Will the GOP Culture Wars help them in November?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
I don't think so...

When Obama comes out in full campaign mode, he'll make the GOP look much more childish than they already look. I suspect GOP leaders are very nervous. They should be...

o-mo-bama.JPG

It'll all come out in the wash. GOP extremists these days are loving all the attention their candidates are getting, and there are times when it bothers me how seriously the media is taking their sometimes ridiculous stances on things....but then I remind myself that this IS the GOP Primary battle and they are the only game in town right now.

I too think that When the dust clears and the Republicans have decided on who their candidate will be, the extremist nature of what used to be a honorable political party will come to light. When that happens, I don't know how they can win in November. The sound bites (that only appeal to the MOST Conservative among us ) alone will probably destroy them with most voters.

The record of filibustering and obstructionist politics will hurt them in Congress.

Now, I am not naive enough to predict a landslide for Dems across the board...there are too many states and regions that are die hard Conservative and always will be to make such a bold prediction. But then again, I can't honestly say that it won't happen either.

It's going to depend on the mindset of the People of this Country. If you are dumb enough to think that this message board is an indicator, then you'd have to give the nod to the GOP/Tea Party. But as most of us know... the vast majority of the people in this country haven't even heard of the US Message Board. This place draws die hard political junkies from both sides.... it's not even close to a true indicator of the public in general.

No, it won't be people like you and I that decide this election. It will be Independents and Moderates who will.

It'll all come out in the wash. GOP extremists these days are loving all the attention their candidates are getting, and there are times when it bothers me how seriously the media is taking their sometimes ridiculous stances on things....but then I remind myself that this IS the GOP Primary battle and they are the only game in town right now.

I too think that When the dust clears and the Republicans have decided on who their candidate will be, the extremist nature of what used to be a honorable political party will come to light. When that happens, I don't know how they can win in November. The sound bites (that only appeal to the MOST Conservative among us ) alone will probably destroy them with most voters.

The record of filibustering and obstructionist politics will hurt them in Congress.

Now, I am not naive enough to predict a landslide for Dems across the board...there are too many states and regions that are die hard Conservative and always will be to make such a bold prediction. But then again, I can't honestly say that it won't happen either.

It's going to depend on the mindset of the People of this Country. If you are dumb enough to think that this message board is an indicator, then you'd have to give the nod to the GOP/Tea Party. But as most of us know... the vast majority of the people in this country haven't even heard of the US Message Board. This place draws die hard political junkies from both sides.... it's not even close to a true indicator of the public in general.

No, it won't be people like you and I that decide this election. It will be Independents and Moderates who will.

Very good analysis - and I agree. However, I expect to see polls starting to shift left as we approach November.

Some voters are stupid all the time; some voters are stupid some of the time; however, there aren't enough voters stupid at the same time to give all three branches of government to Republicans in the near future. I predict Obama will win re-election and Dems will win the House and/or Senate (I won't be surprised if Dems win both). People got hoodwinked by Tea Party bullshit in 2010, but I don't expect that'll happen again.

Amen to that. Many of the wingnuts on this board sound like robo-retards.

By being stupid enough to insult all of womankind, RUSH just shot the GOP in the foot.

The GOP just cannot help itself.

It brought these sociopathic vermin into its camp and now it is stuck with them and their hateful POVs.

I don't think so...

When Obama comes out in full campaign mode, he'll make the GOP look much more childish than they already look. I suspect GOP leaders are very nervous. They should be...

Will a failing Economy help obama in November?

Last edited:
Fixing the culture is what will fix our nation. But if you think Obama's sideshow on birth control is the culture wars, then you dont see the real issues at all.

Last edited:
No, the rights insistence on focusing on social issues, especially a settled issue like freaking birth control, isn't going to serve them well going into November.

Great avatar, very appropriate.

GREEN WITH ENVY

No, the rights insistence on focusing on social issues, especially a settled issue like freaking birth control, isn't going to serve them well going into November.
Well, the right isn't waging a 'war' on BC. The right is fighting Obama's blasphemy of the First Amendment.

Well, the right isn't waging a 'war' on BC. The right is fighting Obama's blasphemy of the First Amendment.

So says you. To bad (not) that the only people who believe that are rabid right wing whack jobs. And fortunately there are not enough of you to get a president elected.

And the first amendment is not under attack. No matter how many time you say it.

The better approach to get Obama is to attack him for going to an undeclared war with Iran, with no way to pay for it.

But wait a minute. You rethugs are supporting that. Oh well there goes your best shot.

:lol:...right...

Go with that.

Did you know that Georgetown provides contraception to its employees through their health insurance? Students at Georgetown are required to have health insurance and if they have to purchase it through Georgetown, it doesn't provide contraception. How is that for religious reasons if they provide it to their employees?

Forum List

Back