Will the Senate see a Blue Wave in 2016?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I don't think so, but I think the D's pick up 3 seats. IL's Kirk alienated his base and the stroke has really effected his mentality. He is going to get slaughtered (granted he wins the primary).

I think the D's pick up PA and WI also. 51 R-47 D - 2 I

Really hard to say at this point.

I think there's a very good chance more then 3 seats will be competitive looking at the map though.

Kelly Ayote in NH is pretty vulnerable too, also she might be picked up as a VP, especially if the GOP nominee is a governor.

FL, IA, OH, NC, and MO would be potential pickups too. And you never know when another Hietkamp or Tester might pop up, it is a presidential election afterall.

An oddball race might be Jim Matheson running in UT

Last edited:
Hopefully. That's the only way we can survive the new GOP Congress.

The Republican states and the fossil fuel/energy revolution is all that have fueled this economy to recover, DESPITE the boneheaded decisions of the Obama administration and the Demorats!

I don't think so, but I think the D's pick up 3 seats. IL's Kirk alienated his base and the stroke has really effected his mentality. He is going to get slaughtered (granted he wins the primary).

They probably also pick up North Carolina, New Hampshire, Iowa, and Florida. they might have a good chance at Kentucky if Rand Paul craps himself on a presidential run.

And there will be a red state or two where you guys are going to take an easy win and blow it with some guy who needs to put an adjective in front of the word "Rape".

That really depends on the republicans. If they step up and govern, even a little bit, they have a good chance to keep much of their gains. If they continue with the crazy crap they are known for, they will feel like a little boy who was slapped away from the table for farting

Democrats amuse themselves with mutual masturbation.

Is that the reason you hate Democrats so much? You're jealous because you imagine we are all doing that, but you can't find anybody willing to join you, so you have to do it all by yourself? Is that it?

Is that the reason you hate Democrats so much? You're jealous because you imagine we are all doing that, but you can't find anybody willing to join you, so you have to do it all by yourself? Is that it?

Are you fantasizing about my sex life again?

Democrats are evil. They are demonic to their core. That's why I hate democrats so much. They are the spawn of satan. They had a tremendous defeat, more painful because they were fantasizing about taking over the House as well as keeping the Senate. Now they are fantasizing about stroking one another. It's how democrats amuse themselves when they try to avoid reality.

Democrats are evil. They are demonic to their core. That's why I hate democrats so much. They are the spawn of satan. They had a tremendous defeat, more painful because they were fantasizing about taking over the House as well as keeping the Senate. Now they are fantasizing about stroking one another. It's how democrats amuse themselves when they try to avoid reality.

As usual, you are confused. You're the one that started talking about sex. Go back and read your own post. You'll see.

Someone listens to too much Glenn Beck

Hopefully. That's the only way we can survive the new GOP Congress.

The Republican states and the fossil fuel/energy revolution is all that have fueled this economy to recover, DESPITE the boneheaded decisions of the Obama administration and the Demorats!
Not at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...rt-to-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html

In Texas, Austin Energy signed a deal this spring for 20 years of output from a solar farm at less than 5 cents a kilowatt-hour. In September, the Grand River Dam Authority in Oklahoma announced its approval of a new agreement to buy power from a new wind farm expected to be completed next year. Grand River estimated the deal would save its customers roughly $50 million from the project.

And, also in Oklahoma, American Electric Power ended up tripling the amount of wind power it had originally sought after seeing how low the bids came in last year.

“Wind was on sale — it was a Blue Light Special,” said Jay Godfrey, managing director of renewable energy for the company. He noted that Oklahoma, unlike many states, did not require utilities to buy power from renewable sources.

“We were doing it because it made sense for our ratepayers,” he said.

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

And then there are the jobs from renewable energy;

Coal Industry Hands Out Pink Slips While Green Collar Jobs Take Off
Washington, D.C.-A transition to renewable energy sources promises significant global job gains at a time when the coal industry has been hemorrhaging jobs for years, according to the latest Vital Signs Update released by the Worldwatch Institute.

The coal, oil, and natural gas industries require steadily fewer jobs as high-cost production equipment takes the place of human capital. Many hundreds of thousands of coal mining jobs have been shed in China, the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, and South Africa during the last two decades, sometimes in the face of expanding production. In the United States alone, coal industry employment has fallen by half in the last 20 years, despite a one-third increase in production.

"Renewables are poised to tackle our energy crisis and create millions of new jobs worldwide," according to Worldwatch Senior Researcher Michael Renner. "Meanwhile, fossil fuel jobs are increasingly becoming fossils themselves, as coal mining communities and others worry about their livelihoods."

Strong government support has allowed Germany, Spain, and Denmark to emerge as leaders in renewable energy development-and green jobs. The German government reports that the country was home to an estimated 259,000 direct and indirect jobs in the renewables sector in 2006. This figure is expected to reach 400,000-500,000 by 2020, and 710,000 by 2030. In the United States, the renewables sector employed close to 200,000 people directly and 246,000 indirectly in 2006, due mostly to leadership at the state level. China is rapidly catching up in manufacturing of solar photovoltaics (PV) and wind turbines and is already the dominant global force in solar hot water development.

An estimated 2.3 million people worldwide currently work either directly in renewables or indirectly in supplier industries. The solar thermal industry employs at least 624,000 people, the wind power industry 300,000, and the solar PV industry 170,000. More than 1 million people work in the biomass and biofuels sector, while small-scale hydropower employs 39,000 individuals and geothermal employs 25,000.

These figures are expected to swell substantially as private investment and government support for alternative energy sources grow. The most optimistic analyses project that global wind power employment will increase to as much as 2.1 million in 2030 and 2.8 million in 2050. Similar projections estimate that worldwide solar PV production alone could create as many as 6.3 million jobs by 2030.

Coal Industry Hands Out Pink Slips While Green Collar Jobs Take Off Worldwatch Institute

Forum List

Back