Will the left leaning supreme court come back to the center by voting

This is a completely different subject, but I'll go with it. When someone starts a business they have decided to service the public. Not just the portion of the public they have something in common with or the portion they like. For a baker to refuse to make a cake for a gay wedding is just hateful. The baker doesn't have to participate in the wedding at all. However, the photographer has to attend the wedding and actually take part in it so I agree with the photographer.

Would you side with the business owners in a small town that got together and decided they would not provide their product of service to anyone who was not Islamic? How would any non-Muslim get their groceries, car serviced, cable, telephone, heat if they were on propane, hot water, etc.? Woud you tell that person that they will just have to sell their home and find someplace else to live? You see discrimination is not something to be supported, but it appears you've may have chosen to support it anyways. Have you?

One can make a reasonable exception for life-needed services, and one can easily make an exception to anything related to interstate commerce. However, using the full weight of the government to punish someone for not providing an easily replaced service is quite frankly appalling.

And as for it being hateful, would YOU want to bake a cake for a Klan rally?

Interstate would only apply to federal laws- most PA laws- all PA having to do with banning discrimination against homosexuals- are state and local laws.

I wouldn't want to bake a cake for lots of people- but its against the law for me to refuse to bake a cake just because the customer is black or Jewish or Christian.

No protection for the Klan though.

And welcome to all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. What about a Christian Identity function? You would be then discriminating against a religion.

What is a 'Christian identity function'? a KKK meeting? I can see an argument being made refusing to bake a cake for a KKK rally could be construed as refusing to bake a cake for a Christian function, but it would be a hard argument to make.

And rather than play stupid- you know why there are specified groups protected by PA laws- and it has nothing to do with whites not 'being equal' with blacks or atheists not being equal to Christians. PA are in place to respond to historic discrimination based upon race or religion or national origin or gender or homosexuality or handicap. That doesn't make those people more equal but it makes some discrimination illegal.
The kkk is a democrat thing

Wow how completely irrelevant to the topic and thread! You must be proud!

One can make a reasonable exception for life-needed services, and one can easily make an exception to anything related to interstate commerce. However, using the full weight of the government to punish someone for not providing an easily replaced service is quite frankly appalling.

Interstate would only apply to federal laws- most PA laws- all PA having to do with banning discrimination against homosexuals- are state and local laws.

I wouldn't want to bake a cake for lots of people- but its against the law for me to refuse to bake a cake just because the customer is black or Jewish or Christian.

And welcome to all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. What about a Christian Identity function? You would be then discriminating against a religion.

What is a 'Christian identity function'? a KKK meeting? I can see an argument being made refusing to bake a cake for a KKK rally could be construed as refusing to bake a cake for a Christian function, but it would be a hard argument to make.

And rather than play stupid- you know why there are specified groups protected by PA laws- and it has nothing to do with whites not 'being equal' with blacks or atheists not being equal to Christians. PA are in place to respond to historic discrimination based upon race or religion or national origin or gender or homosexuality or handicap. That doesn't make those people more equal but it makes some discrimination illegal.

That's what Thannie does when he runs out of personal insults.

Just following your lead

That's what Thannie does when he runs out of personal insults.
Must suck to be as stupid and classless as you

Forum List

Back