Will the Right attempt to do to Obama what they did to Clinton?

Translation: Even more tax dollars will be spent on special investigation afte special investigation to make sure Bob the Republican didn't drink more than his share of coffee over the past 8 years.

Great. Can't wait.:rolleyes:

I think most of that kind of thing is a waste of time. But it was also a waste of time when 70 million dollars of our money was spent to find a blue dress.

And for all the whining on the right about how mean the left was to Bush? Where is the bill for all the investigations? What Bush did is not okay. And, unfortunately, you have the rushbots thinking that somehow he's been put upon. But when he's out of office, for me, I say good riddence to bad rubbish and it's time to move on.

But that doesn't mean he didn't do things that bordered on the criminal. It just means he's not worth the bother.

But then again, neither was Lucianne Goldberg's and Linda Tripp's scheme to get rich on the back of the arkansas mob's vendetta with the help of ken starr and his supreme court dreams.

True corruption should be ferreted out and brought to justice.

Failure to do so encourages more of it.

exactly!

dismissing it as "investigating every little thing" doesn't fly. We've had 8 years worth of lies and secrets. Hidden agenda and back door deals and all of it has negatively impacted our country. I think the people have a RIGHT to know what the Bush administration was doing and before anyone says "well it won't change anything so what's the point" that's crap. Putting a murderer on trial and executing him doesn't bring back his victim but he still needs to be brought to justice.

You mean like two Democratic members of Congress arranging for their Husbands to profit from Government contracts?

Yes... Absolutely. That kind of corruption on both sides needs to be stopped. First rule of accounting: stop the bleeding by changing the process of bidding those contracts. Either way, those activities should be brought into the light and their constituents should fire them.

One more reason that term limits for congress are way overdue.

-Joe

I just watched the documentary "hunting the President" I knew a lot of that but it was almost surreal to see it laid out like that. The time, expense and organization that went into bringing down Bill Clinton is staggering.

People forced to lie or face jail time, lives ruined, people bankrupt. Tax payer money wasted, all to prove that Clinton had an affair while married.

The media played a huge role in it too so that begs the question, when did the media become left wing instead of right wing? :confused:

My real fear is that when and if Obama wins there will be an organized and dare I say, dangerous effort to bring him down, at any cost.

no worries

dem majority rules...

unlike the situation with clinton, the repubs are not the majority in congress...

just as repubs prevented any official investigations on bush...

this is NOT necessarily a good thing though....in my opinion.

NOT if the dems refuse to have true possible constitutional breaches or laws broken by obama officially investigated....

not saying that he will break the law...just a what IF... ;)

care

no worries

dem majority rules...

unlike the situation with clinton, the repubs are not the majority in congress...

just as repubs prevented any official investigations on bush...

this is NOT necessarily a good thing though....in my opinion.

NOT if the dems refuse to have true possible constitutional breaches or laws broken by obama officially investigated....

not saying that he will break the law...just a what IF... ;)

care

You're absolutely right, Care. I believe Obama will be a better leader than that, or I wouldn't be 'excited' by his candidacy... That being said, we can't leave it up to either party to police their own. The last 8 years are proof of that. We, The People need to remain involved.

-Joe

Translation: Even more tax dollars will be spent on special investigation afte special investigation to make sure Bob the Republican didn't drink more than his share of coffee over the past 8 years.

Great. Can't wait.:rolleyes:

Gunny? Are you suggesting that the next President cross his fingers when taking the oath of office or should the oath be changed?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Perhaps the oath should be reduced to the level of a signing statement? The new President be it McCain or Obama by their very oath have an obligation to investigate wrong doing don't they? I will admit to being a dreamer who would very much like to see the President rise above party. At the same time I realize the impossibility of that statement. Yet I believe the boss of the top cop has no choice but to take a look, doesn't he?

funneee, when we want to investigate Obamalama's ties to Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Farrakan we are told there are more important things to worry about like the economy. but when it comes to investigating Republicans there are no holds barred. See the hypocrisy? But hey, investigate til the cows come home, keep yerself busy. That's why congress has such a low approval rating, Big Nancy and Little Harry investigating. It should be amusing. Then while everybody is busy investigating the Republicans the Republicans will be very busy covertly investigating Rezko, Wright, Ayers, and anybody else they can think to investigate. Should be very amusing. Obama won't be my President so I'll have a good time watching.

funneee, when we want to investigate Obamalama's ties to Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Farrakan we are told there are more important things to worry about like the economy. but when it comes to investigating Republicans there are no holds barred. See the hypocrisy? But hey, investigate til the cows come home, keep yerself busy. That's why congress has such a low approval rating, Big Nancy and Little Harry investigating. It should be amusing. Then while everybody is busy investigating the Republicans the Republicans will be very busy covertly investigating Rezko, Wright, Ayers, and anybody else they can think to investigate. Should be very amusing. Obama won't be my President so I'll have a good time watching.

Investigate away... just remember that no thought or opinion is illegal - only behaviors and actions, and don't use tax dollars to do it without something solid to go on.

-Joe

Oh Hell no. Not just actual Republicans .... anyone not drinking the Koolaid that is automatically relegated to "Republican" status whether they are or aren't.

What goes around comes around and any leftwinggoobs that aren't prepared to take each and every Obama miscue and failure square in the face need to rethink their positions.

I will say however, I won't go so far as to make 90% of them up as the left has done the past 8 years. If he manages to get elected, Obama will have enough legitimate screwups to rake over the coals.

YOU won't go so far as to MAKE WHAT UP? LOL...

Source what was made up about the Bush family 'tard, will ya?

The left didn't have to make anything up, Bush and company generously provided them for the left, and everyone else.

Investigate away... just remember that no thought or opinion is illegal - only behaviors and actions, and don't use tax dollars to do it without something solid to go on.

-Joe

yes, right, of course!

are you saying it hasn't been investigated Willow? really? I know a lot about all those people that I don't need to know because of the investigations.

For you to pretend that it hasn't ALREADY taken place is ludicrious but not unexpected. I'm sure you'd be all for wasting upwards of 80 million tax pay dollars just like they did with Clinton

Independent probes of Clinton Administration cost nearly $80 million - April 1, 1999

and all they found out was he got his dick sucked :clap2:

are you saying it hasn't been investigated Willow? really? I know a lot about all those people that I don't need to know because of the investigations.

For you to pretend that it hasn't ALREADY taken place is ludicrious but not unexpected. I'm sure you'd be all for wasting upwards of 80 million tax pay dollars just like they did with Clinton

Independent probes of Clinton Administration cost nearly $80 million - April 1, 1999

and all they found out was he got his dick sucked :clap2:

I'm not pretending anything. I want to know more!

Forum List

Back