hand most likely, but it has nothing to do with this or union or anything political really. I just enjoy shopping in smaller,more local businesses and try to keep more dollars local.

I shop at Walmart, but only because we don't have a Target nearby.

There was only one time that I planned to boycott Walmart...that was when they were suing that woman that was disabled from a car accident last summer.

Luckily they backed off the lawsuit, because I was able to get a nice deal on some Faded Glory corderoys!

There was only one time that I planned to boycott Walmart...that was when they were suing that woman that was disabled from a car accident last summer.

Luckily they backed off the lawsuit, because I was able to get a nice deal on some Faded Glory corderoys!

You are a good woman. Keep shopping!

You are a good woman. Keep shopping!

Very funny!

I didn't see anyone bring this up so I will.
i am familiar with Phoenix, Az. i have lived close enough to make several visits to Phoenix since 1993. i lived in south 83rd Ave from 2004 until 2006.
In phoenix what you see as far as shopping is the big chains, walmart being the 9000 lb gorilla, that have been driving out the "mom & Pop" stores. this is one thing the opponants of walmart have complained about for years. They were mostly sucessful in Phoenix, hard to find a family grocery store now, as opposed to say 1975. Phoenix, for obvious reasons, has always had a large population of hispanics, legal and illegal. because of this, there has always been small areas of town that were dominated by hispanic people, and accordingly hispanic businesses. It's always been that way since the cowboy days, after all, once this was Mexico.
Folks, these hispanic businesses, grocery stores, sandwich shops, shoe repair shops, ect ect. seems to be the majority of the last of the "mom & pop" businesses left in Phoenix. They are the only businesses that have enough of a 'targeted market" left for walmart to even consider trying to cut in on.
This isn't about politics at all, unless you believe that walmart=evil, and losing the little guy is bad ect ect. This is just walmart doing business. These hispanic enclaves, legals or illegals, that have always been in the cities walmart is targeting, are just another group of potential customers for walmart . That's all it is.......

Just as an aside because its funny. I live in a town on top of a mountain with a giant walmart, not much else. At the bottom of the mountain is a big Indian reservation, with very limited shopping. Guess where the natives go shopping. This little town wouldn't warrant the huge walmart we have without the 'rez'. I used to do a lot of work for the tribe, and got to know several tribal members. Most of them liked to say that walmart was Indian Heaven, 'cause it's up on top and all the indians want to go there.

I like Walmart, and I will continue to shop there regardless of what any internet bigot thinks.
Wow, an other internet pro illegal alien sensitivity NAZI dosen't like it when we don't conform to his biggoted idiot ideals. I mean pro-illegal agenda. Give it a break. Do us ALL a favor, already. Some of us aren't cowed by this crap, as much as ya-all would like it. We actualy see the illegals for all they are worth.

Forum List

Back