Will the Tea Party benefit with a GOP victory

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Lets assume that a republican is going to win the white house in 2016. Will this actually benefit the tea party movement at all. The only time I have ever seen the GOP actually go right is when they have lost elections but when it appears they are going to win they immediately head left. I often wonder if it would be a good idea just to let the GOP party slowly suffocate for votes just to bring it around in the right direction. Would it just be in the tea party's best interest in the long run just to let the GOP wither away?

The TPM has not been served by GOP congresses from 2010 to now, much less the compromise with Obama when necessary

The "Tea Party" that liberals are so hysterical about isn't a political party. It's just a loosely knit group of people who work within the system to get the best conservative candidate from their perspective. They could be affiliated with the democrat party but democrats have gone so far off the charts that they work within the republican party. They might be satisfied with Cruz or Rubio or even Trump if they can muster the votes for a congressional landslide like they accomplished a year or so ago. If the candidate doesn't live up to expectations the "Tea Party" will work within the system to get a better candidate next go round. It's the American way. Why are liberals so shocked and outraged by it?

The mainstream GOP, working diligently to reach women and other minorities, engineered the great victory of 2014, not the TPM. They don't have that kind of power nationally.

The closest thing to a "Tea Party candidate" running is Ted Cruz, and he's spent most of his time since being elected campaigning for President. The Tea Party was duped. Nobody was out to help them in the first place.

the TP was born trying to stop 43.

No more 43.

No more idiots aka "morans" carrying signs with more misspelled words on them than tea bags stapled to their heads.

They rail against other fellow workers but luck the boots of big business. I've seen them shouting against firemen, police, and teachers. Scary.

Forum List

Back