Will The Republicans need to change their core values to be competitive in the future

Most all politicians are corrupt. Let's get that straight right now. The two ruling parties are both full of corruption, no doubt....

You should have stopped right there. Now think outside the little two party box and come up with a solution that'll wake people up.

Since white americans only make up about 60% of the population now and the republican base(we know who they are and what they believe) makes up about 28% of the electorate will Republicans need to become more liberal to win future elections?

define liberal, please.

if you mean they need to dump the hard core evangelicals i agree-my definition of conservatism includes a healthy dose of MYOB vis a vis other people's personal lives-abortion, sexual orientation, etc.

You should have stopped right there. Now think outside the little two party box and come up with a solution that'll wake people up.

Well I belong to neither party BECAUSE of corruption. It's just that the GOP has raised it to such new heights these past few years. People should take responsibilty for themselves and that includes YOU, who should be irate at your party. I will follow the Obama administration closely and I will be the first to freak out if they go anywhere near posturing through corporatism or social laundering for the sake of robbing the taxpayer ala Bush Admin.

Well I belong to neither party BECAUSE of corruption. It's just that the GOP has raised it to such new heights these past few years. People should take responsibilty for themselves and that includes YOU, who should be irate at your party. I will follow the Obama administration closely and I will be the first to freak out if they go anywhere near posturing through corporatism or social laundering for the sake of robbing the taxpayer ala Bush Admin.

So there's two of us without a party--screw it if Im' going to ever vote for the lesser of two evils again. They are co-conspirators in using America for their own source of power, pleasure and income. Cut from the same cloth.

So there's two of us without a party--screw it if Im' going to ever vote for the lesser of two evils again. They are co-conspirators in using America for their own source of power, pleasure and income. Cut from the same cloth.

Agreed. Now let's watch closely as this thing plays out.

It's seriously time for a third party. The Democrats and Republicans are both parties of big government and big spending. Neither one is willing to pare spending back to match revenues.

If the Republican Party actually wants to regain power, then they don't need to change their core values, but to reinstate their core values.

Whatever happened to the balanced budget amendment?

change our core values????
wouldnt that make them something OTHER than "core values"???

how about they actually live up to their core values and stop acting like fucking democrats

Since white americans only make up about 60% of the population now and the republican base(we know who they are and what they believe) makes up about 28% of the electorate will Republicans need to become more liberal to win future elections?

The GOP needs to get back to its "core" values. True conservatism. Goldwater conservatism. This is what the GOP needs to focus on:

-Low taxes with balanced budgets
-Strong national defense
-Engaged foreign policy
-Protection of the environment
-Less government interference in individual lives

These tenets of true political conservatism have been missing from the GOP since the Reagan Revolution. These principles, these conservative principles are now viewed by the Rabid Religous Right as unimportant. Some refer to the Republicans that believe in these principles as RINO's or in some cases liberals. Instead the party is now more worried about homos getting hitched, forcing the Christian God into every crevice of the US Government, and abortion. I loved Ronald Reagan, I really did. He didn't rebuild a damaged Republican Party, he rebuilt a damaged United States. But he hijacked my party in the process and it is time to take it back. I thought McCain was the guy to do it. He preached these very things in 2000 and seemed to forget about them in 2008. These are the principles that matter in government. They are the polar opposite of the ideals of liberalism. They are the polar opposite of proposed policies of President-Elect Obama. These conservative ideals are my ideals and the Republican that demonstrates these ideals wil get my support.

The GOP needs to get back to its "core" values. True conservatism. Goldwater conservatism. This is what the GOP needs to focus on:

-Strong national defense
-Engaged foreign policy

These tenets of true political conservatism have been missing from the GOP since the Reagan Revolution. These principles, these conservative principles are now viewed by the Rabid Religous Right as unimportant. Some refer to the Republicans that believe in these principles as RINO's or in some cases liberals. Instead the party is now more worried about homos getting hitched, forcing the Christian God into every crevice of the US Government, and abortion. I loved Ronald Reagan, I really did. He didn't rebuild a damaged Republican Party, he rebuilt a damaged United States. But he hijacked my party in the process and it is time to take it back. I thought McCain was the guy to do it. He preached these very things in 2000 and seemed to forget about them in 2008. These are the principles that matter in government. They are the polar opposite of the ideals of liberalism. They are the polar opposite of proposed policies of President-Elect Obama. These conservative ideals are my ideals and the Republican that demonstrates these ideals wil get my support.
exactly

-Strong national defense
-Engaged foreign policy

These are tenets of true political conservatism have been missing from the GOp since the Reagan Revolution. These principles, these conservative principles are now viewed by the Rabid Religous Right as unimportant. Some refer to the Republicans that believe in these principles as RINO's or in some cases liberals. Instead the party is now more worried about homos getting hitched, forcing the Christian God into every crevice of the US Government, and abortion. I loved Ronald Reagan, I really did. He didn't rebuild a damaged Republican Party, he rebuilt a damaged United States. But he hijacked my party in the process and it is time to take it back. I thought McCain was the guy to do it. He preached these very things in 2000 and seemed to forget about them in 2008. These are the principles that matter in government. They are the polar opposite of the ideals of liberalism. They are the polar opposite of proposed policies of President-Elect Obama. These conservative ideals are my ideals and the Republican that demonstrates these ideals wil get my support.

Very well done.

-Strong national defense
-Engaged foreign policy

You should copy this and send it to Mitch McConnell and whatever else is left of our so called "leadership" ( I use that term very loosely )

No, just court the ultra CONSERVATIVE Hispanic population. Based on the core value system of Hispanic culture, they should be OVERWHELMINGLY Republican. As a rule Hispanics are staunchly pro-life, anti-euthansia, anti-stemcell research, anti-gay rights, pro military and deeply religious. Every one of those runs counter to core Democrat party planks. At some point they will figure that out and be a strong Republican voting block.

Republicans need to get back to their basic core values....essentially....Hispanic cultural values....

But thats hard to do considering how much most Republicans dislike Catholics and immigrants, kind of ironic....don't ya think?

You guys have to clean house. John Boehner is the first guy to get rid of.

I got this from Conservatives.

Boehner to run for another term, despite calls for him to step down

CNS News - Richard Viguerie was unequivocal in his call for the GOP congressional leadership to step down, but Minority Leader John Boehner says he intends to run for another term. If that's the case, things will not get better for the Party anytime soon. Read more at CNSNews.com - GOP House Leaders Should Resign, Top Conservative Activist Says

Additional News From the Front

Republicans try to shake off political hangover
Was McCain's the worst campaign ever?
Coulter: The reign of lame falls mainly on McCain
Fight for GOP's identity begins
McCain loss raises questions about his future
GOP fallout: Cue the circular firing squad?
Can Palin resurrect the GOP? Does she want to?

These and other articles can be accessed through Richard Viguerie's Conservative HQ | News from the Front

Forum List

Back