will there now be a political cost for violent images

Can we at least portray Obammy, Pelosi, Reid et al as Whack-a-Moles? :lol:

probably not, the violent image and speech czar will DEEM that, TOO VIOLENT.

If they could water down Tom and Jerry cartoon violence, nobody's free speech is safe.

why are you pretending anyone is going to ban anything?

This is a cultural thing.

This imagery is NOW going to bring peoples minds RIGHT TO this horrible momment in our history.

The next time someone tries to use this imagery the publica mind is going to think of a beautiful little dark haired girl lying in a pool of blood in a parking lot.

It will NO LONGER hold the "magic' it once held for the people who use it, NO MATTER WHAT PARTY THEY BELONG TO.

I think the public will deside that one.

I dont think gun sites are going to be a real vote getter anymore

I never said he did.

I think most Americans will now think of gun imagery in the political arena as a NON vote getter.
it will turn more people from a candidate than it garners them

Last edited:
probably not, the violent image and speech czar will DEEM that, TOO VIOLENT.

If they could water down Tom and Jerry cartoon violence, nobody's free speech is safe.

This imagery is NOW going to bring peoples minds RIGHT TO this horrible momment in our history.

The next time someone tries to use this imagery the publica mind is going to think of a beautiful little dark haired girl lying in a pool of blood in a parking lot.

It will NO LONGER hold the "magic' it once held for the people who use it, NO MATTER WHAT PARTY THEY BELONG TO.

Ooooh... You're trying to link imagery and speech to Saturday's shooting.

Where's your evidence?

I never said he did.

I think most Americans will now think of gun imagery in the political arenaas a NON vote getter.
it will tuen more people from a candidate than it garners them

Joe Manchin "shot" cap and tax in a video, and won.

Do you know who he is?

That video is still on his campaign site.

Joe Manchin for Senate :: West Virginia :: Video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIJORBRpOPM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Or does he play under a different set of rules.

LOL, we will be LECTURED about violent images, violent speech, bla bla bla. Until THE NEXT Republican Presidency. then you can bet all that crap about "CIVIITLY" will fly right out their asses.:lol:

Where's your evidence?

If you remember I warned of this type of violence by a nutter months ago.

For me (if you can be honest for a second) it was linked the momment it happened.

You DONT have to agree with me, its what I have thought for a very long time.

I think violent images do effect the human brain, BTW so do all of the people in the phycological sciences.

I am not asking you to agree with me OK.

Its what I believe.

I have believed it all my adult life.

No matter what everyone thinks about it and how they come down on the issue it will now have little to do with what they have in their minds the next time someone uses violent imagery for poltical purposes it will have a different effect on the publics mind.

This momment is a game changer.

None of us can control what is now seared into our collective brains with this horrible incident.

I think republicans and democrats can still win elections without using gun referances dont you?

Last edited:

Where's your evidence?

For me (if you can be honest for a second) it was linked the momment it happened.

I think violent images do effect the human brain, BTW so do all of the people in the phycological sciences.

Its what I believe.

No matter what everyone thinks about it and how they come down on the issue it will now have little to do with what they have in their minds the next time someone uses violent imagery for poltical purposes it will have a different effect on the publics mind.

None of us can control what is now seared into our collective brains with this horrible incident.

I think republicans and democrats can still win elections without using gun referances dont you?

will you would do good to get YOUR Guberment to confiscate any and all images, pictures of guns, gunsites, and have them break any fingers of those who DARE draw:eek:............................ A GUN.

why are you pretending I said anything about banning anything?

Good for you , kinda sad to profit off of death though.

I know its not your fault, you are merely providing a product people feel a need for.

I have to admitt I am feeling much better now that I have realised the impact of this horrible thing will have some good to give society.

I feel like it will really help the victims on their path of grief to hear fewer of these types of references.

The smart politicains wont even use them.

Where's your evidence?

Its what I believe.

You warned of someone being influenced by political rhetoric doing something like this. There is absolutely no evidence that Loughner was influenced in any way by political rhetoric, from either side. The fact of the matter is, people in the know are saying politics had nothing whatsoever to do with the shooting. The consensus is he was mentally ill. This is what influenced his actions. The fact that you feared the rhetoric could lead to violence does not provide a link to the shooting and it does not mean you are right.

As for what we will think of the next time some politician or political group uses a target of crosshair, or uses over the top rhetoric, well, I think we can all thank the pundits who, with no evidence of linkage whatsoever, jumped at the chance to link Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, the Tea Party, the Right, and anyone else the deemed a threat as the cause of the shooting. Because of this, I believe you are correct. Their irresponsible reporting, their desire to score political points, their desire to harm those with whom they disagree politically has changed the face of politics from Saturday forward.

And for the record, I don't think any Democrat or Republican ever won an election, or lost an election, because they did or didn't use gun references or imagery. I'd like to think that most American voters are smarter than that...

Forum List

Back