Will They Lose Their Tax Exempt Status Now?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
LOS ANGELES—Jerry Brown is visiting traditionally black churches in Southern California, apparently hoping to get the dependably-Democratic voters to the polls next month.

Brown told parishioners Sunday at Little Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Compton that California is a wealthy state that should be spending more resources on its least powerful citizens.

Jerry Brown visits black churches in LA - San Jose Mercury News

So are these churches going to lose their tax exempt status now for engaging in politics at the pulpit? I thought this was illegal.

LOS ANGELES—Jerry Brown is visiting traditionally black churches in Southern California, apparently hoping to get the dependably-Democratic voters to the polls next month.

Brown told parishioners Sunday at Little Zion Missionary Baptist Church in Compton that California is a wealthy state that should be spending more resources on its least powerful citizens.

So are these churches going to lose their tax exempt status now for engaging in politics at the pulpit? I thought this was illegal.

Did the Pastor of this church ''preach from the pulpit'' support for a particular candidate or particular party??

as far as I know, politicians can, and have always been permitted to campaign in front of any particular crowd? Especially regarding, ''getting out to vote''....

Did the Pastor of this church ''preach from the pulpit'' support for a particular candidate or particular party??

Is that explicitly the law? I don't see the difference between the pastor espousing political views or allowing politicians they support to come campaign.

Is that explicitly the law? I don't see the difference between the pastor espousing political views or allowing politicians they support to come campaign.

You should realize by now that demonRats don't give a crap about "laws" their ends always justify their means.

He's a Democrat, nothing to see here, move along.

but, let it have BEEN a REPUBLICAN.

They should. They ALL should.

yes, i believe that is the law....

the pastor/church authority, can not preach from the pulpit political support for a candidate or political party....they can preach on issues from the pulpit though....like they can have a sermon on abortion and such, or on the death penalty, or on helping the needy....

I do not believe a politician campaigning in front of church members breaks any law, just as a candidate speaking in front of an NRA crowd would not be....church members are citizens, nra members are citizens....etc....they can be campaigned by politicians running for office.

How would we know what the pastor does when you are assault for filming.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnuXwiTerns[/ame]

Last edited:

You should realize by now that demonRats don't give a crap about "laws" their ends always justify their means.

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays for Obama's Death

pastor_phoenix_259x146.jpg

Phoenix Pastor Draws Protests After Telling Church He Prays for Obama's Death - FoxNews.com

Reverend Cary Gordon of Cornerstone World outreach is inviting more than a hundred church leaders in the state to speak against the justices every Sunday before the November 2nd election.

KGAN CBS 2 :: Top Stories - Iowa Pastors Campaign To Oust State Supreme Court Justices Over Gay Marriage Issue

----------------------

It's only OK if you are "White and Christian" like 90% of the Republican Party.

New Topics

Forum List

Back