Will the Senate scrap the filibuster?

so I guess something like obama care rates as what? extending individual liberties?
classic. :lol::lol::lol:denial aint a river you know?
It is the conservatives who insist on getting into your bedroom, telling you who you can marry, deny homosexuals from serving their country, deny Muslims the right to worship

I would rather have affordable healthcare

Obama isn't down with homosexual marriage either, be careful throwing around your who hit johns, Clinton he signed dadt, who denied Muslims the right to worship?

We all saw the vote last week

I don't think its too hard to comprehend that the founders would not approve of our massive social nanny state along with our military ops around the world.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness
I see you've given up on the silliness that was your argument that the fillibuster violates the Constitution.
:clap2:

Not in the least. The intent of the Constitution was a majority vote not a 60 percent vote

How stupid is it to need 60% approval to proceed to a 51% vote?

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness
I see you've given up on the silliness that was your argument that the fillibuster violates the Constitution.

Not in the least. The intent of the Constitution was a majority vote not a 60 percent vote
The senate has plenary power to make up its own rules for its prcedures, according to the Constitution.
What, specifically, about the 60-vote rule for cloture violates what specific part of the Constitution?

The senate has plenary power to make up its own rules for its prcedures, according to the Constitution.
What, specifically, about the 60-vote rule for cloture violates what specific part of the Constitution?

In that case, you would not object to the Senate voting to change it's procedures next week.

Requiring 60 votes amounts to a defacto change in the Constitutional requirement for a simple majority

In that case, you would not object to the Senate voting to change it's procedures next week.

Requiring 60 votes amounts to a defacto change in the Constitutional requirement for a simple majority
You did not answer my question:

60 votes circumvents the majority vote requirement

Where does it say the Senate can't vote to change the rules?

No, no it doesn't. Votes for passage still require a majority.
You STILL aren't ansewring the question.

-I'm- not the one argung that the rules cannot be changed.
YOU are arguing that th eules cannot be changed in a certain way, and you have yet to specify what part of the Constitution prohibits the change in question.

They did change the rules...Constitutionally...when they made the 60-vote rule.

You need to stop framing your opposition as a Constitutional matter. Because it's not.

You need to stop framing your opposition as a Constitutional matter. Because it's not.

Leftwingshitflinger can chock this thread up as an epic FAIL.

Dave? You are correct. This is not a Constitutional matter.

No, he just doesn't like that the rule will benefit Republicans.

The Senate has the Constitutional Authority to establish It's own Rules. Separation Of Powers, they have the Right to run their Own Body as they see fit. The Senate created the 60-40 Rule.

The Constitution was written by Liberals

A lot of the founders were classical liberals. There is no comparison to that term and progressive/dems/liberals of today. They would laugh, jump on their clipper, and sail the hell away from this circus to start all over again.

The founding fathers would be ashamed of our current conservatives...much the same as they were ashamed of the conservatives of their day

....and our current liberals.

No, he just doesn't like that the rule will benefit Republicans.

Oh I agree. This is where the partisanship needs to cease. These people are placing party over country...and the country is losing in the process...it's all around us.

It needs to cease. I'm frankly tired of it, and angry the longer the games continue.

The OP still fails in any regard with the premise, and is part of the problem.

~T

Forum List

Back