Will they now call this a Landslide?

Reid thinks he has a mandate:
“The president campaigned around the country saying, ‘We know what the problems are with this fiscal problem. We just need some revenue,’” Reid said. “That was the issue. The mandate was look at all the exit polls, look at all the polling, the vast majority of the American people, rich, poor, everybody agrees that the rich — richest of the rich have to help a little bit.”
With Washington facing potentially devastating tax hikes and spending cuts in less than two months, Reid said he was not in favor of punting until the next Congress by passing a short-term extension.
“I’m not for kicking the can down the road,” said Reid, who spoke with Obama Tuesday night. “I think we’ve done that far too much. I think we know what the issue is. We need to solve that issue. Waiting for a month, six weeks, six months, that’s not gonna solve the problem. We know what needs to be done. I think that we should just roll up our sleeves and get it done.”​
I'll believe it when I see it.

“The president campaigned around the country saying, ‘We know what the problems are with this fiscal problem. We just need some revenue,’” Reid said. “That was the issue. The mandate was look at all the exit polls, look at all the polling, the vast majority of the American people, rich, poor, everybody agrees that the rich — richest of the rich have to help a little bit.”
With Washington facing potentially devastating tax hikes and spending cuts in less than two months, Reid said he was not in favor of punting until the next Congress by passing a short-term extension.
“I’m not for kicking the can down the road,” said Reid, who spoke with Obama Tuesday night. “I think we’ve done that far too much. I think we know what the issue is. We need to solve that issue. Waiting for a month, six weeks, six months, that’s not gonna solve the problem. We know what needs to be done. I think that we should just roll up our sleeves and get it done.”​

yea I just saw Reid say that to, asking the rich to pay just a little bit more isn't a stretch....see? hes not letting go, $80Bn on a $1.3 TRILLION deficit is just ridiculous. class warfare, early and often.

and Patty Murray on fox is saying exactly the same thing, they have their talking points down, they always have, I have to bookmark this page....

yea I just saw Reid say that to, asking the rich to pay just a little bit more isn't a stretch....see? hes not letting go, $80Bn on a $1.3 TRILLION deficit is just ridiculous. class warfare, early and often.

and Patty Murray on fox is saying exactly the same thing, they have their talking points down, they always have, I have to bookmark this page....
Leftists don't do math. Between the class warfare crap, the hatred, the racism, and the misogyny, there's no room for higher functions.

So, All over the Liberal media last night. They were wisely saying that Obama in his speech needed to acknowledge that this was a very close race, and he does not have a Mandate.

I didn't hear that from Obama last night, and now the Liberal Media and Libs in here seem to be suggesting Obama won Big, Obama won in a land slide. Despite the fact that the Votes were extremely close in the battle ground states.

So my question is, for Dems in here. Do you think Obama won in a land slide last night? Do you think last night was a mandate for Obama to Push his Agenda with out compromise. Or do you think the Voters last night said they want Both sides to drop the Partisan BS, and work together?

To look at the electoral votes, it seems like he won by a landslide. But overall, percentage wise, the vote was very close. I had no idea how close until this morning.

So, All over the Liberal media last night. They were wisely saying that Obama in his speech needed to acknowledge that this was a very close race, and he does not have a Mandate.

I didn't hear that from Obama last night, and now the Liberal Media and Libs in here seem to be suggesting Obama won Big, Obama won in a land slide. Despite the fact that the Votes were extremely close in the battle ground states.

So my question is, for Dems in here. Do you think Obama won in a land slide last night? Do you think last night was a mandate for Obama to Push his Agenda with out compromise. Or do you think the Voters last night said they want Both sides to drop the Partisan BS, and work together?

No, Obama did not win in a landslide. I don't particularly believe in mandates, but even if I did I don't think I'd say he had one. Or at least not one to push his agenda through without compromise. The voters didn't speak with one voice last night - they spoke with two. Our voices were just a little more numerous. By about 2% or so.

But here's the thing: our side's always been willing to compromise. We compromised on health care. (True liberals want single-payer, not Obamacare. The mandate was originally a conservative idea.) We're willing to compromise on the budget - we (not me personally, but Obama) are willing to cut spending, in exchange for even a little bit of taxes from the richest of the rich. It's your side that's intransigent, not ours.

