will they?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
will the anti-christ be reveaied in the not so distant future?

will the anti-christ be reveaied in the not so distant future?

No one really knows just how that event will play out, or when. According to scripture, there are and will be many anti-Christs.

The one that you are talking about will enter the scene with deception, and gain the trust and loyalty of many people by that deception. I believe that even many Christians will not recognize his presence for a while. However, I believe the followers of the True Christ will see the light and they will be persecuted. Also people who really don't believe in Christ, but are sympathetic toward a Christian belief, will also find themselves in persecution.

When it will be, who knows? Who it will be, who knows. I do believe it will be pretty soon. I am old enough now that I might miss that event.

What happens if you were to discover the anti-christ, Froggy?

Would you ignore him?

Would you ally with him?

Or will you try to destroy him?

*snaps into trance*

I've been watching you, froggy, oh so closely.

*snaps out of trance*

Don't be silly...

Matthew 24: 36-44

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Matthew 16:2-4

2He replied,[a] "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. 4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away.

The bold part in verse 4 always makes me stumble when I think about looking for the signs of the times.

Immie

Last edited:
Personally? I don't think it's going to be one person.

I think it's gonna be 3.

According to Jewish numerology, 6 is the number of mankind, so it would be logical to think that "666" would be a group of 3 men, who will try to rule over the entire world.

Just one person? Well..........hate to tell you, but the job is gonna be too big for just one person. And, because there is 3, that would point to a Trinity, which may try to erase the memory of God.

Therefore, 3 people.

Personally? I don't think it's going to be one person.

I think it's gonna be 3.

According to Jewish numerology, 6 is the number of mankind, so it would be logical to think that "666" would be a group of 3 men, who will try to rule over the entire world.

Just one person? Well..........hate to tell you, but the job is gonna be too big for just one person. And, because there is 3, that would point to a Trinity, which may try to erase the memory of God.

Therefore, 3 people.

I can see what you are saying and I believe, but don't care to look it up that the Bible speaks of a False Prophet, the Anti-Christ and Satan as being like a Trinity; the antithesis of the Trinity. So, some of what you say might make sense depending on one's interpretations.

Immie

2He replied,[a] "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. 4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away.

The bold part in verse 4 always makes me stumble when I think about looking for the signs of the times.

Immie

Jonah spent three days in the belly of a great fish, Jesus spent three days in the grave. The sign He was speaking of was the one given to that generation.

It's not time for Jesus to come back. This is the generation that will see the revelation of the Son of Perdition in the church, and the binding of the dragon. For His own reasons and purposes, certainly not because we deserve it, God is going to bless this generation.

Immie

Jonah spent three days in the belly of a great fish, Jesus spent three days in the grave. The sign He was speaking of was the one given to that generation.

It's not time for Jesus to come back. This is the generation that will see the revelation of the Son of Perdition in the church, and the binding of the dragon. For His own reasons and purposes, certainly not because we deserve it, God is going to bless this generation.

I was actually speaking of the first part of verse 4 and the idea that Froggy was looking for a sign:

4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign

I was not saying that the sign of Jonah was the sign we are looking for, although I do believe that the sign of Jonah was meant as much for us as for all generations.

Immie

Matthew 24: 36-44

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Immie

Immie

I was actually speaking of the first part of verse 4 and the idea that Froggy was looking for a sign:

4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign

I was not saying that the sign of Jonah was the sign we are looking for, although I do believe that the sign of Jonah was meant as much for us as for all generations.

Immie

I misunderstood. Yes, the sign of Jonah is meant for all generations. It will be seen again in the last generation before Jesus returns; the two witnesses of Rev. chap. 11.

Forum List

Back