Will the GOP Culture Wars help them in November?

I don't have "moral reasons", dear.

I am all for folks practicing BC and having as much sex as they want, whether married or not. Your assumption is humorous, though.

The SCOTUS has already ruled, and AGAIN ruled, that religious organizations can break certain anti-discrimination laws. And, the reason they can is because the Supreme Law of the Land is the Constitution, not anti-discrimination laws and not Obamacare.

When did SCOTUS ever rule that a religious organization, running a business that was not primarily engaged in religious activities,

could be exempt from labor or business laws because of religious objections?
Why, just this year. They ruled on it AGAIN. That's because, unlike so many, they know the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land.

And the reason you didn't actually post the case is....

When did SCOTUS ever rule that a religious organization, running a business that was not primarily engaged in religious activities,

could be exempt from labor or business laws because of religious objections?
Why, just this year. They ruled on it AGAIN. That's because, unlike so many, they know the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land.

And the reason you didn't actually post the case is....
No problem.

Then, you can look at other exemptions from the laws that religious organizations have.

Yeah. Those Dimocrats are sure sitting pretty. After all, working in their favor is a struggling economy, unemployment, $4-5 a gallon gas, the occupy Wall St. crowd threatening all sorts of mayhem in NY and protesting at the Dim convention, gargantuan debt - which Barry promised to cut in half his first term - that's growing by a trillion+ dollars with each new annual budget, and on and on and on.

Staunch Republicans, others who crossed over in '08, independents, and disgruntled Democrats fed up with Barry & Co. probably won't even bother to show up in November the situation looks so hopeless.

Culture wars? LOL The only people talking about "contraceptives" are lefties and the media.....redundant I know........trying to get the conservatives off the real issues. Nice ploy, but even a 5 year old can tell who is making what an issue. It's a failing strategy, just like everything else Dear Ruler does.

I think it will help them a lot with far right wing kooks. al Qaeda loves the Republicans. Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him. Republican torture swelled the ranks of al Qaeda. Made it possible for al Qaeda to go to Iraq. Republicans brought down the US economy and divided the nation worse than al Qaeda ever could.

It's like al Qaeda are giving the Republicans a political outline to follow that would help al Qaeda. So far, Republicans have followed it to the "T" and continue to do so.

I think it will help them a lot with far right wing kooks. al Qaeda loves the Republicans. Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him. Republican torture swelled the ranks of al Qaeda. Made it possible for al Qaeda to go to Iraq. Republicans brought down the US economy and divided the nation worse than al Qaeda ever could.

It's like al Qaeda are giving the Republicans a political outline to follow that would help al Qaeda. So far, Republicans have followed it to the "T" and continue to do so.

Why did obama help al Qaeda in Libya? Why wasn't bin ladin wanted by the FBI for 9/11? Was America at war at any time it may have helped al Qaeda?

And yet Obama is the one who aided Al Qaeda in the overthrow of Qaddafi. Go Figure.

I don't think so...

When Obama comes out in full campaign mode, he'll make the GOP look much more childish than they already look. I suspect GOP leaders are very nervous. They should be...

the strategy works in states where the GOP is attempting to raise turnout in order to keep enough electoral votes in play. some states almost always have cultural issues pushed before the electorate right before the Presidential election. It's not really a strategy to win on the cultural issues, it's all about turnout - the vote

Forum List

Back