What do you mean by compromise? If you mean a way of two sides giving things up and meeting in the middle to form consensus and solutions? Yeah....

If you mean Republicans holding their collective breaths in fillibuster and further stagnating this country? No.

BOTH sides are going to have to work together, and Boehner is going to have to get his House in order....no more caving in to the crazy demands of the Tea Party caucus. He needs to bring the GOP back to respectability.

If the Tea Party doesn't like it, they can hijack another party....like the Constitution Party, or make themselves a third party of their own.

first this filibuster thing is a dead end in that you guys had the senate with a supra majority for an entire session and the house and WH, and a simple majority in the senate and the house till Jan. 2011 where in the house switched.

The filibuster which the reps used in the second year was a gentleman agreement between Reid and McConnell , there was no holding the floor etc. Since the house went rep. Boehner has sent bills to the senate...and?

so that stagnating crack is not very accurate.

Boehner get his house in order? will Reid get his side in order? or is this the usual one way street?
Don't you ever get tired of lying? :eusa_liar:

Frankin was not sworn in until July 2009, technically giving the Dems 60 votes for the first time, although Kennedy was too sick to attend and vote most of the time, so in reality they didn't have 60 votes until Kirk was sworn in at the end of Sept 2009, and Brown was sworn in the beginning of Feb 2010 ending the Dems super-majority.

So the Dems had 4 to 7 months of a super-majority, depending on how honest you want to be, but to the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood 4 to 7 months is an entire 2 year Senate session. :eusa_liar:

Well, the Right was calling it a mandate when they thought it was Bishop Willard's mandate!!!

559313_437091676357043_213506265_n.jpg

I think the margin of victory was impressive considering how cocksure Conservatives were of a Romney victory...they even had me wondering.

Yeah, same here. Upon further analysis, however, the party's weird alternate reality thing is now pretty clear to me.

Had Romney won by this margin, the GOP would be claiming a mandate. But unfortunately for he and his party, he lost by 126 electoral votes to a community organizer who's presiding over 8% unemployment. Bummer for them.

I think the margin of victory was impressive considering how cocksure Conservatives were of a Romney victory...they even had me wondering.

Yeah, same here. Upon further analysis, however, the party's weird alternate reality thing is now pretty clear to me.

Had Romney won by this margin, the GOP would be claiming a mandate. But unfortunately for he and his party, he lost by 126 electoral votes to a community organizer who's presiding over 8% unemployment. Bummer for them.

Americans can see through the craziness. The TPM has a bigger opinion of themselves than America does. Perhaps it's because they were so vocal that they seemed bigger than what they are.....Squeaky Wheel and all of that.

The thing is....I get what they are saying. Spending IS too high...Government is bloated.....But once again(I've said this before)....We had the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, and the ATF......We didn't fucking NEED DHS.....we needed our other agencies to do their jobs....if they needed help.....great, give it to them....hire more agents, do what you have to do. What we didn't need is an entirely new Agency with yet another bloated budget.

We need to go through all of our agencies and eliminate REDUNDANT regulations and streamline the processes in which shit gets done.....I believe Obama used fish as an example....how many times it gets checked from the time it gets pulled out of the ocean till it ends up in your grocery cart.

The military....look, I believe in a strong military.....but I don't think it needs to cost more than the 10 next strongest countries combined. I think reasonable cuts are in order.

Welfare....I've been pretty adamant about my feelings on Welfare...I don't think we should ever turn away a brother or sister in need....however....when FDR created the system, it wasn't designed for people to sit on their butts and collect checks.....it was designed for people in need to earn that check.....and they did so.....through the Civilian Conservation Corps and the WPA.....we need to go back to that model....our infrastructure sucks, there's work to be done and there's plenty of people that can help.

SS/Medicare.....Let's see how we do with the other stuff before we start fucking with good, honest people who've played by the rules all their lives.....okay? If anything, make the transition young enough that people have plenty of time to prepare....(30-35?).

Public sector pension reform.....needs to be done. BY ATTRITION. New hires go into a matching 401k program. Once again.....leave honest, hard working people alone...They've been serving this country at the Local, State, and Federal level their whole lives....they were promised a pension, they've been counting on it for their survival. Many don't have anything else and it's too late for a lot of them to prepare.....Once again....new hires will have their entire career to prepare.....perhaps negotiate younger employees into the mix.

Forum List

Back