Will the party of no finally have to get off their collective arses now?

This "party of no" stuff is childish. The democrats were the party of no when the republicans held the majority, so in essence, there will always be a "party of no."

Question: if the democrats got their asses handed to them in an election by the republicans and faced super majorities in both sides of congress, would you want them to abandon their ideals and just say "sure, whatever you want, you won."

Didn't think so.

I don't think the Republicans were the only members of the party of "no" in yesterdays elections. Seems like a lot of independents and Democrats also stood up and said "no" at what has been going on in Washington. I love your spin on it though...

that anger we saw yesterday can qucikly change directions if the continue acting like spoiled chidlren

the party of KNow wasn't holding you guys up,, with a 60/40 it was impossible.. think about that always gotta have someone to blame huh??:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I understand that, but Just saying no isn't going to cut it anymore, what do you think

This "party of no" stuff is childish. The democrats were the party of no when the republicans held the majority, so in essence, there will always be a "party of no."

Question: if the democrats got their asses handed to them in an election by the republicans and faced super majorities in both sides of congress, would you want them to abandon their ideals and just say "sure, whatever you want, you won."

Didn't think so.

Unfortunately currently there is no "party of no", there are only parties of "not invented here", this country desperately NEEDS a party of no as in :

1. No more unconstitutional power grabs
2. No more deficit spending
3. No more wars of aggression
4. No more foreign interventionism
5. No more ham handed economic interventionism
6. No more special interest entitlements, subsidies and "bail-outs"
7. No more trading liberty for "security"

Or as AuH2O put it
"have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution ... or have failed their purpose ... or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should be attacked for neglecting my constituents' 'interests,' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty, and in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

I understand that, but Just saying no isn't going to cut it anymore, what do you think

think again,, they said yes to a lot of stuff you bone headed leaders voted no on.. yes to no illegals,, yes to electonic verification, yes to tort reform yes to shopping health care interstate and bla bla bla you guys just turned a deaf ear.. do you believe everything the dems tell you?? just curious!

I think that you have drunk too much of the leftist kool-aid. The Republicans have offered a number of bills in regards to fixing the healthcare system in the country (all of which the Democrats said "no" to). Learn to research yourself and stop using the political wonks talking points.

-TSO

1. No more unconstitutional power grabs
2. No more deficit spending
3. No more wars of aggression
4. No more foreign interventionism
5. No more ham handed economic interventionism
6. No more special interest entitlements, subsidies and "bail-outs"
7. No more trading liberty for "security"

YAY you!!! MIPS for Congress!!!

-TSO

The Republicans in congress offered quite a bit. but they were told "I won" and were locked out of negotiations. How did that work out for ya?

:eusa_whistle:

It is just one lemming heading away from the cliff.

We still think 0bama's proposals are a Tsunami of stupid. trying to make positive right now will have to wait till all the sandbags are in place.

Maybe if the Democrats would stop locking them out of meeting rooms,they could then begin listening to some logic and reason. You first have to unlock the door and let them in for this to begin happening. The Republicans are not in a position to say no to anything. Scott Brown winning only changes that slightly. The Democrats have all the power and have for a long time. Their miserable failures cannot possibly be blamed on the Republicans. The Republicans have had no voice at all in recent years. Hopefully this will change soon though. The Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for their miserable failures. Let the Republicans in and we might actually see some progress for our country. The ball is in the Democrat's court.

Last edited:
From the standpoint of the Congressional Republicans they might just want to continue to follow the advice of Napoleon Bonaparte and "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

Let the implosion of Obamacare run it's course and then step up with a counter proposal(s) that will look highly rational and reasonable in comparison.

In other words if the Kamikaze Progressives want to jump off a cliff, let 'em.

Good point MIPS. I think that's exactly what the Republicans are going to do. It's the Democrat's show and i think the Republicans are actually enjoying watching it from the sidelines. However my gut tells me that the Democrats are going to give up and do just what Scott Brown advised. They'll have to go back to the drawing board and include Republicans in the discussions. I guess we'll see though.

think again,, they said yes to a lot of stuff you bone headed leaders voted no on.. yes to no illegals,, yes to electonic verification, yes to tort reform yes to shopping health care interstate and bla bla bla you guys just turned a deaf ear.. do you believe everything the dems tell you?? just curious!

None of that will bring down the cost of insurance nor medical costs, and you know it. I sadly believe that the majority of the people in this country are truly stupid and are being played like puppets by big industry. They are actively voting against the productivity, health and competitiveness of all of our citizens. Sad. The only think that will come from continuing the status quo is the already rich getting richer and the rest of us, poorer and poorer. Third world, here we come.

Forum List

Back