Will the low gasoline prices cause you to use more gasoline this year?

I hate driving, American drivers are such jerks. Ungracious semiskilled childish ham handed jerks. It's the reason I had to put a Go pro camera in my car, because (fellow drivers) ignore most if not all traffic laws they can get away with, and when they cause an accident, they blame the victim. I hate driving.

Demand appears to be somewhat inelastic...

STEOGasoDemandPrices.png

Will I use more gas this year? Probably. I like to go bicycling in the mountains of Colorado, and when gas prices were above 3.50, I couldn't afford to go.

However..................when the gas prices started to drop, I made 3 trips to Colorado last year. Once for my room mate's birthday, once for MY birthday, and once to go and watch the leaves change.

And yeah...............I was able to ride my bicycle all three times I went.

This year, in addition to trips for our birthdays (because Denver and Pueblo have some EXCELLENT places to eat.........I heartily recommend the Shamrock Brew Pub in Pueblo), we are also planning on going and watching a professional bicycle race as well as doing the fall foliage thing.

I am still driving 15 miles a week. If gasoline prices went up to 20 dollars a gallon, I would still drive. I still hate American drivers, they are total freeking undisciplined children. I love my go pro, it will save me thousands from these selfish buffoons. I have been rear ended, T-boned and hit rear ended people. That camera is worth more than lower gas prices.

No. Where I chose to go, I go, regardless of the price of gas. If I am going from point A to point B, then I drive at the limit or slightly over if it is a long ways, such as Oregon to North Dakota. If I am exploring a new area, then I drive slow, keep an eye on the rear view mirror, and pull over and let others go by. Stop a lot at roadcuts, also.

I am still driving 15 miles a week. If gasoline prices went up to 20 dollars a gallon, I would still drive. I still hate American drivers, they are total freeking undisciplined children. I love my go pro, it will save me thousands from these selfish buffoons. I have been rear ended, T-boned and hit rear ended people. That camera is worth more than lower gas prices.
Well, Oregon is really hard to beat for well mannered drivers. Have a few assholes, but most are pretty good and courteous.

Buying more gas would require money lol. Apparently Amurikans in classic style have reacted to gas being down for a couple of weeks by trading in their cars for SUVs. What a bunch of idiots.

Forum List

Back