Will The MSM Get Their 'Obama Comeback' Story They Want?

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
It's pretty clear they've already decided this next Debate will be an 'Obama Comeback' victory. Looks like that story's been written even before the Debate takes place. That's just what i'm observing anyway. The script has already been written. But anyway...

Here’s three things to watch when President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney face-off tonight in the second presidential debate in New York:

1. How eager will the media be to write the Obama comeback story?

Rest assured: Many of the reporters in Hempstead, New York covering tonight’s town-hall at Hofstra University are already pre-writing “How Obama Got His Groove Back” stories.

Obama admits that he lost to Romney in the first debate in Denver and has been setting the stage in the media for a comeback story ever since.

“Governor Romney had a good night. I had a bad night,” Obama told Diane Sawyer after the face-off in Denver two weeks ago.

“If you have a bad game you just move on, you look forward to the next one, and it makes you that much more determined,” he said.

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs went even further Tuesday on Morning Joe: “I think you’re going to see an exceptionally strong debate performance tonight from the president.”

“Judging by word coming from the Obama campaign, Tuesday night’s second presidential debate at Hofstra University could be the greatest do-over in history,” wrote columnist Byron York of the Washington

2. How will Obama handle questions about Libya?

The debate comes just one day after Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told news outlets that she takes full responsibility for the security problems that led to the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans in Benghazi on Sept. 11 this year.

In a Monday interview with CNN, Clinton essentially gave cover to Obama over whether they are to blame. “The president and the vice president wouldn’t be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals, the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision,” she said.

Will Obama echo the same line?...

Read more: Three things to watch when Romney and Obama debate at Hofstra | The Daily Caller

It's pretty clear they've already decided this next Debate will be an 'Obama Comeback' victory. Looks like that story's been written even before the Debate takes place. That's just what i'm observing anyway. The script has already been written. But anyway...

Here’s three things to watch when President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney face-off tonight in the second presidential debate in New York:

1. How eager will the media be to write the Obama comeback story?

Rest assured: Many of the reporters in Hempstead, New York covering tonight’s town-hall at Hofstra University are already pre-writing “How Obama Got His Groove Back” stories.

Obama admits that he lost to Romney in the first debate in Denver and has been setting the stage in the media for a comeback story ever since.

“Governor Romney had a good night. I had a bad night,” Obama told Diane Sawyer after the face-off in Denver two weeks ago.

“If you have a bad game you just move on, you look forward to the next one, and it makes you that much more determined,” he said.

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs went even further Tuesday on Morning Joe: “I think you’re going to see an exceptionally strong debate performance tonight from the president.”

“Judging by word coming from the Obama campaign, Tuesday night’s second presidential debate at Hofstra University could be the greatest do-over in history,” wrote columnist Byron York of the Washington

2. How will Obama handle questions about Libya?

The debate comes just one day after Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told news outlets that she takes full responsibility for the security problems that led to the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans in Benghazi on Sept. 11 this year.

In a Monday interview with CNN, Clinton essentially gave cover to Obama over whether they are to blame. “The president and the vice president wouldn’t be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals, the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision,” she said.

Will Obama echo the same line?...

Read more: Three things to watch when Romney and Obama debate at Hofstra | The Daily Caller
he be wrong to eco same line as it look like he blaming clinton which make him look very bad. He need to take blame on to himself as well really. but librya question very awkard

secondly i doubt media won,t a comeback story. i think even if they did they won,t get it if romney win debate tonight. conservatives could be happy as they say election over as romney wins election and pulls further clear.

i might be wrong but that the worrying feeing i get . i don,t have much confidence obama will deliver the goods tonight. he not a great debater unlike romney.

No doubt the liberal moderator will allow Obama to pull a Biden on Romney. The funny thing is that it will back fire and Obama will look the fool for it. If this happens Romney should look at the moderator and say "Hey, if you are not going to hold the president to the terms that he agreed upon in this debate, why dont you just go over there and sit beside him and I will debate both of you".
No doubt that would bring the crowd to it's feet applauding. Everyone sees through this bullshit of lib moderators anymore.

wow i already called this right after the first debate....

Boring
i doubt media will get what they want as i think obama is not a good debater and romney very good one. Personally think more pressure on obama which could undo him in the end.

No doubt the liberal moderator will allow Obama to pull a Biden on Romney. The funny thing is that it will back fire and Obama will look the fool for it. If this happens Romney should look at the moderator and say "Hey, if you are not going to hold the president to the terms that he agreed upon in this debate, why dont you just go over there and sit beside him and I will debate both of you".
No doubt that would bring the crowd to it's feet applauding. Everyone sees through this bullshit of lib moderators anymore.
if that happened then the election be over and obama will coincide tonight. He need to either tie the debate or win it to have a chance still in this election.

If obama can't bring it tonight, WITH a moderator wholly dedicated to helping him, he should concede. He won't because obama is still convinced that he won LAST TIME.

If obama can't bring it tonight, WITH a moderator wholly dedicated to helping him, he should concede. He won't because obama is still convinced that he won LAST TIME.
well i think he should have no choice if he peforms as badly as last time

another victory for romney tonight and gop will be nearing the finishing line of this contest.

What matters is how the people view the debate not the media when 70 million or more people can see things with their own eyes any media spin either way is irrelevant.
don,t think debate changed much. obama kept himself in the race and romney kept himself in the lead. doubt polls change much

another victory for romney tonight and gop will be nearing the finishing line of this contest.

The only way Obama could have been worse is if he pretended to be a speed bump. :lol:

What we got was a bit of the hood thug version. All he needed was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a malt liquor in his hand to complete it. :tongue:

:clap2:

The only way Obama could have been worse is if he pretended to be a speed bump. :lol:

What we got was a bit of the hood thug version. All he needed was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a malt liquor in his hand to complete it. :tongue:

he was more fiesty but not sure he changed narrative. deep down first debate i think still changed course of the election and second debate not really changed that course.

romney front runner still. Obama kept himself in game but still romney to lose.

he was more fiesty but not sure he changed narrative. deep down first debate i think still changed course of the election and second debate not really changed that course.

romney front runner still. Obama kept himself in game but still romney to lose.

Astute observation. Romney did well selling the most important point...You want four more years of misery, Obama's your man. You want something different, Romney's your man. And that's what it all really comes down to in the end.

New Topics

Forum List

Back